It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianne Feinstein says Americans must prove their innocence if they’re on a watch list

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ducks are smart enough to try and get out of the barrel....

I'm pretty sure Feinsteins will just sit in there spouting off stupid things.....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Why are so many people acting like innocent until proven guilty and due process are just now being killed?

That happened with the creation of those lists.

You guys are terrible conspiracy nuts.

The difference is if we lived in the middle east they would be arming us instead of putting us on lists.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D, CA) says people can challenge if their name is on a Federal "Watch" List.

Is that the same Feinstein?

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat, and House Intelligence Committee Chairman, Mike Rogers, a Michigan Republican, have conditioned their support on strictly capping the number of man-portable air-defense systems, or Manpads, in circulation and on putting in place safeguards to ensure the weapons don't fall into terrorists' hands.

www.wsj.com...

So let me wrap me wee little brain around this.

Terrorists in the US bad. No fly,No buy. guns.

AFTER doing the above.

After all anyone trying to over throw their elected government is a TERRORIST.

And the Feinstein, and Company were the 'strawbuyers'.

They then turn around, and pull this BULL SNIP.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What's wrong with people today? Its "brightest spoon in the drawer"; its "sharpest knife in the drawer"; "brightest bulb in the box"; "brightest tool in the shed", (not spoon).

Dyslexic Wednesday?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why are so many people acting like innocent until proven guilty and due process are just now being killed?

Exactly. Some of the people who are complaining about this are the very same people who want to put all Muslims on these same types of lists. They have no problem declaring people like me "guilty until proven innocent". But they're only complaining now because it can possibly affect themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

NOt the same, this is just prove your innocence...***so you can own a gun***

Not prove your innocence so you can get out of jail

shouldn't be hard to do if you are innocent

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yes, they are all the same people, same people who think Obama wants to take their guns away, same people who want government to make health decisions of women, same people who feel their religion is threatened, same people who do not support equal rights...same people always feel like their rights are being trampled on...

idiocracy

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Vector99

NOt the same, this is just prove your innocence...***so you can own a gun***

Not prove your innocence so you can get out of jail

shouldn't be hard to do if you are innocent

Just prove your innocence so that you can own a gun?

I guess you are missing the fact that what you are saying is, therefore, that the Government has the right to take away your constitutional rights (the 2nd Amendment being one of them), until you can prove you are innocent of some undefined (and undisclosed) allegation against you.

This is a very dangerous notion indeed !

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I really don't believe that most ' liberals' and 'progressives' actually believe in what people like Feinstein,and Boxer, and Pelosi espouse. But the fact remains that they are very powerful women from the most populous state in the Union, and they have a lot of sway in our governing. That is something to beware of when dealing with these types of people. A liberal progressive vote is a vote for the policies of these authoritarians.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

NO, not really

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Exactly. Some of the people who are complaining about this are the very same people who want to put all Muslims on these same types of lists. They have no problem declaring people like me "guilty until proven innocent". But they're only complaining now because it can possibly affect themselves.

My thoughts exactly.

It's funny how people are considering this to be a "left," thing - yet when the "right," does it (Donald is for no-fly no-gun), there's hardly a peep of opposition and it is heavily defended.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

same people who think Obama wants to take their guns away,

I wonder WHY.

In fact, over the past three years, 39 states have passed at least 117 new pieces of legislation that make gun laws more strict, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a nonpartisan group that tracks legislation across the country.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Not counting.

The National FireArms Act of 1934,The Gun Control Act of 1968. The 'Assault Weapns Ban' in the 90s. The Brady Handgun Prevention Act of the same era that created the background check.

Operation Choke Pont, Feinsteins FAILED assault weapons BAN, and just Monday 4 FAILED pieces of TRASH.

And today a sit in.

They 'aren't'.

THEY AREN'T ?

The FACTS say otherwise.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

not for gun control in the slightest but came up with a idea so crazy it may just work (no idea if it would be legal)

but why not just make the "terrorist list" or "no flylist" public info for gun stores and give them the choice on weather or not they wanna sell the gun to the person in question i mean they do have the right to refuse service right?

set up an appeals process to get name off the list comparable to Corbin's bill that failed ,that way its not the government saying no but a private business?

dont know if it would work or be legal but who knows?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

IF you want purchase a gun and are on that list...then yes, you may be set back a couple days or weeks but it should not be that hard to prove your innocence.

Gov't money would have to be allotted to this program to make it smoother, quicker.

There needs to be a reason listed as to WHY they are on the list so it can be easier to prove they are not that person.

My ex BF was on the no fly list bc a terrorists had his same name...he never had the need to buy a gun, but he probably could easily prove he was not that terrorist if he wanted one.

THis is exactly what I was thinking should happen, its a great idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So you have no problem with me removing your right to the 2nd amendment?
-OK, I don't like what you have to say. I am removing your right to the 1st amendment until you prove that you have something worthwhile to say.

-AND I just removed your right to the 5th amendment so you might be locked up FOR A WHILE, before you get to do anything about it

- Hell let's remove 19 and shut Feinstein the hell up!

VERY slippery slope my friend. You pick one to remove...you can start removing them all

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'll play this game.

Since there is no statute of limitations on murder and by her own admission she was both armed and one of the first on the scene when Harvey Milk was murdered...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Yes, if it means it lessens the massacres

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah, welll, the corrupt bw*tch from Californicate probably thinks we should have to prove our rights to breathe air and take up space--particularly without paying her a percentage for the 'right' to do so.

What a treasonous piece of human garbage.

At least we know which end she was farting out of when she said that.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A couple of days? Your hilarious!!!

It took this 8 year old YEARS to get off the no-fly list!!!

8 year old on no fly list
edit on 6/22/2016 by Martin75 because: typo

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Martin75

Yes, if it means it lessens the massacres

But the people doing massacres can get guns illegally right?

Who stops that ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join