It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after falling into US hot spring

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dont tell me.
his famly will have a funeral at the site.
stan thire and look down the hole for 30 mins.
thats IF they have to wait that long!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I think we all agree that we are sorry for his family (and anyone especially any children who witnessed it)what a horrible way to go,hope it was really fast....but...the guy was REALLY dumb

this reminded me of an episode of (joe kenda) homicide hunter...couple moved into an old house, a few months later he was cleaning the garage.....boom......big investigation.....turns out there were grenades...one exploded (killing the homeowner) and one still in the garage with the pin.

turned out the guy thought it was a toy, harmless and pulled the pin.....I was like WTF....we all do dumb things...but when people do EXTREMELY dumb things like these 2 guys...what are we to think?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can't help but think he made that high pitched sound that lobsters make when they get dropped into a pot.
Poor fool.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: tommo39

Sadly we will all have to endure new 'safety precautions' and be further separated from the natural beauty of Yellowstone because of this fool. Just watch.

Reminds me of toddlers with ape enclosures.....

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
The article should read that this was negligence and not an accident. I know, I know though, everyone's a winner! No such thing as a stupid person!

iTruthSeeker

Accidental in the sense that even though he was dumb enough to disregard the signs, I doubt he intended to boil himself down to organic goo in boiling acid as a result.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Well the responses in this thread reveal more than I'd like to say about your character.

Hey we're alive, let's mock the dead.

What the hell is wrong with you people. Some things just aren't funny. I bet his loved ones are just in fits of laughter. Anything can happen to any of us at any time, and you want to believe you never do anything stupid?

Ridiculous. Mocking someone's death...... This site.....

I feel bad for his family, but let's be honest, how many of us would walk into an active volcanic basin and disregard and warning signs around the obviously active hot springs?

The previous posters are correct - This is the sort of thing Darwin Awards go to. At least come clean and admit whether or not you are familiar with them. They are macabre but awarded to people who jumped out of the gene pool due to their own stupid acts.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Well for all we know the guy had a stroke or a heart attack and collapsed at an inopportune moment.

We don't know if it was idiocy that caused this.

It's the risk he took by ignoring the warnings and barriers.

I have to agree with you there. As tragic as his death was, he'd likely still be walking the Earth if he had not ignored the warning signs. His sister could very well have died too, because of his poor judgement.

I don't know that I'd call it stupidity...everyone does things at some point that put them at unnecessary risk, regardless of their overall intelligence, but there was definitely a lack of basic common sense. What an incredibly horrifying way to leave this world.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lysergic
Darwin Achievement Unlocked.

I think you pretty much crushed it when you fall into boiling acid and there is zero chance of even cloning your ass in the future because your DNA is gone.

[snip]

Ewww.
edit on 9-6-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What if his sister pushed him and it wasn't just a case of slipping? She was the only witness after all. I have a younger sister that I have certainly been tempted to push into traffic more than once (I have never done it though), and she did push me off a 10 foot wall when we were kids.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

For her sake, I hope that's not what happened.

Unless she is a horrible person, that kind of guilt burden would be terrible to live with. Just knowing you saw it would be bad enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TerryDon79

For her sake, I hope that's not what happened.

Unless she is a horrible person, that kind of guilt burden would be terrible to live with. Just knowing you saw it would be bad enough.

Maybe it was her plan all along?

As for the guilt side, some murderers and serial killers don't feel compassion, but can appear to through acting.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

this reminded me of an episode of (joe kenda) homicide hunter...couple moved into an old house, a few months later he was cleaning the garage.....boom......big investigation.....turns out there were grenades...one exploded (

I came home one day and my house and street was filled with police and bomb squad. I was like WTF is going on here, It turned out my 90 year neighbour had some humongous 12" live round ammunition in his attic that he had forgotten about for decades and was discovered by his grandson who was cleaning the attic. They called the police because they were afraid to touch it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I feel for his family despite his determination to get that Darwin award.

However, has anybody looked for Jimmy Hoffa in that spring?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

anybody looked for Jimmy Hoffa in that spring?
No DNA left,gone just as Jimmy has......

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well the responses in this thread reveal more than I'd like to say about your character.

Hey we're alive, let's mock the dead.

What the hell is wrong with you people. Some things just aren't funny. I bet his loved ones are just in fits of laughter. Anything can happen to any of us at any time, and you want to believe you never do anything stupid?

Ridiculous. Mocking someone's death...... This site.....

I think that people are saying that his fate was the result of his arrogance. Much like politicians who think they are above the law, this person ignored warnings and rules made to protect us mere mortals and suffered the consequences of being boiled alive.
When cooked like this, the skin turns white and flesh falls off the bones. In an acidic environment, bones dissolve and protein hydrolyzes, so in short order there would really be nothing left to recover. As he is now in solution, burial of an aliquot of the water might be the best the family can do, much like burying an ingot of steel when a mill worker falls into the hot metal. [Yes, they do that.]

As to the macabre humor that you find offensive, that is a psychological defense mechanism. Mocking that which we find disturbing or frightening helps allay the fear.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

2 thoughts . . .

1. Compassion is always in order.

2. Some things are absurdly, paradoxically, black-humor-ly, pathetically . . . funny. We may as well laugh. I laughed when my 5 months of work 6' high sculpture crashed to the ground off a table irretrievably even though it was like having just watched a family member or pet die.

2.1 Would I have laughed in the face of a loved one dying in front of my face? No. But my mother died of a heart attack sitting on the toilet as Dad steadied her. She'd have laughed that she "went to pot on the pot."

2.2 Often enough . . . even black humor is a way of relieving stress or of making some sense out of the insensible.

2.3 I don't believe in laughing at suffering in an insensitive, crass, mean or cruel way. That bespeaks a black heart in the one laughing. However, neither do I believe in pretending some funny things--even those full of black humor--are not funny.

3. In this case . . . I can understand those laughing and talking about the Darwin award stuff. It kind of fits. But for me, It's mostly a very sad and painful way to go. I grieve for his loved ones. What a stupid glitch in a vacation. But arrogant rebellion against boundaries often results in stupid tragedy.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Woops.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We don't know if it was idiocy that caused this.

It was idiocy that took him and his sister 200 yards off the path and near the acidic hot springs.

Or perhaps it was just intense curiosity that took them closer to something they found very interesting? Like cavers who take the risks and explore new areas of caves. Like people who voluntarily jump out of perfectly functioning airplanes. They are just not content to stay within the known boundaries.
I'm not one of those people. Sure, I've been known to go outside the societal "boundaries" and break the rules from time to time. I've done stupid-squared and survived. But I've known a lot of people who had to live at least a part of their lives outside the normal boundaries. Some of those people have not survived their flirtations with danger. They died in pursuit of happiness.
My thoughts go out to those involved in this death, his family and the park workers who are dealing with it as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's what most rants are on ATS these days, these quick one liners, devoid of reason and humanity..... Everything's a joke..

If there's anything left on ATS, it's the joke... I come here more for my kicks than anything else.

I see no reason to have sympathy for an idiot, sorry.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Death is never a joking or laughing matter, whatever they say, it's still a very sad experience....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join