It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Mass Shooting Orlando Night Club. Possible Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is breaking now. Details to follow shortly.

RT - Reports of mass shooting in Orlando night club, hostage situation, gunman possibly 'wearing a bomb'

A mass shooting has been reported in a the night club in Orlando, Florida, where an unidentified gunman barricaded himself and hostages inside the club and allegedly shot at least 20 people, reports on social media claim. The incident reportedly took place at Pulse night club. Twitter users said they heard multiple gunshots in the area. According to a reporter from the Orlando News, the shooter is wearing a bomb. Pulse night club wrote on Facebook: "everyone get out of Pulse and keep running."

It appears that this is an LGBT nightclub:

Mass shooting at popular Gay nightclub in Orlando: Favorite among LGBT visitors

This is ongoing at Pulse, a popular gay friendly night club in downtown Orlando at 1912 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32806. The club is a favorite for LGBT tourists visiting the US city of Disneyland. Tweets received from inside the club say guests are being shot at random. Police is reporting a hostage situation. Tweets received from guests within the club are desperate calls for help. They give hiding locations for police.

EDIT:

Orlando PD says that any updates will be coming via their Twitter feed, here. Last tweet six minutes ago (4:38 EST):

Media: PIOs cannot brief at Gore/Orange at his time. Will provide any updates we can on Twitter

edit on 2016-6-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Crazy a member in Florida claimed to hear gunshots bts side...

Wonder if this is what they heard?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

What I'm wondering about is which religious fanatics are involved here — Muslim or Christian?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I hope they nail the bastard!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Indeed. It sounds like he's barricaded inside with hostages now. That seems odd if the shooter is wearing a suicide vest. I'd have expected him to shoot as many as possible and detonate himself.

None of the cable news stations or networks have cut in on scheduled programming. So much for "24 Hour News."

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It crossed my mind as well, only because of the Christian far rights issues with homosexuals, but the suicide vest firmly puts it as an Islamic fanatic. Which I hope this is not the case because many lives will be lost (many more than there already are) I hope as many people can come away alive tonight as possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

agreed. I just checked, myself.

Nevertheless, another coward infects society.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Some social media reports seem to indicate this could be even bigger than so far suggested

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yes, if he's indeed wearing a suicide vest, that sounds more like an Islamic terrorist to me too. Hopefully the fact that he didn't blow himself up indicates that the vest won't trigger.

EDIT:

Scene outside the club:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Some social media reports seem to indicate this could be even bigger than so far suggested

What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
twitter.com...

twitter feed

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

One post suggested up to 50 injured but I dont link to twitter or facebook

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: mr-lizard

One post suggested up to 50 injured but I dont link to twitter or facebook

I see, sorry I thought you meant maybe there was another shooting or something?

Sad times.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Yes and video is coming out of a fire fight taking place while the police presence is rather low, he must be firing at them from the inside, you may be right that his vest didn't trigger so he begins a firefight with the police... It's speculation, I just hope this isn't Islamic terrorism and not because deaths one way are better than deaths another way, but because the method and goals are such that a high amount of kills is all they want even at the sacrifice of their own lives.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

CNN just cut in with it. All they're saying right now is that it's a "gay dance club" and that police are saying "stay away."

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

What I'm wondering about is which religious fanatics are involved here — Muslim or Christian?

WTF is wrong with you?

Give it a minute. It's probably not a religious thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Sorry but a gay night club under attack, is very likely religiously motivated.
Just horrible.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Do you think it's more likely to be a bunch of racists or a bunch of gang bangers in that area?

Let's cool our jets before we start blaming people (It was black people and has nothing to do with religion).

I'm sorry, yes, it's very likely to be motivated by Islam. You're right about that.
edit on 1220160620161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Unless the person took ANTIDEPRESSANTS and had a normal brain chemistry.
UNTIL he missed too many doses...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

CNN just reported that a CNN producer in Orlando John Cole is reporting that he just heard that an "explosion" was just heard outside the nightclub. I wonder if the police breached or if this nut blew himself up?

EDIT:

They're saying it was a "controlled explosion" now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join