It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Sen. Joni Ernst, who will be Trump's pick for VP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Though this pick could be seen as pandering, this women has gravitas, and is a military veteran. I see this as a smart move. What say you, ATS?

Donald Trump says he's spending part of Monday's holiday with a potential running mate pick: Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa

Ernst is the first woman ever elected to Congress from Iowa and the first female combat veteran ever to serve in the Senate.

Largely unknown two years ago, Ernst broke through a crowded 2014 GOP primary field to win the nomination for Senate with a campaign ad in which she said her rural roots and experiences castrating hogs would serve as training for how she would cut pork in Washington. She also had the backing of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, who is now a Trump ally.

Ernst went on to beat four-term Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley for the Senate seat previously held for decades by liberal hero Tom Harkin.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

It would be smart for him to pick a woman.

Although, I don't see anybody who isn't going to get just destroyed at a debate if Hillary picks Warren as her running mate.

However he picks, they better be verbose and ready to defend him on his silly silly talking points.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich is the perfect running mate for Donald.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Whoever the pick is... They'll be greaaaaat. And they've done great things and will do even greater things.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I thought I read that Joni already rejected the idea of being Trump's V.P. awhile back. Is she reconsidering?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One problem ere with her and any other pick now in the Senate, is GOP control of the Senate itself. It's tight, and if she has to resign her senate seat in order to run, it puts the Senate at risk. Not that Trump owes the GOP anything given how they have treated him, but still....

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ummm...I agree...it will be Newt Gingrich...

Constitutional Historian...check
More intelligent than the entirety of the democrat caucus...check
The architect of the balanced budget during Bill "the cigar" Clintons reign...check

Impropriety with handling his divorce...MEH...that's all his detractors have...
I watched Newt through all of the Bill "the cigar" Clintons eight years...the man is the most intelligent person I've ever seen in politics...

ANY...administration would do well to bring him on board...Not only that...He's not a neocon...he's a Constitutionalist...with a fair smattering of Libertarianism thrown in for good measure...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I thought I read that Joni already rejected the idea of being Trump's V.P. awhile back. Is she reconsidering?

He's meeting with her today, so maybe she did.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

The architect of the balanced budget during Bill "the cigar" Clintons reign...check

I watched Newt through all of the Bill "the cigar" Clintons eight years...the man is the most intelligent person I've ever seen in politics...

ANY...administration would do well to bring him on board...Not only that...He's not a neocon...he's a Constitutionalist...with a fair smattering of Libertarianism thrown in for good measure...

YouSir

I agree Newt would be the BEST pick, but considering how bad DJT is doing with women, I think Joni Ernst would be the most logical choice to help him with this demographic. I know no one votes on the VP pick alone, but I think she would do more to assist his image with the women.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It would be smart for him to pick a woman.

Although, I don't see anybody who isn't going to get just destroyed at a debate if Hillary picks Warren as her running mate.

However he picks, they better be verbose and ready to defend him on his silly silly talking points.

~Tenth

Warren? Meh. Right out if anyone points to the fact she claimed she was Native American and listed herself as a minority, when in fact she isn't even on the Senate minority list, she will lack credibility in everything else she says.

Sen. Warren not listed among Native Americans

Sen. Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage sparked a major dust-up in the Massachusetts Senate campaign last year. Now, the newly sworn-in Democrat is not being listed as a minority on the Senate's official website.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Trump should pick Gary Johnson and blow everyone's minds.

heeheehee

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Warren? Meh. Right out if anyone points to the fact she claimed she was Native American and listed herself as a minority, when in fact she isn't even on the Senate minority list, she will lack credibility in everything else she says.

Considering the amount of credibility we haven't taken away from Donald Trump, after the multitude of lies and demagoguery, I really doubt that will be Warrens downfall.

And she does have Native blood, just enough enough to qualify for status as far as I read. And furthermore, I wonder how a women VP pick would answer the following question:

" How do you react to the litany of sexist and derogatory comments made by your running mate, at women in the last 10 years?"

Won't take long to peg that VP pick as politically expedient as opposed to a well thought out choice based on merit.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

heeheehee

I can only dream that he would pick Gary Johnson. He would win the WH without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

" How do you react to the litany of sexist and derogatory comments made by your running mate, at women in the last 10 years?"

I'd reply with," A lot better than having a running mate that destroyed victims of rape by her husband".

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

note to Trump....if you pick newt, make sure you have a food taster on staff.....just sayin'

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

heeheehee

Donald Trump isn't fit to shine Gov. Gary Johnson's shoes.

Gov. Gary has a sense of honor that totally escapes Trump; that's why Gov. Johnson is a Libertarian and not a Republican.

Gov. Gary called Trump a pu**y.....an appropriate description imo.

www.kob.com...
edit on 4-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think Joni Ernst would be an excellent VP pick.
Her background is impressive.
I agree with every one of her viewpoints.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Considering the amount of credibility we haven't taken away from Donald Trump, after the multitude of lies and demagoguery, I really doubt that will be Warrens downfall.

And she does have Native blood, just enough enough to qualify for status as far as I read. And furthermore, I wonder how a women VP pick would answer the following question:

Won't take long to peg that VP pick as politically expedient as opposed to a well thought out choice based on merit.

~Tenth

The VP pick would answer: "Sure, Donald has made sexist and derogatory comment about women, but lets check the record where actions speak louder than words. He has created more jobs filled by women and pays higher than the women employed by Hillary, who campaigns on the equal pay platform but the Clinton foundation pays their women 38% less than the men. Also she says women should speak out against abuse without fear of repercussion, yet when her husband had various harassment complaints against him she threatened and belittled them. Next question."
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I agree with most of your post, except for the part about Trump saying sexist or derogatory things. I have never heard a quote where he said anything sexist or derogatory.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd love to watch Ernst castrate that pig!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join