It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone Achieve financial success and wealth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Confidence, that comes with experience, and with the ability to apply knowledge and have effective clear communications are what sets any candidate apart. There is no luck in it, with exception of having an opportunity dropped onto you.

Having owned more than a couple businesses, all of which are now shut down, does not define my luck or lack of business prowess, nor does it say I wasnt lucky. To me any business "failure" does not define who I am. But to me it defines opportunity to learn and move on and forward.

Nothing in my life is luck or lack of. It is all application of oneself and the ability to learn and improve oneself.
edit on 9-6-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
If one man in one circumstance can achieve wealth then why can't another?
If a man in the USA can get a dream job and all the things he desires, then another there can.

Well done to you for your hard-earned financial success. While you have graciously left some valuable advice, there is one very important thing that you forgot to mention...

That as possible as it may be for a few to achieve in the manner to which you have laid out - there is also a system in place that absolutely depends upon keeping the vast majority of people at the lowest rung of the ladder.

This needs to be so in order for the elite to function as they do, rule as they do and spend as they do.
Profits ARE the bottom line - and the bottom is needed to keep that line where it is and where it has always been.

(People are slowly waking up to this reality, which is a very positive thing.)

Should everyone be educated and advancing themselves, the competition would not be appreciated by those whom are already there, which is why the system is rigged as it is - it simply does not behoove those at the top to have it any other way.

Neglecting to mention this obvious fact is doing a great disservice to those reading.

Of course, it did not and does not need to be this way...
However it is the way things currently are, at least for the time being.

- - - -
Great thread to read, lots of thought-provoking replies.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No, I mean this thread was about financial success or wealth.

Well yah, thats how you compartmentalize or downplay all that struggle to get 'wealthy'. But it consumes you in the end, because more is never enough, eventually.

This occurred when the meaning of greed changed to 'thrift'.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think Micheal Milkan was consumed.
Bernie Madoff was consumed.
Etc.

I dont think I relate the op to that.

Work to live, not live to work, I say.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

You're saying that a man in the USA can get a dream job and all the things he desires, but you're failing to ask the more important question: Will he? Simple answer: No. Not without an absurd amount of luck, along with the motivation and at least a smidgen of talent.

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it will happen. Emma Watson and Leonardo DiCaprio could bust down my door tomorrow and demand a polygamous marriage with me, but the chance of it happening would need to be written in scientific notation to stand a chance of fitting on the page.

You may not be able to become anything, like a famous movie star or NBA center, but you could become a movie director or a professional sports coach. I wanted to be a martial arts instructor and make lot's of money doing it and make a difference in people's lives on a personal level. So that's what I became.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You may not be able to become anything, like a famous movie star or NBA center, but you could become a movie director or a professional sports coach. I wanted to be a martial arts instructor and make lot's of money doing it and make a difference in people's lives on a personal level. So that's what I became.

I think it would be more accurate to say that anyone can achieve financial independence, however actually becoming wealthy won't happen. There's just not enough career paths available for the number of people that need to go down them. Some people are forced into non career jobs, and no matter how hard you work in those positions you're just not going to advance. If you're working in a restaurant for example, how much room is there for advancement? Maybe you move up from server to manager, or if you're really lucky from a manager to a franchise owner, but even that doesn't bring in the big bucks.

The right attitude and work ethic can advance you further than the people who don't have either of those things, but anyone whose actually successful has both. You don't pass that level without luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes. You need money to make money.

A lot of it is luck and being in the right place at the right time. Also networking. And being innovative and knowing what you want and knowing how to take a unique path to get there. Basically, don't play the usual game--make up your own and see how it goes. Some opportunities are once-in-a-lifetime. You just have to have discernment.

It probably helps to not be so focused on money. I mean, I know that if I did things the illegal way, I could get rich very quickly. I don't care about being rich, since I already have everything I want. But I like being comfortable. I just do what I want, no matter what. I make the system work for me.

You need to be able to do something that only you can do. And also work at something you love and are gifted at. That's what I'm going to try to do. But not for money, that's just a bonus. I just want to do it because that's what I want to do. I need no other reason besides that.

Playing into the victimization will never work. You need to be above it if you want to rise. You need to be yourself and not let society change you. Have integrity.

