It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids tested material from Roswell UFO debris, claims witness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ahh, it seems that you're taking issue with a reviewer's words from "the site that shall not be named".

The "soon after Roswell" claim is not made by Mary Joyce, or insinuated by "Jill".

Mary Joyce makes it clear that it was 1957 at the 0:46 mark, and "Jill" also states 1957 at 2:20.

Edit: It also seems that it's a context issue with where Bo snipped it. The use of the phrase "soon after" makes more sense when read in its full context.

Jill says John also told her to grab a pair of scissors and try to cut the metal, but they were not able to cut it. Over the next week, the children experimented with testing the metal. They tried to burn it, but it would not get damaged and would remain at room temperature.

The children were careful to keep the metal secret, because John knew he was not supposed to have it.

Even so, soon after, when John saw Jill playing with Silly Puddy, he was so fascinated by the Silly Puddy he offered to trade Jill the mystery metal for the Silly Puddy.

edit on 6/6/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Then there is conflicting information. To claim 1957 is soon after Roswell is misleading to say the least.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

See the edit above. Your issue is likely due to the snippet being read out of context.

The reviewer is not saying "soon after Roswell".

They're saying "soon after experimenting with the material, and keeping it a secret".

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Ah, a quoting issue. Well I guess the Silly Putty (not Puddy) piece is no longer applicable.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't know. I suppose the Silly Putty and Captain Kangaroo timelines are applicable in the sense that they fall inline with the narrative.

When you said...

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
They fabricated that part of the narrative so it makes the entire story not believable.

... it seemed like a key issue for ya.

Do you now find the story more believable now?

Personally, the main issue nagging me is the game of "catch" they played. They crushed it into a ball and tossed it to each other while, in mid-air, it reverted to it's normal "flat" shape. If I think of an 8"x11" sheet of metal about "4-5 sheets of aluminum foil" thick, then I think "sharp edges/corners". If this thing is popping-out into a 4-point shuriken mid-flight, then something about it seems a bit odd to me.

edit on 6/6/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Do you now find it more believable now?

By the slightest amount.

Personally, the main issue nagging me is the game of "catch" they played. They crushed it into a ball and tossed it to each other while, in mid-air, it reverted to it's normal "flat" shape. If I think of an 8"x11" sheet of metal about "4-5 sheets of aluminum foil" thick, then I think "sharp edges/corners". If this thing is popping-out into a 4-point shuriken mid-flight, then something about it seems a bit odd to me.

That was also an odd anecdote. Their entire story is somewhat hard to swallow and strikes me as concocted.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Officialdom did the snipping . . . to . . . uhhhh . . . protect proper matters--in terms of a site involved, as I understand it.

edit on 6/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Given the number of reports and diversity of sources describing foil that re-flattened after being crumpled, I don't think the mylar thing would fly.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The freakmason automatically disqualifies himself as a impartial poster to this OP due to his foot note that states, “Non cogito ergo extraterrestrialis.´Translated to “I do not think the extraterrestrials.” (Go ahead and translate the other freaky crap it has on the bottom). Nothing will change its mind on what is or is not, extraterrestrial.
Having lived on this planet for over half a century, I would find it difficult to remember exact periods of time between 6 months of age, to to being a teenager. Such as, was I was eight years old when I was lifted into the cockpit of the Presidents plane or was I six? I don’t remember, but it happened. I do know that it did not happen was I was ten. Maybe freaklightholder is different (I’m sure it is). However, I do find her story believable. SnF.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Maybe the kids had some form of nitinol product? It has shape memory and other similarities with the supposed metal sheet the kids were playing with.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
The freakmason automatically disqualifies himself as a impartial poster to this OP due to his foot note that states, “Non cogito ergo extraterrestrialis.´Translated to “I do not think the extraterrestrials.”

Actually, it is 'I do not think, therefore extraterrestrials'.

Do you get the satire or do I need to explain that to you as well?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
Maybe the kids had some form of nitinol product? It has shape memory and other similarities with the supposed metal sheet the kids were playing with.
It sounds like just an embellished version of Marcel's story that the lots of little pieces of the material he found strewn over a debris field were of an "indestructible" material. Well if it was indestructible why is it in so many pieces? If that's not the #1 dumbest story I've ever heard in my life it's got to be close to the top of the list, and what's more there's probably not much point in debating with someone who thinks "lots of little pieces" and "indestructible" are logically compatible because because if that makes sense to them, their elevator isn't reaching the top floor if you know what I mean. It's what I would call a "self-debunking claim" when anybody whose elevator does reach the top floor reads it.

Jesse Marcel's claim

"[There were] many bits of metallic foil, that looked like, but was not, aluminum, for no matter how often one crumpled it, it regained its original shape again. Besides that, they were indestructible, even with a sledgehammer."

So, since he was obviously exaggerating the "indestructible" claim, I suspect some of the other claims by Marcel were also exaggerated, so I don't try too hard to explain the memory metal claims. Also note that his son Jesse marcel Jr handled the material and he didn't note any memory properties.

Nitinol doesn't fit the story in the OP video because she said if they crumpled it and tossed it it would resume its shape in mid-air, but I think nitinol needs to be heated to resume its shape so it wouldn't do that afaik.

Also, Marcel's son said it was metallic-like but not metal, whatever that means, but that would also seem to rule out nitinol since it's a metal. Jesse Marcel Jr:

"The material was foil-like stuff, very thin, metallic-like but not metal, and very tough."

