It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Survivor Describes Shotguns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I daren’t concern myself too much with this, what with all the commotion going on at the time and of course being severely injured, he may not have been in such a great position to accurately recall the situation as it unfolded.

Several times though, including references to SWAT, he mentions shotguns. I could imagine the police using them, possibly even an automatic type in that kind of scenario, but pretty much every mentioning of the shooter’s weapon relates to a semi-automatic rifle. Surely there would be a huge different between the sounds.

Maybe this guy is just erring and knows very little about guns, or maybe there were indeed shotguns?

edit on 1TuesdayTuesdayAmerica/Chicago5pmTuesday2pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

I think that's obviously an anxiety error or a language error.

He obviously meant

GUNSHOTS.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

If a US congressman can say that an AR15 fires 700 rounds per minute, I can see where a victim of a terrorist attack might not accurately describe what he was trying to avoid?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If he said it once I might agree with the “gunshot” idea, but several times maybe not - he seemingly meant “shotgun” each time. Anxiety, well he is clearly upset so I would sooner assume it is mere error rather than anything to think about too much. Interesting, though.

a reply to: JacKatMtn

True. Did somebody seriously say that? What kind of standard issue does he get??
edit on 1TuesdayTuesdayAmerica/Chicago5pmTuesday2pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wait a second here... Gay nightclub... Is that his real name or a stage name? The crime was disgusting, obscene and heinous, it was the actions of a coward. But that name, are they messing with us? It's like something out of Austin powers, like Ivana Humpalot? I just find it really odd.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

you can't make this up...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just putting a thought out here . There are belt fed 12gauge shotguns called "street sweepers" . Heavily used in Vietnam. They work in the same approximate ways as a 30 or 50 cal HMG.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hello?

That's a poor assumption.

1. He's still quite injured.
2. He's still quite emotional about the whole thing.
3. He's in a press conference--probably a very tense, high anxiety situation he's never been in before.

It is ENTIRELY PROBABLE that he'd make that error and get hung-up on it repeating it the whole time. He likely did not understand his error or realize he was doing it until someone corrected him after the event was over.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I didn’t even notice that. Either that is some seriously messed up prank or it is actually his name, and if he’s gay (which presumably he is, without meaning to jump to conclusions), then he could have just changed his name to something relevant to being gay. That is very odd, though.

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Oops, I think I got the AR15 confused with a full automatic rifle (LR-300 I think), which would maybe do about half of that speed. So I understand what you’re saying now... you don’t dance through that kind of bullet spray. Still... surely there’s a huge difference between a clip being unloaded and a single shot. But then... maybe the guy was actually using single-fire mode which could explain why he thought it was a shotgun at the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

AR15 is a single fire mode only.....

(unless illegally modified)

the 700 per minute is for the M16 military assault version, on full auto, and you would have to be very swift to drop and pop mags to even approach that number of rounds per minute, even with full auto...

So... it's a scare tactic IMO, brought forth by a Congressman who knows nothing about the weapon...

edit on Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:43:32 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: clarify

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Unable to watch the video now, but did he say he "saw" shotguns, or he heard what he thought sounded like a shotgun? If the former, it makes sense SWAT and police would have some, as it's pretty common; if he is purely going on sound alone, perhaps he is confusing flashbangs. Nevertheless, due to the confusion (and knowing nothing about this person), I can see where people would be mistaken, or remember incorrectly.

If you modify it to full auto it can shoot that many rounds that quickly.

Admittedly, I know little about the mechanics of the AR-15, but I have seen a semi-auto SKS VERY easily converted.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Does the man know much about firearms? I have known people who referred to all long guns as shot guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Who knows if it was modified, and heck who knows how well-trained he was with a semi? Either way, since it is generally single-fire only then it could help to explain this shotgun theory. Also, maybe the Congressman was trying to cover the fire from SWAT? Several videos clearly show that a fair number of clips were unloaded in quite a short space of time when tactical moved in. So if this guy was going about hitting people with single shots, possibly using a handgun at the same time, then it seems a bit much for 9 (?) SWAT members to completely empty their guns on him. Forensics would know anyway how fast the guy was shooting, even if it would be classified information.

a reply to: Liquesence

“Heard”. I guess few people could really see much given it was a nightclub. Depends on the venue I guess, who knows how dark it was in there. He did, however, mention a shotgun while people in the club were being shot, meaning before SWAT turned up, and again afterwards while referring to the police.

Also... why is it that he said he got shot in the hand (by a shotgun), even though it’s not even bandaged?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Who knows how many folks were killed after the failed breach, after the couple of hours of trying to negotiate with the shooter?

Who knows if any of the victims perished in the second succesful breach by LEO?

Who knows?

But a Congressman claiming a 700 round per minute cyclical rate for an AR15 is total BS....

That we do know...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You got any translation for what that guy says to begin with? All I got was “fweewerwooweewer”.

So is he just talking crap or maybe even trying to trick people into buying that gun because they will see it as a bargain given it’s supposed fire-rate? Scare tactics as well, but either way his statements appears nefarious.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The congressman's mention of the 700 rounds per minute, is only a political move to try and get support to move on the 2nd amendment...

Politics using tragedy to erode civil rights...

What once was the Patriot Act, (2 year renewal), is now the USA Freedom Act... with no timetable...

The citizens cannot react on emotion and let our elected erode more and more of our liberty...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The odd thing is, I reckon that if England were a gun-zone like the US, I’d have been shot dead a long time ago. That’s no joke, so for me I look at the situation from a completely different angle. For America, it must be difficult because owning a gun is so integrated within the culture (not exactly gun culture, but just simply owning one and knowing it’s there in a case on the wall if ever needed). I guess it goes back to the early colonial days when the constitution didn’t even exist. I think we already saw in Oregon what it could be like if the authorities went about enforcing a ban on guns - people would just stock up and hold up. If the law ever does change then it could take a hundred years to fully implement while society gets used to not having them - there is no way they could just go house-to-house removing weapons. Okay, so carrying would be different to storing, but it would still take a very long time for it to be effective. If they just ban guns overnight then suddenly there would be a lot of people dying across all the states.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It kind of reminds me of the latest captain America movie. At the beginning when the terrorists are attacking the building, and you can hear fully automatic rifles shooting, captain America says on his radio "they have ar15s"... i know it's Hollywood, but that's the kind of nonsense a lot of people believe, nonsense and lies portrayed as truth, and you can see this sort of propaganda everywhere...
edit on 14-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What Company makes this belt fed street sweeper shotgun? I am fairly familiar with guns, and I haven't seen, or heard of that one, I would like to see a belt fed shotgun beyond the trial stages.a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chopperswolf
They are military weapons only. They are illegal for use by civilians. There are pictures of the new style drum fed , but I cannot locate one of the originals . If I do , I will post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join