It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is forced to be accepting of gays & transgenders.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So I'm aware that I am going to receive A LOT of hate for this thread but i feel that there are others that will agree with me on this subject.

We are basically forced to be 'ok' with the idea of gay marriage, transgender people and anyone who we don't consider 'normal'.

Let me say straight up - I DON'T GIVE A # WHAT YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR 'GENDER' IS!!!! I don't care if you're heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual or whatever..

What really grinds my gears is that we are hounded if we do not support them..

Does anyone else agree that its complete and utter bull# that we are put down if we don't support all of the above? Am i the only one that feels pressured into supporting these people?

Opinions?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hmm I would say that yes there is something fishy going on with the whole thing that reeks of social engineering aimed at destabilizing the fabric of a given society and imprinting new beliefs and norms.

That being said is that you in the photo and are you single?

I am free and available ladies of ATS

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: celinem Sorry you feel this way. Maybe hang with folks that aren't pressuring you to support something that your not passionate about... you could find a cause that you do support and be around like minded people that aren't pressuring you.
If the LGBQT community doesn't bother you, there is no reason to get riled up about it.
I haven't felt any pressure from the LGBQT community personally... my gay and lesbian friends don't try to change me or pressure me into giving to certain charities or attend any functions... but I support their happiness and well being.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: celinem
So I'm aware that I am going to receive A LOT of hate for this thread but i feel that there are others that will agree with me on this subject.

We are basically forced to be 'ok' with the idea of gay marriage, transgender people and anyone who we don't consider 'normal'.

Let me say straight up - I DON'T GIVE A # WHAT YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR 'GENDER' IS!!!! I don't care if you're heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual or whatever..

What really grinds my gears is that we are hounded if we do not support them..

Does anyone else agree that its complete and utter bull# that we are put down if we don't support all of the above? Am i the only one that feels pressured into supporting these people?

Opinions?

Because they are human beings just like you. So why would you not support them. And until they have the same rights as you and I and are not shot en mass in clubs, or beaten up just for being LGBT, then the pressure will remain for everyone to support them and accept them. Very simple.

Plus..."hounded"? Typical overly dramatic rhetoric from people like you. Do you have to run home because LGBT people are chasing you asking for acceptance? No? Well LGBT people have to run away from people who hound THEM just being born that way.

So, suck it up, stop whining and help your fellow man.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
And posting a rant about this but then saying you dont care if people are blah blah blah is the equivalent of seayiong

"im not racist but..."

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
okay, lets get one thing straight here.. My good friend of nearly 10 years is a lesbian and it's not an issue for me.
My problem is all of the hate people receive when they do not agree on the matter. I understand that everyone should be accepted no matter what but I don't appreciate that 'community' bashing others who have a different opinion about the matter. Savvy? a reply to: 3danimator2014

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: celinem

Identity politics is bull# and it's killing us all, an example of this is how we can't decide wether this was an attack by a homosexual man or an Islamist, the list goes on and on, but you do have some validity, it's just that our support should simply be on a human level and it should end at the point anyone violates human rights. Otherwise I just want to live in my mountain home and be left alone by society.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Dear god, gay or TG, if I were one, you'd turn me.

ahha.. I'm a trans-abnormal bloke parading as a normal bloke, so you have to accept me for who I am !!!

Oo

lol j/k

no, and in all honesty, I do agree with you. accepting things because we are forced to, is only going to lead us down the slippery slope on avoidance. I prefer to accept people on their character, not who they portray themselves to be. if someone is gay, I don't need to know. If someone is tg, and they are a good person, it won't bother me.

being told I am a bad person for either, or.. well.. that's the start if an issue... really..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For a guy who looks like Eddie Munster you sure make alot of sense Tex. I like your attitude on the subject at hand here.
edit on 21-6-2016 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
First of all, thank you for not taking this thread the wrong way!!

The pressure society is under to be accepting is almost as bad as the hate the LGBQT community receives.

