It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Blair said to Bush in memos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Memos sent by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair to then US President George W Bush in the run-up to the Iraq War shine a light on the extent of the relationship between the two leaders.

What Blair said to Bush in memos

I think that these memos and the content of some of the conversation indicate and further evidence that the US with the assistance and total support of the UK government were intent at invading Iraq at all costs and the gains that could be made in the rest of the middle eastern region.

So ATS, what say you?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Would be useful for the OP to have some of the quotes for us to dissect. Is there anything new that hasnt been dissected?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I say that both of them should be savagely prosecuted for misleading the public, for starting a war with a nation which posed no immediate threat, for violating God knows how many standards of practice in the doing of it, and for dishonouring the stations they occupied at the time, not to mention the names of their respective nations in the eyes of the world.

A pox on both their houses, as a great man once wrote.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It's said Blair was in love with Bush and that is what drove him.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Are you saying that the western leaders were acting as one Order, to take over the World, is this New?

Do you think it changed with Obama? Do you think it will change if Hillary gets elected?

Do you think an EU army will make it better?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The answers to your questions would appear to be:

Perhaps and no.

No.
No.
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Speaking of their houses. 1:30.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Pfffffffthahahahha!

Oh dear...oh that tickled me rotten!

But seriously, he and Bush have to be two of the biggest exporters and creators of terror that this world has ever seen. Everything they did was a disaster, and has only had the merest of positive influence on the geopolitical situation, when compared with the overwhelmingly catastrophic nature of the greater portion of the results.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Democracy bombs

Disgusting though we waste money on a armed guard.
That likely 40,000 a year wasted to protect his slimmy arse.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It seems to me from what i am watching that this confirms what we always knew, the basis for the war was deeply flawed yet political leaders just ignored what all the experts were saying and drove on with war.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes... A waste of money, since any person who loves their freedom, or indeed this country, would clobber the bastard to death with his own shoes for what he has done to our image and to the population of the Middle East, North Africa, and so on, in our name.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes... A waste of money, since any person who loves their freedom, or indeed this country, would clobber the bastard to death with his own shoes for what he has done to our image and to the population of the Middle East, North Africa, and so on, in our name.

As i said in the other thread, im surprised no one has set up a crowd sourced bounty

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Apologies I didn't put more of the quotes of the article on there. As far as reviews that have been done of these memos, I believe this is the first time they have been released.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join