It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Understand Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So if the Earth is spinning 1k mile per hour, the Earth is rotating around the sun at 67k miles a hour, 168 million miles an hour is how fast the milky way spins, and the milky way is traveling close to light speed thru the universe.. Why has Nothing changed night sky? All the stars are in the a same place forever? makes No sense to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SpittinCobra

The stars are so far apart and so far away from us that any noticeable change would take many many lifetimes to take place.

Ever ridden down the road and seen that the background moves slower than the foreground? Same concept except amplified a whole lot.

No, the stars are not in the same spot forever, it's just that any change in their position is so tiny from our perspective that we would never notice it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The distances are so vast the farther away stuff 'appears' still.

Next time you are in a car on the hi way you'll see the roadside moving by quickly, the mountains in the distance moving more slowly, the moon in the sky and the stars themselves apparently not moving at all.

Thats the way simple answer.

As to how we are moving through space, watch this…

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The distances are so vast the farther away stuff 'appears' still.

Next time you are in a car on the hi way you'll see the roadside moving by quickly, the mountains in the distance moving more slowly, the moon in the sky and the stars themselves apparently not moving at all.

Thats the way simple answer.

As to how we are moving through space, watch this…

part two is better

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Thanks, that video is of the broader Galaxy. I was trying to keep it simple. The galaxy itself is also a vortex(?) or more like a hurricane on earth? That would imply theres an ether to space. For instance, a hurricane is water droplets suspended in the atmosphere around a center, its focus (of gravity) being the Hurricane it self. But dependent on the atmosphere (ether) of the planet earth.

The rings of Saturn, the solar system, the stars of the Galaxy, all going round their 'centers'… so that begs the question, what are all the Galaxies centered around?

Another of his videos showing the movement of the sun through the Galaxy.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

the galaxies are all speeding away from each other so they couldn't be circling anything, the orbit model ends with individual galaxies, beyond the galaxy its all spreading apart.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Where we have resolve images and have seen with our eyes everything goes around something. From electron orbits to Galaxy clusters and everything in between.

I would be a fool to conclude any differently about things as yet unseen.

Not "all" galaxies are speeding away from each other, either .

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpittinCobra
So if the Earth is spinning 1k mile per hour, the Earth is rotating around the sun at 67k miles a hour, 168 million miles an hour is how fast the milky way spins, and the milky way is traveling close to light speed thru the universe.. Why has Nothing changed night sky? All the stars are in the a same place forever? makes No sense to me.

Have you been watching Eric Dubay's videos? Even when considering the massive distances between stars and us, I imagine there must be some noticeable change over time given how fast everything is supposedly moving, and not all in the same direction. But I wouldn't know how much change and how long it would take.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

top topics

join