That is me but i don't think ats is the place to be picking up ladies!! haha

a reply to: stabstab

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

okay, lets get one thing straight here.. My good friend of nearly 10 years is a lesbian and it's not an issue for me.
My problem is all of the hate people receive when they do not agree on the matter. I understand that everyone should be accepted no matter what but I don't appreciate that 'community' bashing others who have a different opinion about the matter. Savvy? a reply to: 3danimator2014

And there it is...."my best fiend is black/gay/muslim etc...."

I doubt very much your best friend of 10 years is gay, otherwise you would not have posted this ridiculous rant.
And why should people who dont accept others be treated with kid gloves? Accepting ones fellow human no matter what their gender should come natural to everyone. Sadly, it doesn't, hence the need for them to fight to get their rights.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
And posting a rant about this but then saying you dont care if people are blah blah blah is the equivalent of seayiong

"im not racist but..."

Absolute nonsense. This issue is all around us, almost every day these days.

So what, those of us who actually think it makes no difference unless YOU make it make a difference, have to shut up?

So tolerance is a one way street?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I doubt very much your best friend of 10 years is gay, otherwise you would not have posted this ridiculous rant.
And why should people who dont accept others be treated with kid gloves? Accepting ones fellow human no matter what their gender should come natural to everyone. Sadly, it doesn't, hence the need for them to fight to get their rights.

I see you are well versed in the ways of the contrarian.

It's ok to force something down someones throat *metaphorically*, but when someone says anything against it, out comes the "So you're not, but then you are" twaddle..

I like your posts in general.. well thought out. I guess there is a reason this is a strong topic for you..

+10 more 
link   
celinem

To better comprehend your apparent dilemma, could you give an example of an instance in which you were personally "hounded" to be accepting of the sexual orientation of members of the LGTB persuasion?

I agree with 3danimator, "I'm not homophobic but..." is the first thing that comes to my mind. Please don't take that the wrong way, I couldn't care any less if you were (sure I would harbor some serious opinions but...) it's really none of my business and it is a mindset that is slowly dying a pathetic death, finally.

link   

So I guess thats a no go on the single thing? I am straight and everything but alas ATS has no love connection for me you are right.

link   

Dude, I got a #en triangle for a hairline, some people dig it some people don't, but it doesn't make my opinions any less valid. Yes, I get it, when you have geometrical shapes on your head people don't take you as seriously, but check this out, women seem to like it
I'm glad I could throw some wisdom out there for ya.

+14 more 
link   

First of all, thank you for not taking this thread the wrong way!!

The pressure society is under to be accepting is almost as bad as the hate the LGBQT community receives.

yes..you frequently see videos of people not accepting LGBT being pushed off buildings by ISIS, or beaten up in Russia by thugs or mown to pieces in nightclubs in Orlando, or being beaten in the streets in the UK or being told they will burn in hell by pastors. Poor you

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
For a guy who looks like Eddie Munster you sure make alot of sense Tex. I like your attitude on the subject at hand here.

You have no face. Oo

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Dude, I got a #en triangle for a hairline, some people dig it some people don't, but it doesn't make my opinions any less valid. Yes, I get it, when you have geometrical shapes on your head people don't take you as seriously, but check this out, women seem to like it
I'm glad I could throw some wisdom out there for ya.

I have obtuse shapes on my head. shave it, I have a bare ducks arse.

:/ going bald don't help much either. I may as well just become uncle fester.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

I see you are well versed in the ways of the contrarian.

It's ok to force something down someones throat *metaphorically*, but when someone says anything against it, out comes the "So you're not, but then you are" twaddle..

I like your posts in general.. well thought out. I guess there is a reason this is a strong topic for you..

My brother is gay, yes. And i have have many gay friends inherited from my wifes circle of friends.

unfortunately, yes, LGBT requires some forcing down peoples throats. I would prefer it if it didnt, but there is so much non acceptace of them, that it is required i feel. I know that everyone i know would love there to be a day when Gay Pride is no longer needed

Plus, i'm sorry, but what Celine said is so stereotypical. "My best friend is black/gay"..."Im not a racist/homophobe, BUT..."

Come on...
edit on 21-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join