It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Hits 'Magic Number' of Delegates to Clinch Nomination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I thought Puerto Rico didn't have enough delegates to push Clinton over the hump but according to this article, it did. Now, Hillary has passed the magic 2383 number of delegates.

Hillary Clinton has secured a majority of delegates to the Democratic National Convention, NBC News projected on Monday evening — meaning the former secretary of state is now the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party. To win the nomination, a candidate must secure a majority of all delegates, or 2,383. But 15 percent of the total delegate pool is made up of superdelegates — current and former elected officials and party activists who aren't bound to vote for the candidate selected by voters in their home state's primary. Many — but not all — of the Democratic superdelegates have publicly declared their support for either Clinton or her rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.Clinton's win in the Puerto Rico primary — where 60 unpledged delegates were at stake — pushed her total, including hundreds of superdelegates, beyond 2,383.

To be fair, this article includes her total with Super-delegates accounted for as well as regular votes; Super-delegates are supposed to be able to "switch" at a moments notice. This article assumes that the Super-delegates are firm where they stand with Hillary so I guess it's over for Bernie. If the article is correct and Hillary has clinched the nomination, then I think Bernie should be vying for V.P. at this point; that would be the best way to ensure that she gets Bernie voters who might otherwise switch to Trump-make Bernie her V.P.....! That's my opinion. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The superdelegates don't vote until July and, with Hillary, anything can happen before then.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The superdelegates don't vote until July and, with Hillary, anything can happen before then.

Just quoting the article. I thought it was a little too soon to call it, I guess we'll see...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I thought Puerto Rico didn't have enough delegates to push Clinton over the hump but according to this article, it did. Now, Hillary has passed the magic 2383 number of delegates.

Hillary Clinton has secured a majority of delegates to the Democratic National Convention, NBC News projected on Monday evening — meaning the former secretary of state is now the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party. To win the nomination, a candidate must secure a majority of all delegates, or 2,383. But 15 percent of the total delegate pool is made up of superdelegates — current and former elected officials and party activists who aren't bound to vote for the candidate selected by voters in their home state's primary. Many — but not all — of the Democratic superdelegates have publicly declared their support for either Clinton or her rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.Clinton's win in the Puerto Rico primary — where 60 unpledged delegates were at stake — pushed her total, including hundreds of superdelegates, beyond 2,383.

To be fair, this article includes her total with Super-delegates accounted for as well as regular votes; Super-delegates are supposed to be able to "switch" at a moments notice. This article assumes that the Super-delegates are firm where they stand with Hillary so I guess it's over for Bernie. If the article is correct and Hillary has clinched the nomination, then I think Bernie should be vying for V.P. at this point; that would be the best way to ensure that she gets Bernie voters who might otherwise switch to Trump-make Bernie her V.P.....! That's my opinion. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...
sweet!!!

Can't wait for her to be POTUS.

Said no one sane.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yeah. We've already been expecting this. The media actually admits to the fact that the are openly going to announce Clinton is the winner ahead of time by saying she's got the delegates by including some of her Super Delegates.

Which is basically just the media openly lying to everyone to help convince them that Clinton has already won, which she hasn't.

It's BS.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

At this point, to get the most pledged delegates, Sanders would need something like 71% of all those remaining. Excluding superdelegates she'll clinch tomorrow if she only manages 50% of California and 50% of NJ (she could get 0 delegates from the rest).

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

At this point, to get the most pledged delegates, Sanders would need something like 71% of all those remaining. Excluding superdelegates she'll clinch tomorrow if she only manages 50% of California and 50% of NJ (she could get 0 delegates from the rest).

Yeah. It seems all but impossible for Sanders anyway but he's a fighter. Down to the bitter end, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah. We've already been expecting this. The media actually admits to the fact that the are openly going to announce Clinton is the winner ahead of time by saying she's got the delegates by including some of her Super Delegates.

Which is basically just the media openly lying to everyone to help convince them that Clinton has already won, which she hasn't.

It's BS.

Do you think she's in bed with the media? Probably.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What, you mean the Clinton News Network?

Nah, they're totally not biased or anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Or the FBI could recommend indictment, and/or the DOJ could indict, and the superdelegates would be forced to switch their vote "for the good of the party" considering the unknowns.

(And Obama could pardon her, but not before Bernie is made the nominee and Congress gets their $18 trillion to spend.)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I have a feeling that Sanders will sway a few, but the California delegates she takes are likely to make them inconsequential.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You guys should give the Clintons a break they really haven't done anything wrong,,,,,sorry I cant keep that joke going with a straight face

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Do you think she's in bed with the media? Probably.

I'd rather not think about who or what she spends time in bed with.

But of course. Clinton has many powerful and influential people and groups supporting her. She's a powerful woman and has powerful connections who would obviously benefit a lot from her becoming POTUS.

It's pretty clear that she shares her bed with more than just media outlets, but with wall street, Feminist Groups, other political figures, Hollywood, etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Whether this happened now or next week it was guaranteed, she was too close to not get it after California, even with a Bernie win there.

The nomination could still go to Sanders if the super delegates switch, and it's not entirely possible for it to do so... Sanders crushes Trump in the general and there's no legal questions with him but we're not privy to all the information. If there's a strong internal feeling that the Clinton FBI problems won't lead to anything, then they'll probably stick with her.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If it comes down to Hillary and Trump, I may have to sit this election out. Unless Bernie or someone else who can identify with the majority of Americans runs as an independent.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Everyone voting for Hillary raise your hand.

Now, slap yourself with it and wake up and smell the coffee, she's an establishment muppet.

A bought-and-paid-for dynastic career politician hell bent on driving the military / industrial complex agenda will not work in the best interests of America and her citizens, but I guess that's irrelevant because she says stuff that she will do once elected, just like every other POTUS hopeful before her.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nope!

No.

She did not (and has not)!
The "superdelegates" are the clinchers.

Nice try, though.
Tomorrow is a really big deal. Don't count your chickens.....

edit on 6/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What is it with people saying that she's got it in the bag ---- when, really, she doesn't?

It's so unpalatable, all of this "just ignore him" crap.

edit on 6/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Not only are the superdelegates who have already committed to supporting her firm in their convictions more of them who had not yet made a decision did indeed decide in favor of Hillary today.
They do not vote until July but they are committed and firm in their support.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Do you really think these people are going to change their minds? Why?
edit on 662016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join