It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three dead, 45 injured as labor union clashes with police in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

A violent clash between members of a dissident teachers' union and police in southern Mexico on Sunday has left three dead and 45 injured, as law enforcement attempts to dislodge the protesters from blocking a local highway.

Emergency services officials in Oaxaca state confirmed the deaths and number of wounded, although it was not clear what sparked the violence. Mexico's National Security Commission, or CNS, reported that 21 federal and state police were among the wounded.

Three dead, 45 injured as labor union clashes with police in Mexico

Not a good day in Mexico. Prayers going out to all of those affected, but I hope this doesn't lead to another wave of "refugees".

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
no one is really going to care buddy, if it's not Europe or U.S.A and other major countries it will not matter. Man that's having a heart to protest a reply to: Bone75

edit on 20-6-2016 by FredWreck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredWreck
no one is really going to care buddy

Yeah I noticed. Government employee opens fire on protesters in Syria... let's get that evil dictator of theirs.

Same thing happens in Mexico... crickets chirp.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am so sorry for the loss of lives, the injured. Our planet is so out of control, the people are in a last frenzy like sharks, this just compounds more trouble heaped up on top of more trouble.

I love this planet, I love all people but it is to the point where it makes me feel desensitized by the worlds atrocities...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Seems like unrest always begins in Oaxaca these last few decades.The Mixtecs and Zapotecs have been very unhappy for a long time.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: antar I Couldn't agree anymore, it's gotten to the point where it has to be something massive to unite the people of the world. A couple of deaths won't cut it anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
Wave of refugees ?, where the hell you get that from ?, it's a power struggle union/thugs vs. gov

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

here let me fix that for you,
union/thugs vs. gov thugs.
ETA:
it's been shown time and time again that the Mexican government has just as many thugs as the Unions and gangs

edit on 20-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh good, I hope Mexicans get organized demand higher wages it will work out for all of us.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Wave of refugees ?, where the hell you get that from ?, it's a power struggle union/thugs vs. gov

No, no, no. Mexico needs to unionize and build a middle class and demand higher wages to make the American labor force more competitive.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
So the 'unions' need to demand more money from the government? the CNTE is a gov teachers union that wants more money/power but there is no more money in Mexico, but you know that don't you ? so you watch the news from Mexico ? do you know what they did to a group of teachers (ladies in their 60s) that wanted to take care of the kids ?
Oh and one more thing, when the say 3 dead in the news it's normally 10 times more....

edit on 20-6-2016 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

n a late-night press conference, Oaxaca state Gov. Gabino Cue, accompanied by Federal Police chief Enrique Galindo, raised the death toll from the clashes in Nochixtlan to six. They said 53 civilians, 41 federal police agents and 14 state police agents were injured.

Cue said that all the dead were civilians, with two having ties to the CNTE union. A state official had previously said a state police officer was killed but it turned out the person was a civilian.

ABCNews

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

union/thugs vs. gov

union thugs huh? I guess you think you are the only one that deserves a decent pay? or maybe you don't have decent pay and are jealous.

enjoy your weekends? did you earn them? no. the unions did... no weekends off, enjoy the OT pay... thank the unions.

If you think our pay and benefits are to high, maybe you should stop fighting to lower ours and fight to raise yours...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 21st 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I care, though. I know many people from Mexico. I care a lot.

new topics

top topics

join