It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media melting down over Trump referring to a reporter as "sleaze".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Donald Trump's 'sleaze' attack on reporter hits new level of media animosity.

Donald Trump's criticism of the media has reached Nixonian levels — only Trump isn't doing the name-calling in private. He's doing it right to reporters' faces.

On Tuesday, Trump pointed out ABC News reporter Tom Llamas and called him "a sleaze." Llamas' crime? Asking the presumptive Republican presidential nominee to explain why he had misled people about how much money he'd raised for veterans.

During his tirade about the press, he interrupted CNN's Jim Acosta who was asking Trump about his ability to deal with scrutiny, to say sarcastically, "Excuse me, excuse me. I've watched you on TV. You're a real beauty."

With the exception of Ron or Rand Paul, I cant stomach watching nor listening to politicians speak.

I dont think Ive ever seen a person use their hands as much as Trump. Its incredibly distracting.

With regards to this latest media melt down, apparently Trump engaged in name calling once again.

As much as I dislike Trump and every other candidate (with the exception of Johnson), I am enjoying his treatment of the media.

The media routinely engages in personal attacks and name calling, sometimes its done subtly thru implications and innuendo.

Its not classy nor Presidential (kind of childish) but this is the first time that theyve gotten a taste of their own medicine and they HATE IT.

edit on 31-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+7 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well you don't become an anchor on a nationally televised and mainstream news source by being a good person, you usually have to be someone who sells themselves to the highest bidder to get that kind of job.

They're all sleaze bags for the most part, selling their journalistic integrity to the establishment in place of bias and propaganda.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
gladtobehere

I love freedom of speech. The Donald may himself be a sleaze. But that doesn't diminish his right to speak his mind.

+8 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Name 5 people in the media who aren't sleaze.

ha

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And thus the Gauntlet was Thrown and the Mike Dropped...

And Now in the midst of the point when he will need the most coverage, he will get Ron Pauled by the Media...

It has Began...

No Trump on the first screen of Fox, you have to scroll down to the latest news small print.
He is front and center ABC, the channel he dissed.
MSNBC Almost every story all negitive
CBS news Front and center, Ratcheting up and double down on the "Sleaze" attack thinking they got blood in the water.
CNN Trying to spill blood trump front and center.

Only one to get it is Fox, How long until the rest follow the Example...

edit on 31-5-2016 by CoBaZ because: News Report

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
LOL

He really told those guys what side their bread is buttered on didn't he.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I think Trump really means what he's saying in that clip. Did you catch the body language?

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Well you don't become an anchor on a nationally televised and mainstream news source by being a good person, you usually have to be someone who sells themselves to the highest bidder to get that kind of job.

They're all sleaze bags for the most part, selling their journalistic integrity to the establishment in place of bias and propaganda.

It hasn't been Journalism for quite some time. It's just programming to hang advertising on; scripted and contrived as entertainment ....the networks have rooms full of media geeks trying to get the jump on the competition for market shares.

It's a business, it's capitalism and the people get what they deserve. Everything, and I do mean everything is about profit and loss.

edit on 31-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
And thus the Gauntlet was Thrown and the Mike Dropped...

And Now in the midst of the point when he will need the most coverage, he will get Ron Pauled by the Media...

And I bet THAT pushes the vote over the top for him.

His "attack" might be a plan.

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Here's the whole 40+ minutes - I watched it last night.

As looking at the screen, the Vet on the RHS talks for about 2-3 minutes (about 15mins in) and absolutely unleashes on the media, way more than Trump - it was beautiful to behold.

Trump articulates what Vet Associations got the $5.6 million too, names names and $$amounts for the media to check out..

It's a good watch, highly recommended.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
It's a good watch, highly recommended.

Thanks for that. I was just about to go and look for it.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

Yes he is a bit like Kim Jong Un, when Elected these "Journalists" will probably just disappear.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

Yes he is a bit like Kim Jong Un, when Elected these "Journalists" will probably just disappear.

My Gawd !!

What ARE you suggesting ?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

He treats anyone who doesn't support him like this and that's because he's a little man on the inside. So as much as I dislike and distrust the MSM he isn't fighting the good battle against them at all. All he does is belittle people because he knows he'll get free air time which is how he won this whole thing. The MSM love him because he gives them ratings. So at the end of the day they love each other.

So don't get it twisted.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Having watched that, and looked at all that is going on, Trump may need to back down on this, cause he will need the fourth estate if he is going to get the public on his side, and a majority of them at that.

Based on this there are several things that can be stated:
He is upset that the media is not treating him like the darling that he believes he is, or celebrating or even heralding him. And it disgusts him to no end, to the point where he is not attacking the very people he needs, as they will either make him look good or very bad.

A lot of this was started when people wanted to know what organizations he donated to, and how much they got. Far too often, some nonprofit organizations were shown to be corrupt and taking peoples money.

What I would like to know, is why did he not provide that information to the media, why keep it a secret? That kind of publicity, showing that he is donating to various veterans organization would give him good publicity and show that he does indeed care for those who were asked to go out and fight and help them out? That kind of publicity would go farther and stick out in peoples minds, and help sway some of the people.

But he did not do that and when it appeared as though he did not do such, then all of the sudden he gets upset and this list appears with numbers? Something does not really seem right, nor does it appear to add up.

We can only sit back and watch, seeing if this continues on, and what happens.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I like to see the media put in their place as much as the next guy, but in this case, Trump acts like he is so utterly infallible -- "how dare you question my veracity and ethics".

They asked questions they had every right - and probably responsibility- to ask and he blew a fuse with his self-righteousness, and as usual let the insulting sophomoric hissy fit commence!

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's another failed attempt of the msm to discredit him. This time an attempt to control the narrative with respect to veterans. Trump once again takes the narrative back and issues the msm which is what people will relate to. The media clearly are not neutral parties here.

+11 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Trump was right, and that was awesome.

The media was totally spinning the whole veteran fundraiser issue, without using common sense and facts, just to sensationalize. Just like they always do.

The media are just not used to getting called out on it. If anything, people who are mistreated by the media go into defense mode, trying to backtrack and explain their way out of things. They are not used to someone like Trump, who goes into full on attack mode right back at them and calls them out on their dishonesty.

It's about time someone burns the media for dishonesty. Journalistic integrity no longer exists.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I don't really see anything different in how Trump is portrayed on the MSM sites right now.
Trump still has several stories on Fox, there are just bigger things going on, like Clinton's problems.
The others are hating on Trump just as much as normal.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
trump isn`t wrong is he?
has it been proven that he misled people about how much money he' raised for veterans?
yeah it is sleazy to ask a question like that,maybe a better question the reporter could have asked is, did you mislead people on how much money you raised for veterans?
The media made the accusations that he misled people based on their 'sources" and this reporter is phrasing the question like it is a proven fact that he misled people.
It`s like asking someone, when did you stop beating your wife? a loaded question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join