It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunkenly Mow Your Lawn Around Midnight? Why Not!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I live in a pretty quiet town. Right now I'm laying in bed, reading a book. Outside the window, I can hear the not too distant hum and whir of someone (presumably drunkenly) mowing their lawn.

The drunken lawn mowers wife seems to be yelling, "Get inside!", and one of the neighbours is yelling (presumably drunkenly),"Hey man, let's race!"

Other neighbours must be mad, because I saw a police car go up that way, but me, I love when weird pointless stuff like this happens. Everyone should mow the lawn when the mood strikes them.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I wouldn't complain too much, the fresh smell of grass murder and the sound of a lawnmower is a better sleep aid than ZzQuil. The wife should just let him go to help people to sleep, she's the one now creating a disturbance. I'd be over the next morning thanking them for the great night of sleep they helped me get into, over a few. But then I currently live on a street that they should just put up the drag strip Christmas tree and the big old signs that show your speed, reaction time, and elapsed time.

Only thing better for sleep is 3 22 oz glasses from the oldest brewery in country.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That's why riding mowers have headlights.

Still haven't figured out why mine has a horn, though.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This time of year it's light enough. It's only 9:00 where I am right now, but I've noticed at midnight it's still light....but the nighttime (dusk) mosquitos must be murder......

If we weren't meant to mow at night, why do they put headlights on lawn tractors?🤔

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The horn's to warn the frogs to move......they eat the mosquitos- don't hit any

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Badass mower outlaws are becoming a problem globally, something needs to be done about it. I reckon we should ban grass.

I know its a tough measure but you can just paint the concrete green. That'l fix those crazy MF's

If we don't then next thing you know they'll be dropping in turbos, boost and superchargers, shutting down the streets and posting their illegal shenanigans on YouTube.

#streetoutlaws/mowerdivision.

This is what we're up against folks......

edit on 18-6-2016 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The horn is for beeping at other drivers on the way to the beer store..

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well everyone,

I think the horn is for telling your wife to '#^*+ off', and the headlights are for blinding the police before you pull a scene out of Stephen King's "Misery".

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
That's why riding mowers have headlights.

Still haven't figured out why mine has a horn, though.

Ummmmmm traffic?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
squirrels

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli

The horn is for beeping at other drivers on the way to the beer store..

You win the prize.....too drunk to drive their cars...thought I saw that on the news once...or more!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

George Jones certainly did it when he lost his license because of a DUI. Couldn't drive a car and thought he could drive the mower to go get more alcohol. Cops caught him and charged him with another DUI.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I know this isn't a video of night time mowing but seems appropriate here.
From Steve Jessup's DUI Lawnmower Guy channel on Utube

"I Know My Right's!"
I can see some/all of these being staged, with complete cooperation from local LEO's. Still funny anyways.
Many more videos of him doing crazy drunken stuff(unless it is staged, then just stupid stuff). One of the better ones is him getting "pulled over"(?) on a scissor lift.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

This sounds like where I live.

I've been known to mow after dark. Although it was 5am, when it was actually cooler.

I don't recommend mowing drunk. That blade will remove anything it touches.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think that a drunk 'create a crop-circle competition' could be a big hit with most married men and their beloved mowers, it is a known fact that mowermen are most creative when the wife is away and reputations are at stake.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It reminds me, many years ago I was unable to sleep so I decided to go and change the oil in my car.
It is a far less noisy process though.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I watched my neighbor rip out the grass with his hands at 3 in the morning lol I think he was on drugs crazy thing was I stood there and watched him all night just shaking my head lol a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If you have a big lawn and the mercury is reaching 100+ ... I wouldn't blame anyone for deciding to either mow very late after the sun goes down or getting up early before sunrise to do it.

In fact, my dad is mowing today and I told him to do that very thing. He says his mower's lights don't work, and I told him to just lash a couple flashlights on the front with duct tape and go with it -- and take pics! Of course, dad has a pacemaker and doesn't exactly regulate his internal temp as well as he used to.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
It reminds me, many years ago I was unable to sleep so I decided to go and change the oil in my car.
It is a far less noisy process though.

My cousin's wife was 9 months pregnant and hit her nesting instinct. She went out and mowed at 4am about a week before their first baby was due! He woke up and heard the mower, realized what it was, shrugged and went back to sleep.
edit on 19-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

I wouldn't complain too much, the fresh smell of grass murder

Lost it, freaking early morning grass murderers!

<<   2 >>

join