It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (real) disciple Jesus loved, Gospel of John

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Joecroft: When the uninitiated get hold of the sacred texts, they automatically decipher it literally and thus an incorrect religion is created…Yes I can feel your anger and your pain…

They will not understand them anyway as not ready to be interpreted as mish mosh unintelligible.

vhb:
Comparing and contrasting the 4 books of the new testament? They read identical but the insinuated power play each holds is different as is 'coded speak-a-fishish flibberdy jibber prose' for those that can decypher.

Joecroft: Surely you would agree that the so called “book of John”, has a lot more spiritual knowledge contained within it than the other 3…

No, Matthew is the one most important in translating the Parables (gnostic teachings).

Joecroft: Wait…you mean the Yoge books (aptly named) by William Walker Atkinson and the 21 lessons…? I haven’t got around to studying them yet…I’m still meditating on the Kabyalion… If you mean the secret doctrine, and other such similar sacred works; they’re kept by the Masons and other secret Mystery Schools. Those teachings are kept secret and only taught to those deemed ready to receive them…- JC

Never heard of him or his alter ego: Yogi Ramacharaka.
edit on 26-6-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
Surely you would agree that the so called “book of John”, has a lot more spiritual knowledge contained within it than the other 3…

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
No, Matthew is the one most important in translating the Parables (gnostic teachings).

Knowledge is in the eye of the beholder…

Good to see you still posting…

It’s time for me to kick the dust of my heels and move on from this thread, seeing as the OP is no longer around…

- JC

edit on 26-6-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

The OP has the "TILDE" moniker: meaning is BANNED; no idea why IT has an open thread it created and is responding to..unless is near parole release. Joe; what is your Brixet stance? are you for staying in the EU?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
The OP has the "TILDE" moniker: meaning is BANNED; no idea why IT has an open thread it created and is responding to..unless is near parole release. Joe; what is your Brixet stance? are you for staying in the EU?

What the Hell’s a Brixet lol

Britain should join America and become the 51st State!!! lol

- JC

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
originally posted by: Joecroft

vhb:

Joecroft: What the Hell’s a Brixet lol Britain should join America and become the 51st State!!! lol

Scotlandia wants to stay in the EU (rumored as such). Northern Ireland wants to become a new "potato state" (root) government rejoin the EU. The 51st state should be one not having citizens arrive by 'tunneling'. England 'proper' will govern itself as it has done for at least 10 centuries prior to modern times.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So far the evidence based on scripture and if you let scripture interpret scripture. His favorite disciple seemed to be male.

Kind of like how King Davids favorite friend was also a man named Jonathan IIRC.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Created
So far the evidence based on scripture and if you let scripture interpret scripture. His favorite disciple seemed to be male.
Kind of like how King Davids favorite friend was also a man named Jonathan IIRC.

I have always enjoyed pointed (in your face) 'scripture wars' between humans; its about time Scripture Itself animated (became Itself a living thing) and debated tenents without any human intervention *referee* in a non-physical world it carved out for itself. We could of course 'pay for view' the verbal bouts, tousles, abuse.
edit on 14-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Scripture Itself animated (became Itself a living thing) and debated tenents without any human intervention

The phrase, "And there was war in heaven" comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Scripture Itself animated (became Itself a living thing) and debated tenents without any human intervention

The phrase, "And there was war in heaven" comes to mind.

Which side to take as those sides might resemble the crystaline structure (sides) of a Garnet; so many to chose from metaphorically all sides equal.
edit on 14-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Which side to take

Now I think my mental picture does not accurately image the thought experiment.

Without the human wielding words as weapons the words themselves would not fight of their own volition. No fight, no show.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Which side to take

Now I think my mental picture does not accurately image the thought experiment.
Without the human wielding words as weapons the words themselves would not fight of their own volition. No fight, no show.

So became dusty books parked on a bookshelf in an unused Library; completely forgotten in the world of no mans land.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join