It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Judge Sides With Sharia System, Says Muslim Cop Can Keep His Beard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The New York City police department is now reassessing their policy banning beards after a Muslim backed class action lawsuit was brought against them on behalf of a Muslim officer. The officer was arrested for violating the rule and wearing a beard in accordance with his religion.

The officer is Masood Syed. He was suspended during the holy month of Ramadan when he refused to shave his very large beard. Now he has been reinstated. The attorney for the city, Michael Fleming mentioned the limit of facial hair is necessary for gas masks to fit very tightly on the officers faces in the line of duty.

In the lawsuit, the lawyers say it is unconstitutional and the police very inconsistently enforced. The report asks for unspecified damages as well as a court order injunction that prohibits the New York police department from enforcing the beard policy. Within 120 days a review of the rule should take place. In the future the police department will reexamine how it continues to handle these types of disciplinary cases as well as exemptions that involves the ruling. Didn’t anyone every teach these people the lesson that it’s better to be seen and not heard. Shaving your beard is no big deal. Would you rather lose your job or cry about your beard. Because your employers certainly won’t want to go the extra mile for you when you sue them.
This is what’s wrong with American, people thinking they should get special privileges because of their race, religion, sexual orientation or religion. Do you see Jews, Buddhists, Christians etc. going around asking for special privileges? No! So why should Muslims be any different? Beards are NOT required as an "obligation" for muslims to grow.
They’re constantly asking and protesting for fair and equal treatment under the law, well you got it and now all you’re doing is complaining about it!
freedomdaily.com...
edit on 6-7-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Surprise!

counterjihad.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
Do you see Jews, Buddhists, Christians etc. going around asking for special privileges? No!

Actually yes. Christian organizations have asked to be exempted from portions of the ACA requiring birth control. Christian pharmacists wanted to be excused from providing day after pills.

Make no mistake this is BS, if you accept a job and the rules you should do it and abide by the rules. But don't pretend all the religious sects aren't try getting one over on the rules. Muslims are just the pet project of the left right now so the rules don't apply to them.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

YES, an interesting video, but i can see clearly why it was deleted.....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

going around asking for special privileges?
Just a thought, would you sue your boss/company and ask for compensation when you broke their rules? I doubt it,unless you don't like your job....this guy will be hounded out that's for sure. You don't break the "CODE on the JOB"....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You asked who might be looking for special privileges based on religion. I gave you two examples. The fact that those people are demonized by the left isn't my problem.

You have freedom of religion, but it doesn't excuse you from the rules you accept when you take a job. I agree with you for the most part. I'm just pointing out that the absurd Muslim beliefs are no better or worse than absurd beliefs held by other religions and no less likely to be used as an excuse

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Goodo, I'm going to become a brain surgeon and demand that I only make banzai trees. It's my right damn it. I didn't get into the brain surgery business knowing it was going to be so oppressive to my wants.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So when they employed him he must of had a beard? Or was he converted during his job? Seems strange to me it wasn't enforced from the beginning or he wasn't told on induction day. I am assuming he isn't special forces so I find it strange they are using the gas mark angle as justification.

Is this just another anti Muslim story.think ATS needs to change its name to meet the demand these days.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

o when they employed him he must of had a beard?
No, he abide by the rules and had his "stubble beard" within the required length.(to wear gas masks) Then he decided to "Buck" the system and grow it longer. A beard is NOT a requirement in islam for muslims.......

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You asked who might be looking for special privileges based on religion
No i didn't ask, the "link" had that comment. Anyway, i understand your point and the same delemma occurred in another OP of mine which covered the same problem, check it out: Switzerland denies Muslim girls citizenship after they refuse to swim with boys

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's seen as an obligation though.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

It's seen as an obligation though.
No, you are incorrect....it's a way for muslims to "buck" the system and a "fashion". As i said to you, NOT AN ISLAM REQUIREMENT......

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
In Canada, hassidic jews made a big fuss about getting arrested by a women cop because woman aren't supposed to interact with them.

The rcmp accepts punjabi cops to not wear helmets because they wear turbans.

All sharia law or religious acceptance, ill go with the second part.

Good Job tommo

edit on 7-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Good morning tommo...just a comment. Here in Dearborn...I use the public pool. The women all swim fully dressed... to toe..

Seems odd I need a shower to wear swim trunks...and they can come into the hot tub and pools fully clothed.

There is also a family locker room...and Ive seen teen boys of one family...go into there and observe females of others. Seems a bit twisted to me.

Also no cameras allowed...exept the women all have cameras and are visibly using them. Ask why is any of the above allowed?

Answer is: "Its a cultural thing". I understand, but....this is America.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
As New York is only a few minutes from my home I am there frequently for work or personal reasons. I have seen Sikhs with turbans and beards so it is not a 'Muslim' thing, it is a religious freedom situation.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Then stick this guy in "Evidence" or better yet, send Him out to write handicap parking tickets. Grow a beard, never take a shower and drive around in Your cart w/Your beard.. Heck, go full "Bat Masterson" and wear a Derby hat and carry a cane, just don't come whining..

I'll bet He is tagging evidence or collecting evidence by the end of the year, or He'll retire out w/some horse manure claim..

When I worked 'TheJob' if You wanted to grow a beard You studied for the Detective Exam and went and worked Dope, then You got to grow a beard and drive the cool cars. I had a Goatee down to My waist and drove a Pearl White Caddy...

Stick the 'tissue' to Parkers or handling reports at the station..

Sadly, in today's climate, this Turd will probably get promoted!

Proud Member of LEAP- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: tommo39
Do you see Jews, Buddhists, Christians etc. going around asking for special privileges? No!

Actually yes. Christian organizations have asked to be exempted from portions of the ACA requiring birth control. Christian pharmacists wanted to be excused from providing day after pills.

Make no mistake this is BS, if you accept a job and the rules you should do it and abide by the rules. But don't pretend all the religious sects aren't try getting one over on the rules. Muslims are just the pet project of the left right now so the rules don't apply to them.

It's actually the opposite. The Muslim is trying to make their employer conform to them. The person working at a Catholic workplace is trying to force the workplace to conform to them and force them to offer something that is against their religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
It's actually the opposite. The Muslim is trying to make their employer conform to them. The person working at a Catholic workplace is trying to force the workplace to conform to them and force them to offer something that is against their religion.

I don't think it matters if you are employer or employee, if you wish to do business as either you need to follow the rules. I don't give a flying f%*k what your religion is. If religion is getting in the way of following the rules of business maybe it's not the business you should be in. Religious tax-exempt organizations maybe need to start paying a bit. ACA penalties are a good start. They benefit as much as anybody else from the infrastructure we pay for.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

edit on 8-7-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
"women all swim fully dressed... to toe.."
I wonder if they have a shower fully dressed?? Don't know much about Dearborn but i see you have "Sharia Law" there. Christ what a change, it's a threat to freedom and incompatible with the Constitution. I live in Indonesia and sharia is an evil law of islam, and practiced in certain areas over here. You cannot buy a beer, hold your girl friends hand in public, have a woman as pillion passenger unless you are related, and if you do you are canned in the public square. Islam is a "time machine" religion, outdated and not compatible with the 21st century.........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join