It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is not a book Trust your memory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
First of all , Thanks to all you guys for convincing me to keep posting and defying ignorance...
Some of previous posts were about the ME effect. But at the moment I simply don't wanna know what it is all about. It's self protection notting more , because going down that Rabbit hole might be dangerous.

I started my day with watching a YT suggestion. A clip about why Snoop Dogg didn't like roots.
Somehow I got a bit upset again Mr Mandela ? Because I remember that he was called Snoop Doggy Dog. Again the Mandela hell ? No , I absolutely didn't want to look it up. If mandela is bad memory I can live with that if it's something else I can't . So in a way I convinced myself that I have a bad memory. Over 40 well perhaps i'm loosing basic memory's could be ? So I didn't look it up I just Embraced Ignorance , just to protect myself. Really I couldn't care less how that Dogg was called , snoop,poop whatever it was all the same to me BUT I made a very big mistake because I just... Embraced Ignorance.

This isn't about the ME effect or what it causes but what it does to people. After alot of posts on social media FB/YT/ATS. The sideeffect of ME is that one eventually starts to think that ones memory is bad. After that everything is accepted... ignorance is embraced.

Generation X still has some balls. Milleniums mostly just follow the MSM. I can't blame them because half of their live has had FB and Social media in it.

Anyway the simple act of looking up what the Dogg has been called induced a Angst in me. My wife came home from work and I talked with my wife (about the same age) about the dilemma. She didn't hesitate and looked it up. Here it was Snoop Doggy Dogg and now it's Snoop Dogg she said. Why didn't you look it up yourself ? She asked. Hmmm... telling her why is pretty complex so I lied. Well I don't care...

Dynamic Pages and why there is some kind of ME effect.

Well this is chitchat , and it's more or less related to the subject in this tread so.
The ME effect does exist and isn't always bad memory sometimes it's just bad computers.
If you look in the wayback machine for deviantart,com for memberships there is a membership called premium and core. somewhere in 2015 deviantart decided to change to core membership. Before 2015 there was never ever any mention of core members. This is a fact. But if you lookup in google you get core member results from as far back as 2012. No this isn't bad memory but it is proof that old pages are accessed dynamically. This means the content is updated when the keywords change. I know that's true for google.So this is proof that pages change. That's not an evil NWO conspiracy but just 'Tech'. For me enough reason not to trust any webpage accessed by google as the Truth and rather trust my memory as you should do too. Google is not a book content is changed dynamically trust your memory.

edit on 612016 by frenchfries because: sentence added

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Somehow I got a bit upset again Mr Mandela ? Because I remember that he was called Snoop Doggy Dog.

At one point in time it was snoop-a-loop

edit on 1-6-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

and what if google would say it wasn't ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Internet, which Google is part of is the biggest book ever made..
As with any book not all information can be correct but at least you can find another source to verify it..

Sometimes I would trust that more than my own memory..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
As with any book not all information can be correct

You´re right but that isn't the point the point is that pages are dynamically updated and Google shows the results as true pages made in 2012 which isn't true. If one is not aware of that well scream mandela or something. So how can you be certain a webpage looked like in 2012 , where is the other source ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You can cross reference anything on the Internet and Google is not the only search engine..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

So lets assume I want to know what membership was called in 2012 what searchengine should I use that doesn't dynamically updates webpages ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

originally posted by: Misterlondon
As with any book not all information can be correct

You´re right but that isn't the point the point is that pages are dynamically updated and Google shows the results as true pages made in 2012 which isn't true. If one is not aware of that well scream mandela or something. So how can you be certain a webpage looked like in 2012 , where is the other source ?

The Wayback machine has some web pages archived JUST how they used to look.
Plus you can always screen capture stuff that's important to you and drop it in a file.
Unless you are going to scream conspiracy, in reality nothing ever disapearsfrom the internet, it just takes a "little finding" and perseverance.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't trust my own memory- as I have stated before, I KNOW I have false memories. Not the horrible, traumatic kind that some therapists like to prattle on about. But the kind of memories where I have heard a story repeated so often that it becomes a movie in my mind. Events that I was not present for, but I somehow "remember" them.

