It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with 'Arabic-looking beard' kicked off Alaska Airlines flight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Is this reality? What STRANGE world did I wake up into this morning? Is this the world you WANT to live in?

This, fellow ATS'ers is what profiling LOOKS like:

Mark French says he was on his way to see his sister when he was told he could not get on his flight.

He claims he was told another passenger complained that he looked 'Arabic and scary', which was enough of a reason to prevent him from boarding.

Apparently...he was standing waiting to board and told he could NOT:

He claims they told him he couldn't fly until he was clean shaven.

Later, Mark took a picture of the beard that allegedly prevented him from taking his flight to see his sister, which appears to be little more than stubble.

Really? So while we're debating to begin profiling people...put yourself in this man's shoes...

Nearly 100 people commented on Maria's posted about her brother, sharing her frustration that her sibling's visit had been reduced by two-and-a-half days due to the delay.

She also complained about how the airline handled the situation.

'They didn't apologize or offer anything. They just said to come back and try again tomorrow.

'He said he's going to shave before going back, but what else is he supposed to somehow look more white overnight?

'And that shouldn't be a prerequisite to fly!

'He doesn't have to do or say anything wrong, all it takes is one white person to say sharing a plane with a brown person makes them feel unsafe,' she wrote.

The Airline of course says it wasn't race related but won't say ANYTHING else...here is their statement:

'I can assure you that ethnicity did not play a part in this situation. I know that may not help because we won't share details publicly due to passenger privacy, but it's what I can share,' the airline wrote to one complainant.

Mark's wife also had something to say about this MESS:

'At no time was he ever questioned, detained, searched, or asked to clarify the complaint. At no time, was he breathalyzed, asked if he was intoxicated, or given the opportunity to explain,' she wrote.

The airline responded saying she should contact Mark directly. She replied: 'I live with him.'

But it's OK! The Airline encouraged him to come back the next day and try AGAIN!

According to NewsFix, Mark said he received a call from the airlines' customer support with an offer to let him re-book his return flight at the same price.

However, he said it doesn't make up for the humiliation of being targeted as a terrorist because he didn't shave, the site reported.

Link

And what does this man look like? He DID snap a photo before he submitted and shaved:

We NEED to have a frank discussion on profiling and this fear mongering over people with brown skin!!
edit on 22-6-2016 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels. Why didn't they offer to let the scared woman not fly? So has he now been added to the no-fly list, without any due process or ability to face his accuser in a court of law? He better pay attention to the current events in Congress now or more of his rights will be stripped over nothing more than suspicion.

Is this Salem, MA in the 17th Century? Have we not learned this is wrong over the past 400 years?

"He's a witch, BURN HIM!!! ". Get a flipping grip people, Fight the urge to succumb to the fear. THAT is what ISIS wants.

Just
and think folks.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, what the heck? So, just over a xenophobic complaint by a passenger crew reacted as such. Looking for additional info on this.

My husband(part native gets darker than him in the summer) and has more facial hair. Would we expect this reaction on Alaska Airlines? Good thing we don't fly now days but if had to they would be one to avoid- as the airline flies out of my local airport.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Good thing miners and prospectors don't fly! This is ridiculous happening in Alaska... I thought most of the people up North were mostly normal (a lot of crazies though). Makes me think about not going touring to AK any time soon.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ISIS has won, we are scared of our own people now. This has been the goal of ISIS all along, to make people so afraid they start questioning and turning against their own neighbors. How #ing sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Don't even start, because the leftists want to profile gun owners.

A terrorist just attacked a club in Florida. Are people afraid and nervous?

Yes.

Sorry it happened to an innocent guy, but don't start on the horrors of profiling while the democrats do a sit-in because they can't profile gun owners!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Tanned skin, brown eyes, brown hair = dirty lowlife muslim terrorist

Let the Trump profiling games begin....

Weeeeeeee !

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
An airline that will publicize their stupidity like this, is an airline I wouldn't want to fly with.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I bet the rest of the passengers were clapping and praising the woman for speaking up.

'Liberty freedom and equality..... for some.
'murka

I wonder what's next...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i think there was one other story similar to this, six or eight months ago. Think alot of brown skin dudes have flown problem free back then till now, so don't really think the sky is falling, let's all take a deep breath......

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I find this highly suspect. The airline said it was not due to ethnicity or appearance but will not say more.

I call bs on the ops reasoning however. But its a world where we have to believe anything in the affirmative towards this religion. So run Wild social media the sheep are bleating.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

And what does this man look like? He DID snap a photo before he submitted and shaved:

We NEED to have a frank discussion on profiling and this fear mongering over people with brown skin!!

God daaaamn... somebody actually complained about that? That guy can sit next to me any day.

Why is profiling still a problem? Seriously, it's 2016.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Not that it makes a difference, but he looks fairly dapper and clean to me. You couldn't call him scary.

The only option in this scenario should have been to tell the complainants that they themselves have the choice not to fly.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The alleged victim is the one making the claim with no evidence or verification.

I will wait for more facts and evidence.

In recent years there have been more false racial discrimination claims and hoaxes than real ones so I can not just take his word for it.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think there may be more to this story. If only one woman complained, why was she not just offered a different flight? That would have been the easiest thing to do. I feel bad for the man if this is really what happened.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I agree. I've been told to come back and try again by an airline, and I'm a beard free, milky white woman. Why? Because I flew...stand-by.

Could go either way, but my money is on stand by flyer upset about actuaily getting delayed by standby ticket.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
I think there may be more to this story. If only one woman complained, why was she not just offered a different flight? That would have been the easiest thing to do. I feel bad for the man if this is really what happened.

Yeah, she saw something and said something!

Where was that lady in 2001?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Agreed. We are always told if we see something, we should say something. However, it seems like people who do are made out to be a bad person. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Pure racism !

Remember that this is the year 2016 ! Utterly disgusting.

Someone was scared? And they decided all by themselves that its okey to mess with this guys life plan and delay him for 3 days because he looks Arabic. Cool stuff.

Also the passenger who was supposedly scared had the audacity to actually complain about his looks? This guy has toned skin please take him off the flight?

Imagine that the same thing happened about a white guy in a middle eastern airline. I think the whole world would have known about in 2 minutes and 3 documentary would have been written about it

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A one sided story with spin to boot? BS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join