It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHL Items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WTH...

1. Stamkos stays in Tampa for 8 years at 8.5 AAV.. (okay that is not that odd)

2. Shea Weber for PK Subban straight up? What? Not sure what the Habs were thinking there..Weber is a monster no doubt and also significantly older than Subban.

3. Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.. I dont even know what to say.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The oilers saved about 2 million in the deal, so they might be bringing in a big free agent

Bergevin Must have been out with the old mayor of Toronto and the new PM of Canada and made that deal with those guys egging him on

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Surprised by Stamkos staying...why'd he wait to the deadline?

Subban leaving the Habs was surprising, but not a bad thing...there was tension in the dressing with him and others...always alot of drama with him.. I think he's much better off in a small market..

The Oilers trade looks bad on paper, but it's not about numbers. The Oil got exactly what they needed. A young right handed stud D-man..

I've been waiting so long to hop on the Oil band wagon. Perhaps this is the year.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'll just put this right here😊

Be patient, it may not be now. But in time😉.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Subban is locker room toxic. The Habs ( hate them) don't want this brash LOAD MOUTH becoming the new face of the team.

Taylor Hall is a 90% of the time player. Only gives 100% 90% of the time.

Can't wait till Friday......Which team is gonna waste their cash & sign Eric Stall to a contract. I watched for years as he lumbered back up the ice in an attempt to back check in Carolina. I have already sent an e-mail to the Canes organization letting them know that if they bring Stall back.....I'm done. I'll sell my season tickets and take up Putt Putt. Not to mention he's embarrassing time with the Rangers....a complete bust. Carolina...please, please try to sign someone who can score!!
edit on 30-6-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Montreal is stacking up this off season. I was devastated to see my boy Shaw leave Chicago, Montreal wasted no time locking him in for 6 years at 24 million. Sad times.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
WTH...

1. Stamkos stays in Tampa for 8 years at 8.5 AAV.. (okay that is not that odd)

2. Shea Weber for PK Subban straight up? What? Not sure what the Habs were thinking there..Weber is a monster no doubt and also significantly older than Subban.

3. Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.. I dont even know what to say.

Stamkos only stayed because the Lightening opened up the offense for him.

Weber is a RAPIDLY AGING asset with hard miles on him...Subban is a live hand grenade at the best of times who cannot play within System for his life without stepping up or out on his own and taking unreal numbers of penalties doing so....like Pouliot who forechecks high-risk looking for offense and in the process takes an inordinate number of penalties in the o-zone...something which is OK IMHO as long as he is generating scoring consistantly.

Hall for Larsson was done for many reasons....no the least which is that Hallsy was damaged goods from day one....this trade was much more fair than everyone wants to accept.....Halls shoulder was wrecked before he was drafted and he did not disclose it.....his bell was rung pre-draft by one of the most brutal hits I have ever seen and IMHO it looked like he suffered PERMANENT CONCUSSION damages and his "slow-foot" fallsy-hallsy act was a direct consequence IMHO.The dressing room was not allowing itself to be lead by Hall....not during any of his years as an Oiler.......the absolutely one-sided Taylor Hall priority-possesion privilages Edmontons Upper-Management IMHO forced the Head Coaches to fully endorse was done to PUMP UP HIS NUMBERS SO HIGH HE WOULD BE TRADABLE FOR A PROFIT.....nyet.....no one was that blind.Taylor Halls Musket is only half full with dry powder.....he doesnt have any BULLY-BITE-AND-FIGHT....he will rip you on the scoreboard only.

Hallsy will be a top 20 LW for a long time but not a top-10 guy IMHO.... Larsson will continue to evolve into a top NHL pairing D-Man and will be an Oiler for 6 years contributing to their run of 5 straight Cups which will happen if MacLellan dials in on and EMULATES the OBVIOUS fact that since 2012 the Kings-Hawks and now Penguins have been using the NewAge Hockey System to win their Stanley Cups.

The Oilers are the Posterboy NHL Team for proving that skilled players without a cutting edge championship System may not win anything.....and the Kings-Hawks proved since 2012 that the NHSs "EveryMan" focus can take underperforming stagnating NHL Teams to the Stanley Cup....and since then Sidney Crosby has again PROVEN that even a roster with Crosby and Malkins legendary skillsets leading CAN DIAL IT DOWN SKILLWISE and have each individual subscribe to the NHSs "EveryMan" focuses.

This is NOT COMMONLY DISCUSSED....but IMHO the SOLE REASON the Penguins won the 2016 Stanley Cup was because from Sidney Crosby to their NHS-Educated ex-Hawks Coach they ALL BOUGHT INTO THE NewAge Hockey System which has had a DIRECT BUT HIDDEN HAND in EVERY SINGLE STANLEY CUP SINCE 2012.

FYI if you learn the NHS Philosophy you will understand why Sudney Crrosby won the Playoff MVP Award....all of the NHL "insiders" know VERY WELL.......because Sidney brought his entire HIGH OCTANE OFFENSE NHL Club down to an even keeled NHS inspired and managed "EveryMan" focus and execution ............and when SIDNEY HIMSELF bought in 110% and LOWERED HIS OWN GAME IMPACTS CONSISTANTLY as his teammates also adjusted up and down to an "EveryMan" level and focus .....SIDNEY TOOK CONROL OF HIS TEAMS FATE....simply because he CONSISTANTLY DREW 2X COVERAGE even when he was playing in every way possible a PLUGGERS GAME FOR REAL....no broken-wing rope-a-dope playing possum stuff but a KISS SAFE GRINDER/PLUGGERS ROLE......lol......Sidney broke down EVERY Team the same way and used his Teammates OPTIMALLY because he TRUSTED THEM ND GAVE THEM MORE RESPONSIBILITY AND OPPORTUNITY than he could have without the NHS teaching and expeditiously maturing him.

The "Gimme the Whiteboard" goal in OT that Sidney quarterbacked was CALLED IN TO HIM ....via a fanpost right here on ATS done in real-time during the game by the creator of the NewAge Hockey System itself.....plausable deniability is running at 100% because there is NO WAY to prove Sidney DID or DID NOT have someone read relay the real-time online data reformatted by NHL mouths and minds tactical data directly to him.However the timeline will show the FanPost was put up before the goal was scored and it is a TACTICLLY IDENTICAL playaction.Just saying.

Tampa and Montreal both face an identical challenge.......retain and respect the most knowledgable pure NHS mind available on a Consulting and Team Building basis to catch up to the Kings-Hawks-Pens in terms of NHL cutting edge evolution.

The Philosophy and Sysems data which EVERY Stanley Cup Winning Teams since 2012 has used.....is free online on ATS...."Moma2s NewAge Hockey System".....lol.....the entire System was designed for the Oilers pre-2009 and Pat Quinn implemented it in on the Ice with the Oilers its innugural NHL run before he was skidded,and they SUPPRESSED THE NHS COMPLETELY leading to it being changed by its creator from an exclusively Oilers property to a PUBLIC NHL data source ANY Team can acess and use....which the Kings promptly did vie Stoll and Greenes PRE-TRADE familiarity with the online NHS data source and the Oiler denial of its existance resulting in 2012s Cup ...the Hawks in 2013 who were POUNDED BY GAGNER FOR 8 POINTS and finally noticed the Oilers NHS Player-Inspired but Coaching denied NHS focuses...Kings in 2014....Hawks in 2015 and most recently the Pens in 2016.

join