Integrity > money
edit on 9-6-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think it would be more accurate to say that anyone can achieve financial independence, however actually becoming wealthy won't happen. There's just not enough career paths available for the number of people that need to go down them. Some people are forced into non career jobs, and no matter how hard you work in those positions you're just not going to advance. If you're working in a restaurant for example, how much room is there for advancement? Maybe you move up from server to manager, or if you're really lucky from a manager to a franchise owner, but even that doesn't bring in the big bucks.

The right attitude and work ethic can advance you further than the people who don't have either of those things, but anyone whose actually successful has both. You don't pass that level without luck.

I disagree that not everyone can attain wealth. It may not be billionaire class wealth, but wealth that could be in the millions of dollars in money and assets. You, again, only need to work hard enough to get it. To get the skills that you need to get that money.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Yes. You need money to make money.

A lot of it is luck and being in the right place at the right time. Also networking. And being innovative and knowing what you want and knowing how to take a unique path to get there. Basically, don't play the usual game--make up your own and see how it goes. Some opportunities are once-in-a-lifetime. You just have to have discernment.

It probably helps to not be so focused on money. I mean, I know that if I did things the illegal way, I could get rich very quickly. I don't care about being rich, since I already have everything I want. But I like being comfortable. I just do what I want, no matter what. I make the system work for me.

You need to be able to do something that only you can do. And also work at something you love and are gifted at. That's what I'm going to try to do. But not for money, that's just a bonus. I just want to do it because that's what I want to do. I need no other reason besides that.

Playing into the victimization will never work. You need to be above it if you want to rise. You need to be yourself and not let society change you. Have integrity.

Integrity > money

I agree with most of what you said, except that it doesn't take money to make money. It takes hard work to make money and anyone can succeed without luck. All you need is hard work.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just because you made success doesn't mean everyone else can. Not everyone is blessed to have such things come there way. You also need a degree of luck and discipline.

I am by no means an idiot. I have my IQ tests from when I was a kid. The school system spent years trying to figure me out. I've been kicked in the gonads so many times in life. You can only get kicked so many times before you decide not to get back up.

Everyday I wake up I'm just thankful I'm alive and that is enough for me. Money isn't important to me and it don't create happiness. I find without money I enjoy the simple things in life.

For most people money is all they care about. They measure their status of success by their designer shoes cell phones cars and homes. Greed is everywhere and you don't notice it until you quit caring about money. Capitalism fuels greed. From the bankers of wallstreet to the guy at work willing to cut your throat or anyone that gets in his way for a promotion.

You may be a likable guy I'm not. I tell people the way it is which makes a lot of people dislike me. I'm blunt and straight to the point I'm not one for telling people what they want to hear. I'm not a people person and I'm very difficult to get along with. I'm smart but I have poor communication skills. My personality and views on life have always been my downfall.
edit on 9-6-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I disagree that not everyone can attain wealth. It may not be billionaire class wealth, but wealth that could be in the millions of dollars in money and assets. You, again, only need to work hard enough to get it. To get the skills that you need to get that money.

I guess I just don't agree, there is definitely a luck component involved. I see people who are very smart and work hard fall short of success daily. Yet I see other people who are little more than con men go far. Lets put it this way: There are the same number of people in the US who make between between 20,000 and 21,000 as there are who make 200k and up, you've got a 1% chance of being in either category, which you end up in is purely a matter of chance. You can try and hedge your bets by having skills that are in greater demand but at the end of the day 1% of people will be in the 20k bracket, and 1% will be in the 200k+ bracket.

originally posted by: wantsomeI tell people the way it is which makes a lot of people dislike me. I'm blunt and straight to the point I'm not one for telling people what they want to hear. I'm not a people person and I'm very difficult to get along with. I'm smart but I have poor communication skills. My personality and views on life have always been my downfall.

When people take an unfriendly, know it all attitude, even if they're smart enough to always be right no one will listen. Part of being intelligent is knowing how to communicate your point. You don't have to be a great writer or orator, but a non confrontational tone can go far.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I dont beleive so.