Our memories are so faulty. Even true memory is colored by so many factors, many that we are not aware of. Every single thing is different for everyone involved, because we are all unique and have different perspectives.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Misterlondon

So lets assume I want to know what membership was called in 2012 what searchengine should I use that doesn't dynamically updates webpages ?

Just one example..

archive. org

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

and what if google would say it wasn't ?

Obviously I would assume I had changed timelines with another dimension, duh.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Snoop Dogg isn't his real name, anyway. This isn't a parallel Universe that got changed, few Hollywood characters go by their real name.

For me enough reason not to trust any webpage accessed by google as the Truth and rather trust my memory as you should do too.

But that I agree with. They are rewriting history to reflect the victors story all the time. So get a few sources or type in your subject, and 'controversy'.
edit on 1-6-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

no no not conspiracy I said 'Tech' .

I just want to point out dynamically pages are changed in google (wayback is from google) .

There are many different kinds of dynamic pages, some of which are easily stored in an archive and some of which fall apart completely. When a dynamic page renders standard html, the archive works beautifully. When a dynamic page contains forms, JavaScript, or other elements that require interaction with the originating host, the archive will NOT contain the original site's functionality.

' the archive will NOT contain the original site's functionality.' SO SEE things disapear from internet !

Again this is not a conspiracy but a fact.. Google is not a big book or harddrive. Pages are recreated dynamically if possible. And stuff in the wayback machine can differ from the original. Algorithms (java) is recreating stuff (htmltags) that are dynamically... But the point I wanna make that sometimes people remember the past better than the computer or even internet.

edit on 612016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 612016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for your input (but PE is not the topic), and No this isn't about ME (read the post)... but about the effects mandela (or if you want bad memory) has on people.

Whether ME exists or not it HAS an impact on people.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thanks for your input (but PE is not the topic), and No this isn't about ME (read the post)... but about the effects mandela (or if you want bad memory) has on people.

Whether ME exists or not it HAS an impact on people.

I have a 19th century dictionary thats 10 times thicker than modern ones. They are writing out meaning, let alone history. They are impacting people alright, less and less.

Sorry for the edits: They ant to change the past so people give up trying to find the truth or disbelieve it when it comes up, because you can't trust anything you read…

thats always been true, by the way.
edit on 1-6-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And I think Dynamically webpages HTML generated by google might also make a good theory for some or maybe all of the ME events. But I do respect your opinion about changed timelines. Although it is hard to imagine

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If you forgot the title of the TV show after its over, the cable menu guide only shows whats coming up, not whats already played.

zzzt… gone. Part of erasing the past is making it all electronic so they can 'edit it' if the need arises. I remember reading in "Gulag Archipelago" that the Soviets didn't make copies of Pravda for sale, they posted them in the square, then took then down. That way the lies they said yesterday are buried, they can say anything they want today and only your memory goes, hey… wait a minute.

The internet is one big erasable data base. I have umpteen videos bookmarked about this or that that are simply, gone…

"This video is no longer available.

Sorry about that.
"
edit on 1-6-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I see ,

I'm not saying in this post the past IS changed. but data of the past COULD HAVE BEEN changed.

Sorry for the edits: They ant to change the past so people give up trying to find the truth or disbelieve it when it comes up, because you can't trust anything you read…

That is more or less the point I wanted to make , that plus the fact that Google makes it quite easy to change 'the past' .
And As a programmer I feel (yes I know thats subjective) that the rate at which data is changed is speeded up (do you smell the CT

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You must be younger. I remember this exact same thing during the Viet Nam war.

They always try to hide or rewrite history. Thats why 'whistle blowers' are so important.

Little glimpses of the truth in a sea of lies.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Little glimpses of the truth in a sea of lies.

For me it's getting quite a big ocean. I came here for the UFO's CT's more or less ignorant of the fact that MSM more or less is distorting the truth about many many subjects.

For me internet it seems is becoming more a tool to manipulate free speech instead of propagate free speech.

i once read 1984 now I'm in the movie

edit on 612016 by frenchfries because: it seems added

top topics

<<   2 >>

join