Now instead of a story what would be truly interesting is if someone actually had a piece of this so called memory metal so it could be analyzed, but of course they never do and all we have are stories like this one.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Actually, it is 'I do not think, therefore extraterrestrials'.

Do you get the satire or do I need to explain that to you as well?
Does it mean that all the unsolved murders last year must have been done by aliens because we can't figure out any other solution? I also wonder if they might be stealing my socks one at a time because I often seem to have this one sock where the matching one has disappeared. If aliens aren't taking them I don't know what other explanation there could possibly be.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Does it mean that all the unsolved murders last year must have been done by aliens because we can't figure out any other solution? I also wonder if they might be stealing my socks one at a time because I often seem to have this one sock where the matching one has disappeared. If aliens aren't taking them I don't know what other explanation there could possibly be.

Glad you got the joke. More of a knock on the Giorgio Tsoukalos type people who attribute every unknown thing to space aliens.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I have a paper clip that you can bend all up every which way and you drop it in hot water and it bends back in the original shape

The technical name for such a metal is Shape Memory Alloy
usually Nitinol (Nickel Titanium)

See Link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Although I should note that if the material in our story here reacted
to light then I am more guessing a coated Carbon-60 or Graphene sheet
with shiny but light sensitive coating probably Silver Halides or
Oxazines and Naphthopyrans which will darken or lighten upon
contact or non-contact with visible, infrared or ultraviolet light.

The Graphene sheets would act very much like memory metals
and the shiny coatings would probably be used for electrical field
manipulation (i.e. as base layers for capacitive functions) or
as a visual stealth mechanism. AND Graphene, Single-walled
or double-walled Carbon, Silicon or Boro-Nitride Nanotube
composites would be stronger than steel pound-for-pound
AND can manipulate various EM frequencies such as light!

I should ALSO NOTE that if the material was multi-layer
such as Graphene Sheet for the underlayer and Boro-Nitride
Nanotubes for the upepr layer you have an EXTREMELY
lightweight radiation shielding system since the Boron
absorbs neutrons so well! i.e. Hull of Spacecraft!

Graphene:
en.wikipedia.org...

Bucky Balls (Carbon-60) (aka Buckminsterfullerene):
en.wikipedia.org...

Carbon Nanotubes:
en.wikipedia.org...

Silicon Nanotubes:
en.wikipedia.org...

Various Nanotube materials:
en.wikipedia.org...

I can think of more than a few aerospace uses for such materials!

edit on 2016/7/3 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm going to speculate that her story is true, but the material may have been not directly from Roswell but from research in the 1950s.
Nonetheless, Bo, I recently read a book, The Children of Roswell by Carey & Schmitt. Recommend for anyone interested in Roswell ufo.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Also, Marcel's son said it was metallic-like but not metal, whatever that means, but that would also seem to rule out nitinol since it's a metal. Jesse Marcel Jr:

"The material was foil-like stuff, very thin, metallic-like but not metal, and very tough."

Now instead of a story what would be truly interesting is if someone actually had a piece of this so called memory metal so it could be analyzed, but of course they never do and all we have are stories like this one.

I think it's possibly aluminized or metalized Mylar.

Before someone says "but they surely would recognize it as metal-coated plastic film if it was a metal-coated plastic film" -- but then again plastics -- especially plastic films -- were a relatively exotic material to the common person in the 1940s. A piece of metalized Mylar to us today is just a material for making "get well" balloons and such, but to people of the 1940s, it would have seemed like magical tin foil that didn't stay crumpled...

...and it could be described as "metallic-like, but not metal".

edit on 7/4/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Mylar is NOT a very tough material!

you can cut and melt it! I should also note that Marcel and/or
Marcel's kids, if I remember correctly, said the shiny material
in their possession COULD NOT be cut or burnt.

That to me PROBABLY is more towards Ultra strong
Graphene or more likely single-walled carbon-nanotubes
with a shiny coating. Carbon WILL burn at fairly low
temperatures and CAN be cut, so I would not be surprised
if the shiny coating is a HARD glass-like nano-material.

We don't have the material so we can't test it but human
materials technology is DEFINITELY getting up there in
sophistication, so whatever was found in 1947 would
likely EASILY be duplicated today!

edit on 2016/7/4 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

You are saying they had a piece of the indestructible material that broke off from the alien ship after it was shredded into thousands of pieces?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: StargateSG7

You are saying they had a piece of the indestructible material that broke off from the alien ship after it was shredded into thousands of pieces?

Evidently what was broken off came from what was said to be impact damage
and electrical discharge damage due to probably being hit by lightning.

There really are no "indestructible" materials!
Only those more resistant to damage than others.

On a pound-for-pound basis and based upon "eyewitness" reports
I would TEND to believe a modernesque carbon composite with
a specialty nano-coating is the type of material POSSIBLY handled
by the Marcel clan.

SOMEONE must have a sample of the 1947 crash material
hidden in some footlocker somewhere or hidden away
in a shoebox! Contact me here via U2U and
I can have it tested.

I CAN determine if it is from a specific time period such
as 1947 since I won't be depending upon the carbon-14
process but rather something MUCH MORE accurate and robust!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
if it was a high speed crash then the damage area would have been a lot of smaller debris..Here is an F111 crash site,high speed..
Guyra Crash
edit on 5-7-2016 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join