It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir A320 Wreckage found in Mediterranean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Egyptian investigators have located the EgyptAir A320 that went missing last month , they say they've identified several locations with wreckage.

A statement said "several main locations of the wreckage" had been identified. There were 66 people on board the Airbus A320 when it crashed on 19 May while flying from Paris to Cairo. It vanished from Greek and Egyptian radar screens, apparently without having sent a distress call. The Egyptian investigation committee said that investigators on board a search vessel in the area would now draw up a map of the wreckage distribution spots
www.bbc.co.uk...

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the families left in limbo waiting for news , perhaps now we will discover what really happened to the EgyptAir flight.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Several locations??! Perhaps it was bombed.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Several locations??! Perhaps it was bombed.

Planes break up sometimes while dropping from 7 miles up. Stress problems in the airframe. Plus sea currents can carry off different materials and deposit them in different location based on shape, weight and size.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I wonder how far the three wreckage sites are apart, and what they consist of, although it does say, "three main areas".
The toilet sensors going off , are they just smoke detectors? you wouldn't think so, though they might activate within certain identifialble parameters, until something else came on line.
edit on 15-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can track my pizza on a mobile phone yet they cant find a plane for weeks something is very wrong here

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I can track my pizza on a mobile phone yet they cant find a plane for weeks something is very wrong here

Is your pizza 10,000' under water?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Black boxes should jettison upon impact and float- you'd think for $60 million dollars they could engineer something along those lines

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

'Jettison on impact'? How is something going to jettison when it impacts the water at 600mph?

Maybe you can devise a device, patent it and sell it to Boeing and Airbus.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Airbus already have a patent for such a device

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The ejectable flight recorder has been patented since 1964 but there are no commercial versions and it has never been tested.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The latest one patented was from 2011 here

Randomly found the Aircraft anti-terrorism security system patent too while looking for the Airbus patent, yes somebody actually patented THAT as an idea lol

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

As of the end of 2015 it had not been tested from what I can find.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You'd think it would be prudent to actually do some testing with the amount of planes going off the radar in the past few years, I don't think it's cheap either sending out all those search & rescues looking for wreckage when a simple homing beacon could be deployed

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Probably this:

However these proposals have not been implemented because they have certain drawbacks. For example, the proposal for the ejection of the black box prior to the crash using ejection mechanisms using explosive means raises security concerns.

From the patent you listed.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So they're worried terrorists are going to rip the plane apart from the inside out in order to get to the explosives ? Just to save them smuggling their own explosives aboard....

Why does security always seem to override common sense ?

I mean it's not like the plane is fueled (why does my spellchecker say this is wrong) with a combustible liquid and electronics now is it ?

Just wrap it in bacon and the problem is solved
edit on 15/6/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Maybe they mean the explosive bolts could malfunction as well. They really do not got into detail.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: khnum

'Jettison on impact'? How is something going to jettison when it impacts the water at 600mph?

Maybe you can devise a device, patent it and sell it to Boeing and Airbus.

It doesn't need to be on impact, just virtual impact, I used to have a much loved eight track stereo in my car many moons ago...push the eject button, and it became a missile

Of course that's all passe now, the digital age demands the hard wiring for system protection from outside.

Thing is, the first base is location at the near point of entering the water, that obviously is in the twilight zone for MH370 and this aircraft, both as near modern as you get....so there is a problem, like it or not.

I would suggest a low tech analogue device that simply monitors some important flight parameters independently, and knows when to get to feck out of there, all on it's onlyown.
Expert David Learmount's remarks about MH370 were something of a watershed about all this,

He said a while back, the search for MH370 is in Stasis, we shall probably never know what happened to that aircraft..however, he also said that it is his firm conviction that it was a pilot suicide, though that will never be proven! WTF?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The one we are discussing ejects prior to impact but there are concerns about its function.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The one we are discussing ejects prior to impact but there are concerns about its function.

Yes, but I'm not talking about thee black box.

edit on 15-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I guess I am not following.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join