It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Have there been any LONG TERM studies conducted regarding the physical, emotional and mental health of women during the years after they aborted their child?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And how does that affect a person's right to autonomy?

That's akin to suggesting a study on any long term effects of losing a loved one to a gun-related death. Yet, heaven-forbid we even discuss gun control measures without frothing-at-the-mouth gun advocates screaming about the second amendment.

Autonomy is what it's about at the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

3 years/sample size 670 women = 95% do NOT regret their decision
Time Article

Ugh...I'm sorry, I just can't continue this search. Try googling any of this and you're immediately transported to a pro-'life' cesspool of BS. Other than the above I couldn't find a LEGITIMATE unbiased study or article on the first page or two of any of my searches. It was all 'you're 10 times more likely to get cancer if you have an abortion' 'women who have abortions are 20 times more likely to need psychological help later' or 'women who get abortions are more likely to abuse drugs' and all the websites are gospel this and right-to-life that.

Just like any other medical procedure, there may be issues physically or psychologically both short term and long term. But for the vast majority women are confident in their decision and physically back to normal following an abortion.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Here's the story of a late term abortion:
Article
This woman planned her pregnancy and was looking forward to having a baby, but the fetus was found to have severe brain abnormalities. So, for the sake of quality of life for the baby...and her own health she chose to have a late term abortion. Like if a beloved family member were on life support with no possibility of recovering, the humane thing would be to 'pull the plug'.

I'm a week and a half away from my due date right now. I'm in constant pain and discomfort. I had to go to the hospital a couple of nights ago with Braxton Hicks- with a 2 yo and 7 yo in tow at 11 pm. The doctor was a dick about having them there, but anyone that could watch them was over an hour drive away and I didn't want to bother them if it wasn't necessary. I'm having to pay $50 per week out of pocket for a chiropractor because my pelvis keeps popping out of place- thanks to a prior pregnancy related injury. WhyTF would I want to go through all this for a baby that's not going to survive past birth????

I guarantee that of women who make the decision based on health reasons- 100% do not regret the decision and physically they're much better off than carrying to term.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And another win for the good guys

Hitler thought he was a 'good guy' too.

Hitler banned abortions (for Aryan women) making violators subject to the death penalty in 1943.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Ban

Is that the same Scotus that says gun control is 'constitutional' ?

The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals found the law does not place an “undue burden” on women’s reproductive rights because the state has proved it has a compelling interest in regulating clinics to protect women’s health.

Interesting how that 'rationale' doesn't extend to firearms.

IF a abortion clinic is necessary to a woman's 'health'.

That means a firearm is NECESSARY to protect ones health.

I always DO love when the Scotus TRIES to have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What's so hard about being a responsible adult. I really don't get it. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to not get pregnant yet we have like 2 million abortions a year.

Condoms don't work 100% of the time. Hell, even BC pills have the occasional failure.

But don't let facts stop you from being judgmental.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
SCOTUS

Abortion isn't anyone else's business, except the one making that decision and her doctor.

You never seem to even consider, just for a split second, the right of the Father!

Not even a millisecond!

P

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

SCOTUS

Abortion isn't anyone else's business, except the one making that decision and her doctor.

Then i am sure that the ones getting a abortion will pay for it themselves as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

SCOTUS

Then i am sure that the ones getting a abortion will pay for it themselves as well.

Who else pays for it at this time?

I sure hope this move means All abortions become free by government.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

What's so hard about being a responsible adult. I really don't get it. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to not get pregnant yet we have like 2 million abortions a year.

Condoms don't work 100% of the time. Hell, even BC pills have the occasional failure.

But if they were used all the time and even both at the same time abortion rates sure would drop by about 90%.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

SCOTUS

Who else pays for it at this time?

I sure hope this move means All abortions become free by government.

Sure, let the tax payer pay for the abortion. Lets take away even more consequences and support lackluster behavior. It is not a secret that taking away consequences from people leads to lackluster irresponsible behavior. Smart thinking..

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Good news and good steps. The body of a woman is up to herself to decide what is right. There are far to many children who go neglected from parents who have made bad decisions.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

SCOTUS

You never seem to even consider, just for a split second, the right of the Father!

Not even a millisecond!

P

As I've stated before.

For eons women took full brunt of the blame and consequences for unplanned/unwanted pregnancy. Plus, any defects, wrong gender, and everything else that goes along with procreation, including not being able to get pregnant. The only thing man was responsible for was the sperm.

Women were told "It's your fault for picking the wrong man" - - - "Now, get out of my house, you've disgraced the family".

Today, if a woman doesn't consider the sperm donor - - - - it's his fault for not picking the right woman. In the majority of cases, the sperm donor still does not want to take responsibility. A small minority will.

There are single dads today, who did pick the right woman. Women that carried the fetus to term, then handed it over to the dad who wanted it.

Make your choices wisely.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

But if they were used all the time and even both at the same time abortion rates sure would drop by about 90%.

And abortion clinics would still be needed. So...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
considering that 12% of women reported health problems as a reason for their abortion, I doubt that we could eliminate the abortion rate by 90% by having everyone using birth control, especially since 51% were using contraceptives during the month they because pregnant.

www.abort73.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You know, I have a lot of animosity toward the "two party system" in the United States, but I will say this.

One of our basic rights in this country is the ability to gather together and associate as we see fit.

Obviously, particularly on the topic of abortion, there are many different opinions, and all of us think we are right.

We are long past time to pull ourselves back up and start cooperating with each other to get this country onto a more productive path. Because, it's going to take all of us, and it may already be too late

However

It's an American right to band together and work toward a goal. The Hyde Amendment is one of those self-perpetuating feel-good panaceas meant to act as a milk-sop for the anti-abortion crowd. The Hyde Amendment doesn't make any difference at all in the realities of abortion in this country, but what it does do and what is dangerous about it is to put the government in charge of determining what is supposedly "morally" right in terms of the healthcare someone seeks.

I know that some of you can't see beyond the stakes of screeching "STOP THE BABY KILLERS!" in your thinking, but, remember this ... every time you loosen the bricks and mortar of that wall between church and state in this country, you increase the likelihood that some day, someone with whose religion you also do not agree with is going to compel society to bend to their religious will ... because you supported crap legislation that is based on nothing more than rank superstition.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OH I'm so happy for all the future murderers good for you.

Karma is a bitch ladies.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Do you mean the same type of venom for women who've had miscarriages too? What about those who use birth control?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm not religious so no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join