It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Narrow Gate and the Road Few Find

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

No. It take more than one to argue, which you are doing moreso than I. We are all spectators here friend. You didnt get the memo?

If you accuse others of some imagined "superiority"...you exhibited more of it than I. I am only one in a giant wheel.

No one's different, superior or better than the other. I see though..striking a nerve with you...youve seemed to be that which you accuse me of.

Carry on...Im out........Peace!

edit on 4-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splg

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I travel Jesus by him carrying me through life

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You are correct in that friend!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I travel Jesus by him carrying me through life

I like that, He lights our path, guides us day by day. But is He your way and gate to the Father. Are you trusting in His completed work alone?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Faith without Works is Dead

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? If a brother or sister is naked and lacks food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill," and you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

James 2:14-17

It was written.

(I fully anticipate every legalistic apologetic argument under the sun but I will take what is written in the Bible and use that as it was meant)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

While I think that we all can agree that faith without works is dead, works is not the "path" to SALVATION. Maybe that's where the misunderstanding is.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The book of James reads like a rebuttal to the entire 'gospel' preached by Paul.

Faith, Wisdom, hearing and doing the Word. A warning against factions and partiality and then a full on rebuttal of the 'faith alone' doctrine of Paul

Followed up with a lesson on taming the "tongue" which is in Nazarene lingo a sometimes reference to a big mouth liar "the Tongue" (Habakkuk Pesher). This seems deliberate.

The two types of wisdom and a warning about friendship with the world, and a warning against boasting.

Truly I believe this is a rebuttal to Paul's faith only nonsense. It says as much.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

NOTurTypical, your posts have me thinking to myself. Just how "easy" is the plan of salvation? Is it possible for someone to love the Lord as their God and their Savior without understanding the significance of why he had to die in order to cleanse us and prepare us to spend eternity with God? Does FAITH have to mean complete understanding of WHY Jesus did what he did? I'm always torn on that question. We know that works without faith is dead, but how dead is faith without complete understanding? Does true faith lead everyone to knowledge or is it enough just to have faith? How much faith does it take?

edit on 4-7-2016 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Raggedyman

He's not a fundamentalist, he's a Gnostic. I'm a fundamentalist, tell me how often me and this fella agree on anything. He follows Gnosticism, it's a heresy.

I think the term fundamentalist is bandied around a little to liberally
I think the secular world sees Wesboro, that type of thing as fundamentalist

I also understand the term fundamentalist in the Christian vernacular, I chose the secular understanding in this context
I would classify myself as a fundamentalist in the Christian sense as well
No disrespect to you, no disrespect for Gnostics either
I won't, can't judge those in the world, though happy to engage in apologetics with them
Yes Gnosticism is a heresy, me and Aaron have spoken of this issue before
Hey Ak 👍

It teaches me to remain calm and humble, honoring those who hate gods message, love those in the world, broken like me

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Are you accusing anyone in specific or just generally?

The context of James, the brother of John who wrote that book in 48AD, who was beheaded in Acts 12 is under the gospel of the Kingdom for Israel. He writes to Israel as you can tell by the first verse of James.

Jas 1:1 ¶ James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
So today we are not under the Gospel of the kingdom which pertains to Israel in the land, and will again become the gospel during the Great tribulation.

Currently we are under the Gospel of the Grace of God as God had given this unto us via Paul, the one called out of due season, the apostle to the Gentiles, carrying the gospel of the uncircumcised (Gal 2:7). That any man Jew or Gentile could be saved through faith by grace(Eph 2:8,9) on Jesus Christ.

But we know what hatred you have for Paul just as Satan did and his Children the Pharisees of Israel.

And again you err not knowing the Scriptures. You must rightly divide or suffer loss in knowledge of the truth. But the faith that Paul taught was never without good works, reread all his writings and see. James was speaking to Jews in the Land not to trust in just faith without a changed life. They needed to walk the walk. Remember many believed but did not want the Jews to know they believed because Saul was sent to get those who were of the way.
edit on 4-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

NOTurTypical, your posts have me thinking to myself. Just how "easy" is the plan of salvation? Is it possible for someone to love the Lord as their God and their Savior without understanding the significance of why he had to die in order to cleanse us and prepare to spend eternity with God? Does FAITH have to mean complete understanding of WHY Jesus did what he did? I'm always torn on that question. We know that works without faith is dead, but how dead is faith without complete understanding? Does true faith lead everyone to knowledge or is it enough just to have faith? How much faith does it take?

Now I can say you are talking sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There is no reality in your belief in "being under the kingdom of grace."

That sounds like something a cult would teach.

The Kingdom of God is the only Kingdom and I could not care less about any other kingdom that is of man.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I said no such term as anyone being "under the kingdom of Grace". You best go back and re read what I posted. you are now twisting things without knowledge.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I guess my question for you, Wombocracy, is do you love Jesus with all of your heart and entrust your entire life to him? Or do you believe that just being a good person is the path? Would you say that you have a "personal relationship" with Jesus?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

While I think that we all can agree that faith without works is dead, works is not the "path" to SALVATION. Maybe that's where the misunderstanding is.

Salvation is not an issue.

Not once does Jesus say "salvation."

The Kingdom of God is what he teaches.

Condemnation being the alternative but the Kingdom is from doing (works) exactly what Jesus said.

Worrying about salvation is not part of the plan.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

How are you doing btw? Any special plans for the 4th?

No special plans. There is a meme from Matthew 24, (rumors of war) pops into my mind. Rumors are sounds. Although people consider fireworks to be celebration, it seems like a re-enactment of violent conflict to me. But hey, we are free-er than Canadians, eh? Rhetorical question, not really something I wish to debate on this holiday.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

"Build treasures in heaven where..."

Is that not a call to do to good deeds for the purpose of heavenly, not earthly rewards?

Not literal material rewards but to please God, that is the treasure and doing good deeds pleases God.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

you failed to realize that the kingdom promise was to Israel. that is why it is preached of Jesus, the twelve and John the Baptist the gospel of the kingdom and if they believed they were to be baptized. They were expecting him to bring in the promised kingdom. Israel is still waiting for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Let me just get this out of the way:

I don't believe you understand the Bible or agree with you on anything that I can think of. You have what are to me "spaceship" beliefs in essence and your opinion sounds tainted by someone who is seriously disturbed.

No point in us conversing exists.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You actually mean you wont converse because you know what I have pointed out is truth and the fact that you atribnuted to me things I did not say and that you have distracted from the OP topic.

Three D's at work here.

You dismiss, distract and demean.

You are a disinformationist here only to mislead. You are one of the many antichrists who are in this world.

And you are the one known as Gnosisisfaith our posts give you away. Next time you come back please try changing subjects entirely so maybe no one will know who you really are.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join