It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists blow up 2500 year old Temple, Say Giza Pyramids are Next

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Recently the islamic state terrorists have blown up a 2500 year old temple in Iraq. The temple was from Babylonian days and was the Temple of Nabu. Now these same scum are threatening to blow up the great pyramids of Giza., but the Egyptions say they already have security all set.
Quite sad to see such ancient artifacts being destroyed for no reason.

Article link: www.breitbart.com...

2nd article link: www.dailymail.co.uk... aq.html
edit on 9-6-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

Reminds me of when the Taliban destroy Buddhist statues in Afghanistan:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hmmm, and just a few weeks ago there were threads talking about it "ISIS is in their last days.... they're on their last leg" etc.

Apparently that was some BS propaganda (not that I believed it, but frustrating nonetheless)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Quite sad to see such ancient artifacts being destroyed for no reason.

There's a bright side...if they do blow it up, we may get to see what Hawass hasn't wanted us to see.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ah yes, here is the thread I was talking about:

Dual offensives in Syria and Iraq ISIS days are numbered

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I personally feel like they will need a lot of explosives to take out the pyramids, and how can you go about "sneaking" that much explosives around the desert illegally? plus they all like yelling "god is great"... makes ya stand out a bit ya know.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
good luck..
those pyramids are built better
than anything before or since.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It's sad to see the why behind this type of destruction, for sure, but I'm a realist, and I do realize that tangible things don't last forever.

With that said, I wonder, with all of the discussion about possible still-hidden chambers in the pyramids and a possible spiraling ramp concealed behind the outer layers, if something WERE to happen to the pyramids, what discoveries would be made from the destruction?

I don't condone destroying these structures, so please don't misconstrue that, I'm just trying to make hypothetical lemonade out of hypothetical lemons.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well, they are the J.V. team, remember?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
good luck..
those pyramids are built better
than anything before or since.

Don't worry. If they get destroyed, I'm sure Trump will rebuild them bigger and better and make ISIS pay for the construction.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

If ISIS really did destroy the pyramids the I wish the Egyptian Gods and Undead wreak havoc on ISIS like in this movie scene from the Mummy Return:

edit on 6/9/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They destroy their own cultural heritage sites as well like ancient Islamic libraries.

I think anyone who gets caught supporting them especially politicians should be held accountable and charged as if they did the act themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i don't believe trump, or anyone, could build the great pyramid. the tech that built them is way beyond even our modern abilities.

ps screw ISIS,ISIL,IS or whatever their current alias. they are a problem easily solvable, if they were not being allowed to run wild, which they are, by design, by the players at this global chessboard.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

We can blame Saudia Arabia and Wahhabism for this because of their strict laws of believing in only one God. So they destroy any statues or temples that depict any God but the true God, or any Saint, prophet, etc.

edit on 9-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If they blow up the pyramids I'm re-enlisting with a SEAL designation. No joke.

(damnit i forgot i cant do that now)
edit on 6/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Man fears time, but time fears the pyramids.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I saw one bearded loon destroying a wall with a sculpture of one of the 7 sages on it that had to be thousands of years old in Syria,the stupid prick had a hammer and chisel and was happily chipping away at wisdom and knowledge that his DNA could never produce in a million years.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If they blow up the pyramids where will Egypt store all of its grain?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hamas tunnels?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hamas tunnels?

Bu.. but...what about the terrorist? where will they store their rockets,and guns at then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join