It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A few important questions are floating around my mind. Maybe ATS can help me find the answers to these mysteries...

1) What purpose do farts serve (if any) in the evolution/survival as humans? (I was thinking perhaps a repellent to aid survival).

2) Why do we at least endure, at most enjoy our own farts?

3) In relation to the above... What is it in our brains which, when we believe a fart is one of our own it is endured/savoured but when it turns out to be someone else's we are disgusted?

4) Why is a fart ALWAYS funny?

(Yes, toilet humour is low, but right now I need some fun).

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Had to open this thread cos of the title. Gotta love a good fart.

Expelling gas, imagine if we didn't fart we would float off to space.

Detoxing ......

Loud and proud or silent but violent.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mans greatest minds have been unable to answere these questions so you will not find them on ATS

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My farts don't stink but you may want to check this out.....www.thefartfacts.com/

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: georgeglass

Mine are always fragrant. Shame everyone else seems to disagree.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I think farts remind us from which end we should be speaking.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Not even sure how to reply. Take care.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Farts aren’t always funny, Trump is a good example of that.

en.wiktionary.org...

I always did wonder, actually... if we can fart in space, how loud would it be and would it smell different?

edit on 1MondayMondayAmerica/Chicago2pmMonday1pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
1) What purpose do farts serve (if any) in the evolution/survival as humans? (I was thinking perhaps a repellent to aid survival). Mating rituals. If you can find a woman that can tolerate what comes blasting out of your butt bugle, she's a keeper. If she savors a dutch oven, throw her back....she's insane (or has no sense of smell, neither of which are good).

2) Why do we at least endure, at most enjoy our own farts? We spend an awful lot of money and energy on food. Why not savor every last morsel?

3) In relation to the above... What is it in our brains which, when we believe a fart is one of our own it is endured/savoured but when it turns out to be someone else's we are disgusted? see the above point. You wouldn't want to chew on food someone's already masticated, right? Same logic with farts. How can you savor someone elses last morsel?

4) Why is a fart ALWAYS funny? They aren't. They are only funny when its my farts. If its someone elses, its gross.

Im something of an expert in this field.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Louis CK says that if you don't laugh at a fart, your disrespecting God.
I agree.
He says, why would we pass stinky gas out of our butts, through the two biggest pieces of ham on our body, to have it make different funny sounds, if God didn't mean for it to be funny?
I'm paraphrasing, but you guys get it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Inciteful post from an obvious methane veteran. Wise words.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My grandson told me he "sharted". I didn't know what that meant until I had to wash his underwear.

Now, I understand.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

You ever been to Thailand? For a Westerner a fart is rarer than a shart over there.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Fart Wars

So now in history and forever more,
This will be known as The Fart Wars.

Right from the start I knew it was you,
Figured it out after a minute or two.
Standing behind you, the quick rush of wind,
You averted your eyes, but kept your grin.

The immediate area started to clear,
The location directly behind your rear.
And though the others all chose to leave,
It was my duty to stop you I did believe.

I turned and let one go gracefully,
You sniffed and went down to your knees,
I walked closer, slowly, cautiously,
Keeping my eyes upon my enemy.

You stood up, I quickly let one go,
Your eyes rolled back, you fell real slow,
to the ground, out cold, I win again.
I am the Fart War champion!!

Thanks for giving me a place to expel this gem of a poem.. I've been waiting for the opportunity!!

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 20-6-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Finally!

A topic with meat!
Something I can sink my teeth into!

Oh, and thanks a lot, Obama!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"The Body Speaks When the Mind Knows the Moment is too Profound For Words"
~ Buddha

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

1) What purpose do farts serve (if any) in the evolution/survival as humans? (I was thinking perhaps a repellent to aid survival). Mating rituals. If you can find a woman that can tolerate what comes blasting out of your butt bugle, she's a keeper. If she savors a dutch oven, throw her back....she's insane (or has no sense of smell, neither of which are good).

2) Why do we at least endure, at most enjoy our own farts? We spend an awful lot of money and energy on food. Why not savor every last morsel?

3) In relation to the above... What is it in our brains which, when we believe a fart is one of our own it is endured/savoured but when it turns out to be someone else's we are disgusted? see the above point. You wouldn't want to chew on food someone's already masticated, right? Same logic with farts. How can you savor someone elses last morsel?

4) Why is a fart ALWAYS funny? They aren't. They are only funny when its my farts. If its someone elses, its gross.

Im something of an expert in this field.

Of course, the thread title begged me to click. When you live in a house with three grown men, and three boys...lots of ducks fly through the air on a daily basis.
I have to admit, my sense of humor is quite sour, except when it comes to flatulence. A childhood remnant I call it, because it has always made me giggle like crazy. My husband loves this trait about me (obviously), as his favorite past time is to save it all up, till we are both snuggled up in bed, and then I hear.. " Uh, oh! somethin' bad's about to happen!" Immediately this is my cue to cover my face and await the inevitable. Then he proceeds with some witty sarcastic comment after the fact like " Didn't smell like that when I ate it!" or " Save me, SAVE ME BABE!" and I'm just reduced to hysterical laughter...every damn time. The worse it is...the more I laugh. I have told him many times that he passes NOS (laughing gas)...because that is the affect it has on me.
As for serving a purpose,well...if a friend (or spouse) asks you for a courtesy sniff...do you, or don't you? Can test the true level of a relationship with just one can of beans.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
"The Body Speaks When the Mind Knows the Moment is too Profound For Words"
~ Buddha

Excellent quote. There's just something hilarious about hearing one during a moment of silence or even better, when a bunch of monks are quietly meditating in a temple designed to amplify sound.

They've gotta laugh when it happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I read something the other day about smelling your own farts helps fight dementia. I will be as smart as a tack into my 80s if that's the case.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This post stinks...oops that might of been me.
Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join