It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Down the Origins & Creationism Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe this forum has outlived its currency, and I think ATS would be better off without it.

Hardly any new threads are started in the forum any more. On the rare occasions when one does appear, the same old suspects turn up, saying the same old things to each other. It’s a closed conversation, a kind of circular mutual-arousal ritual, ugly and unedifying to watch. It generates a lot of unpleasantness, probably needs lots of moderator attention, and goes nowhere.

The forum is dying on the vine. I hereby propose to the staff and members of Above Top Secret that it be closed down. I would like to hear what others feel about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I believe this forum has outlived its currency, and I think ATS would be better off without it.

Hardly any new threads are started in the forum any more. On the rare occasions when one does appear, the same old suspects turn up, saying the same old things to each other. It’s a closed conversation, a kind of circular mutual-arousal ritual, ugly and unedifying to watch. It generates a lot of unpleasantness, probably needs lots of moderator attention, and goes nowhere.

The forum is dying on the vine. I hereby propose to the staff and members of Above Top Secret that it be closed down. I would like to hear what others feel about it.

I am so tempted to say something but don't know what to say
It has good but mostly bad

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I say no, lets keep it open, just in case someone wishes to have a discussion about it, like what the WEBSITE IS FOR!

If it bothers you that much, why not just completely avoid it? Yeah, that should work for you, unless you are against other people discussing and believing things that are very unpopular to you personally? I think that might be it.

Why not just eliminate everything you don't like with a big book burning party somewhere?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How will I know dinosaurs are a hoax now?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Hold off a sec. I'm having a mid life thought proccess. Yuck I know. But i'm not a Godley like guy, and I hit an Extremophile road block. Also spellchecker has not caught up on this device.😊

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well it could move to the Grey area or members chit chat.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
How will I know dinosaurs are a hoax now?

Because Christians said so? 😁😁

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'd go with, "Um, no." Don't like what's there? Don't go there. Hell, that was easy.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm down with this option😊

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I say no, lets keep it open

When was the last time you participated in a discussion there?

If it bothers you that much, why not just completely avoid it?

As a matter of fact, I do. But it’s on my MyATS feed, and I note that it has been inactive for several weeks now. And activity on the forum has been sporadic, at best, for well over a year.

That should work for you, unless you are against other people discussing and believing things that are very unpopular to you personally? I think that might be it.

I have come to know you well over the years and this is precisely the quality of comment I have come to expect from you: personal, envious and loaded with a vicious implication. I put it down to flatulence.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I say no, lets keep it open

When was the last time you participated in a discussion there?

If it bothers you that much, why not just completely avoid it?

As a matter of fact, I do. But it’s on my MyATS feed, and I note that it has been inactive for several weeks now. And activity on the forum has been sporadic, at best, for well over a year.

That should work for you, unless you are against other people discussing and believing things that are very unpopular to you personally? I think that might be it.

I have come to know you well over the years and this is precisely the quality of comment I have come to expect from you: personal, envious and loaded with a vicious implication. I put it down to flatulence.

You are having your own personal war with all things "God" I know, it is so easy to spot that. And the last time I posted in that type of thread was a few weeks ago, not that this is going to matter to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't like what's there? Don't go there.

Another who appears to think this is a personal issue. You should know better, Intrepid.

When the forum was alive and kicking I was a very active participant. But after a while, I realized that most of the interesting people (on both sides of the argument) had left the premises, and all who were left were dogmatists and fight-pickers, or as you like to call them, trolls. They were saying the same things over and over again and they were saying them to the same people. This held out no interest for me, so I stopped visiting and participating.

All this happened some time ago. I dropped in for another look just before I started this thread, just to be sure nothing had changed. Nothing had. The forum is ossified.

Since server space costs money, I think ATS would be better off without this unpopular and redundant forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Dude. It's not just that forum. That's the internet today. Pathetic but true. I know. I log off for weeks at a time.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There's no way we should get rid of that forum. Its existence allows us to keep those pointless, circular conversations from polluting the rest of the site.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

NOPE.

It's a topic a lot of folks care passionately about.

It's OK to have it as a potentially active archive.

Besides, the oligarchy would love such things shut down.

I'd not like to side with THEM on such an important topic.

No Way.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
INDEED! Bears repeating with emphasis:

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I say no, lets keep it open, just in case someone wishes to have a discussion about it, like what the WEBSITE IS FOR!

If it bothers you that much, why not just completely avoid it? Yeah, that should work for you, unless you are against other people discussing and believing things that are very unpopular to you personally? I think that might be it.

Why not just eliminate everything you don't like with a big book burning party somewhere?

There's something quite disturbing, to me,

about an attitude, perspective that can't stand or tolerate perspectives significantly different from one's own--particularly about key, major life issues.

It smacks of the tyrannical . . . haughty, authoritarian, narrow, rigid, prissy, elitist.

I prefer to emphasize the opposite and support the opposite of such attitudes, perspectives, bents.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Consult purple Barney.

He likely has an opinion.

. . . being Christian and all.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
It smacks of the tyrannical . . . haughty, authoritarian, narrow, rigid, prissy, elitist.

But not condescending. Right?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'd go with, "Um, no." Don't like what's there? Don't go there. Hell, that was easy.

What is SOOOOOOO DIFFICULT about choosing and acting on that option?

[No fair saying I'm the psychologist, either]

One would think that some folks are FORCED kicking and screaming to open threads they know they will have a lot of prickly hostile feelings and attitudes toward . . . and sure enough, they do . . . as they spew, spew, spew . . .

and then blame the other side for their nastiness.

Sigh.

It's as though they think their manhood will shrink if they merely pass the thread by. Sheesh.

[Yes, I realize some in such a category are women but I think there are more men prone to such attitudes.]

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I've got 3 adult kids. I don't have to swing mine. Others? That's what I live for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join