Not everyone is born with the same level of intelligence
Not everyone is born with the same talents
Not everyone who is born with the same talents has the same amount of talent
Not everyone is born with the same level of self confidence
Not everyone is born the same level of belief in themselves
Not everyone is born the same passions
Not everyone is born withe same level of passion
We all walk on a different path in life
We are at a different place on that path, some at the start, some further along, some near the end.
We are all works-in-progress otherwise we would not be here.
We can all only play with the toys we were born with.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is why everybody is not a winner at the lottery. A gazillion to one odds for the easy no work needed payoff.

That is what luck is.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Work to live, not live to work, I say.

Gotta have faith, only tested and developed when we aren't secure in our persons and effects.

Being wealthy presents a barrier to the development of our soul.

edit on 10-6-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Is this a Trump U ad?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I dont beleive so.

Not everyone is born with the same level of intelligence
Not everyone is born with the same talents
Not everyone who is born with the same talents has the same amount of talent
Not everyone is born with the same level of self confidence
Not everyone is born the same level of belief in themselves
Not everyone is born the same passions
Not everyone is born withe same level of passion
We all walk on a different path in life
We are at a different place on that path, some at the start, some further along, some near the end.
We are all works-in-progress otherwise we would not be here.
We can all only play with the toys we were born with.

So I'm successful, despite being dumb, terrible memory, no specific talent, as a young man I had no self confidence and no belief in myself and had no idea what my passion in life was. Yet here I am. Not through luck, but hard work. Again, we're all on different paths, but being a normal person with a below average IQ, health and physical traits you can be as successful as I am. If you want to be.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Is this a Trump U ad?

Just truth bro. If you want success, then go for it. You don't need money, luck or any physical blessing. If you work hard you'll get it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So you said this. "...I guess I just don't agree, there is definitely a luck component involved. I see people who are very smart and work hard fall short of success daily..."

I have fallen short of success repeatedly. I've had cars repossessed. I've been homeless. I've had addiction and alcoholism. I've been arrested. I've failed college classes. I've quit the profession I'm in now with no hope of returning to it. I've been so far in debt I couldn't breathe. I'm not very smart. I have a below average IQ and a terrible memory. Yet if I look back, it's not luck that's gotten me here, but hard work.

And when I say hard work, I don't mean working a shift at 7-11 and then another part time job at McDonalds for a total of 12 hours a day 7 days a week. That's hard work but not smart work. If you're working in 7-11 do you know every aspect of the job...you should be able to manage any retail job with that experience. If you're working at McDonalds, are you the general manager of the store? If not you're not studying everything, going out of your way to impress your co-workers bosses and customers. Do you know all of the Vendors by name. Do you have all the prices memorized? Can you fix all the machines? When you're cash short do you put your own money in? without complaining? Now if you're a general manager of McDonalds, why aren't you an area manager? That's a huge pay raise, no luck involved just hard work to get there. If your the general manager of the area, why aren't you the training manager of the area? Why can't you leverage that to be a corporate trainer? And on and on. It's clearly easy to see that those that don't succeed baring some physical issue like a serious disability or being stuck in Libya or North Korea. In fact give me a real work example of why you can't succeed and I'll give you a path to success for free.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Is this a Trump U ad?

Just truth bro. If you want success, then go for it. You don't need money, luck or any physical blessing. If you work hard you'll get it.

Washing machines also work hard. Everything is pre-determined. It's not what you know or how hard you work. It's who you know (making the right connections) and luck. It's also defining 'success'. I know someone who is a multi-millionaire and don't consider themselves successful because they don't have a billion. I also know somebody who makes under 30 Gs a year and considers themselves successful not because they of the very few material things they have, but they told me they are thankful they have their health, live near the beach, and love their job despite the low pay.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Is this a Trump U ad?

Washing machines also work hard. Everything is pre-determined. It's not what you know or how hard you work. It's who you know (making the right connections) and luck. It's also defining 'success'. I know someone who is a multi-millionaire and don't consider themselves successful because they don't have a billion. I also know somebody who makes under 30 Gs a year and considers themselves successful not because they of the very few material things they have, but they told me they are thankful they have their health, live near the beach, and love their job despite the low pay.

That's just it. You define success. It could be anything...living on the beach, moving to Florida, having a pool, owning your own business, or it could be more. My only point on this thread is that if you want it you can get it. All it takes is hard work. I own my own business. That wasn't luck or connections. It was hard work. Period.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join