It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversion tactics SOME USED HERE...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here is a story about diversions used to the advantage of disturbed people...
thoughtcatalog.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Man they cover just about everything but the kitchen sink in that article (hahaha you must be bored)! I heard on the radio that in America there were 60 million mental people who should be institutionalized but alas no institutions. Instead we argue about which place to pee in..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Until they have a legal definition of demensia, an opinion can get you locked up..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Gas-lighting seems to be used a lot outside of debate irl... its what drives the entire insecurity engine in the masses. But that comes from not accepting someone for who they are by some unattainable ideal and comes from people "settling" but still disgruntled... it comes in the form of some uterine problems and someone’s dress, manners, or other behaviours in someone else’s expectation you meet their fantasy delusion instead of who you simply are in reality... so of course that's narcissism, socio and psycho pathology laying down game and it's not a very cool one at all to be playing because it comes from a place of insecurity or a fear of gasp being alone and enjoying ones own company... if you cant even stand yourself? Who else would... so it is a vicious cycle that gets worse and worse where no one ends up having any self value, unless it comes from the eyes of someone else... but if they don’t value you from a place of personal insecurity for whatever reasons... then why value their opinion when you throw no shade or deception to who you really are? Truth requires no memory to recall... insecurity lies and tries to be someone else than saying hey I may be a bit whatever but it can take years to really know someone.

I have friends Ive known for a couple decades... but they have things I know nothing about... and well thats fine obviously, because I accept them for them... now if one was to be found out as a rapist or some strange secret person then, well I would be that neighbour on the news... well, Im shocked and flabbier ghasted... but not surprised because I didn’t know them 100% and its not really my job to when it's called know thy self.

Ive no personal secrets all of it is out there floating in online land somewhere... and if it was anything to be embarrassed about I wouldn’t have put out all out there... its just past experience we all have experience, just without some secret self or ego that small window of experience is not a self its just tiny glimpses of an experience that other not you have had or have not had but still not ones own it just is what it is and was what it was at the time it was arising for various reasons... and if we are honest enough without self delusion then we likely wont delude others and present some false image to the world as to what our being actually consists of moment to moment to moment as intention is pure and no ulterior motives for doing or being other than what is seen at the time it is occurring.

For example, when I visit my local, I'm there to play billiards and possibly have a chat with the regulars I know. Im not there for the liquid libation that can loosen inhibitions towards sexual interaction that most take the bar setting to be for... that’s what makes someone a local to their watering hole... if you’re there to be on the prowl its been seen by people 100s if not thousands of times already so nothing new just becomes the worst part of the scene in staff etc, that constantly have to see it day in day out or whatever shift. I get hit on from time to time, and its unexpected because I’m never there for that... so it kinda throws me for a loop just as you’re saying when people can turn you around... as I've no business in there with people I don’t know. So ignoring others is a typical because im not there to be social with strangers, but if they talk to me I don’t ignore them.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Loading too slow for me to get past the first page, but what I've seen has been written by someone who knows this subject inside out. Great link.

This says it all for me.

Instead of admitting that self-improvement may be in order . . .
Such people have chosen to stay stuck in the mud for this precious lifetime instead of taking the golden opportunity to improve themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Just like that page failing to load properly :p

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yes I fully agree ATS has one they have banned over a dozen times in the last few months yet he returns under new names. He uses the exact tactics described in the article you linked too.

While some of us have used some of these points. But if you use most of these or all you might want to seek some help.

More seriously I don't think the person who wrote these has any authority to place these on a person. However Her insight into the human mind shows that these tactics are used by people even here on ATS.

here are the 20 just in case some wont go to the article. sorry you will need to go there to understand the meanings of each point.

1) gas lighting
2) Projection
3) Nonsensical conversations
4) blanket statement and generalizations
5) Deliberately misrepresenting your thoughts and feelings to the point of absurdity
6) Nitpicking and moving the goal posts.
7) Changing the subject to evade accountability
8) Covert and overt threats
9) Name-calling
10) Destructive conditioning
11) Smear campaigns and stalking
12) Love-bombing and devaluation
13) Preemptive defense
14) Triangulation
15) Bait and feign innocence
16) Boundary testing and hoovering
17) Aggressive jabs disguised as jokes
18) Condescending sarcasm and patronizing tone
19) Shaming
and lastly
20) Control - I am sure glad the MODS are in control here on ATS

edit on 2-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
NLP doveftails into that...I wonder if it was developed by a sociopath?

top topics

join