It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US under cyber attack as of Friday afternoon/evening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Most of the major carriers are reporting wide spread outages and IPViking seems to be indicating some heavy inbound traffic.

It looks to me like a large scale attack is underway.

Anyone else having cell phone service issues? I'm using public WiFi to post this.

hp.ipviking.com...

Also check out downdetector.com....

edit on 2016 6 03 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

ooooh, cyberwar!!!

*pew * pew* Wait until the VR headsets work!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Nothing here except my dog running thru the house with a wire clothes hanger...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
AT&T is down in multiple states including here in North Georgia. I was without cell service due to my location on my local lake today and I'm home now and still no cell service.

ETA. My charter spectrum is working fine. Looks to be just cell carriers. Strange most of the cyber attacks have been ISP's the past few years
edit on 3-6-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
AT&T is down in multiple states including here in North Georgia.

Upgrade gone wrong? I have better cell service than EVER.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Upgrade gone wrong? I have better cell service than EVER. 

We have 5 cells phones in the house at this very moment all ATT and none have service, but my charter spectrum is flying right along

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yes I had some problems with Verizon last night!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It might get worse, if geomagnetic storms are the cause:

WEEKEND STORMS ARE LIKELY: NOAA forecasters estimate a 70% chance of geomagnetic storms on June 4th and 5th when a solar wind stream hits Earth's magnetic field. Deja vu? This stream has been here before. On May 8th (Mother's Day), it sparked the strongest geomagnetic storm of 2016. During that G3-class event, auroras were photographed in the USA as far south as Kansas and Arkansas. This time, analysts expect the storm to peak at G2--not as strong as the Mother's Day Storm, but still worth watching. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras,especially in the southern hemisphere where darkening autumn skies favor visibility.

Maybe someone with more expertise can offer information as to if this would cause interference with mobile phone services.

spaceweather.com...
edit on 6/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Wow thank you, nice post. Makes sense, I bet this is what was causing my dropped calls!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A bit more:

G2 (Moderate) Watch in Effect for 4 and 5 June UTC day

Moderate Geomagnetic Storm Watch in Effect
4 June UTS-day

Primary Area of Impacts
Poleward of 55 deg geomagnetic latitude

Possible Effects
Power Systems: Power grid fluctuations; voltage alarms at higher latitudes
Spacecraft: Orientation irregularities; increased drag on low-Earth orbiters
Radio: high-latitude HF propagation fades
Other: Aurora may be visible as low as New York to Wisconsin to Washington state

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I live in florida. I have att . No problems at all. My cell has been fine and my house modem

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

huh?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I live in florida. I have att . No problems at all. My cell has been fine and my house modem

You have a house modem?

Do you call it dobby?

What sort of modem do you use whilst out in the wild blue yonder

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have AT&T. I really can't remember any call problems until the last couple of days. There is static on calls. A couple had unexplained beeps. Often, I dial a number, the call timer starts, but I can't hear the other person.

I brought the phone into the stoe, it appears fine. It worked fine there. Left and it starting messing up again.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I've been wondering about what's going on. I use Cricket and so does my daughter, she lost service around 4yesterday afternoon and I was alright until about 7 (EST). Then my secondary phone went out (T-Mobile) and that kind of weirded me out so I emailed my mother who told me both of my parents phones weren't working (Sprint). She also said that my brother still had service but he was having a lot of dropped calls and static when the calls were lasting more than 30 seconds (Verizon). Another oddity: Cricket is owned by and runs through AT&T towers but my sister who actually has AT&T and only lives about 20 minutes away has had no problems at all.

I think the strangest aspect here, though, is the total lack of any media coverage. There's probably around 20 stories about Cricket if you Google "Cricket outage" but no other carrier despite downdetector showing that problems began at roughly the same time for all carriers. Maybe because Cricket is the only carrier that's acknowledged there's a problem?

ETA: As soon as I submitted my post my Cricket coverage returned. My daughter's service returned about 30 seconds later. The T-Mobile phone is still searching for the network. How strange.
edit on 6/4/16 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Cricket wireless is having a huge nationwide outage. Some people reporting having no service for 12 hours now. No word yet on it being back up as of yet.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Being a really oldster, I find it humorous in a blackish sort of way that mere humans get so wrapped up in the fact that their little electronic gadgets aren't working as advertised. That dependency is shocking, if I can stoop to using an electrified metaphor.

I know, I know. I'll get replies of sixteen different reasons why these gadgets are virtual life-savers when for the most part they are more consumer status symbols than anything else.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I know cricket cell service got shut down completely and the servers at my job completely crashed

new topics

top topics

join