It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I came by punksteam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I studied ancient mystic for a while now, ( even though its an interesting topic ) and by accident i came by a sub-genre called Steam-punk..

Steampunk is a subgenre of science fiction or science fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery

What amazes me are the Victorian ideals or the cardinal virtues in a format that is easily acceptable by a mainstream audience, and the imagination can run free of all the things they can make by metal and steam. Its the DIY craft without any boundaries than just the reality observe.. Everything is propelled by steam, just like in reality and not an invisible force of dark matter and warp speed..

I believe the world would become more human if it maybe looked that way than the fragile solitude fantasy we are trying to create.. Or maybe we are already in the punksteam age..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Dude, we get it. You vape.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Check out Abney Park:

www.abneypark.com...

edit on 3-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LauGhing0ne

im a big fan of steampunk.

You should check out the movie Wild Wild West with Will Smith.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 3-6-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The movie is really bad, you should check out the Kevin Smith clip about the back story to the Movie, the Spider should have been portrayed in a Superman movie in a mythological aspect..

Problem with people in Hollywood, they tend to have a narrow view of information and a lot of imagination, usually a extremely bad concept on the real world.. However Steampunk confines you in the realm of reality but you are free to use your creativity and imagination..

Steampunk is fascinating, do you have source material? I think steampunk is where the world would be better off.

new topics

top topics

join