It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the more moderate Republicans attempting to take over the Liberterian Party? 

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: CynConcepts

Donald Trump is the best thing that has ever happened for the Libertarians.

Honestly, I would say, so his Hillary! Even if she had to drop out due to criminal charges...Bernie is too far left for most moderates to vote for. Hillary supporters are the moderate Dems. They wouldn't stomach Trump, but a like Johnson/Weld ticket may be more viable option and less queasy at the polls.

Maybe but I don't see many dembs bailing from their party like the GOPers in favor of the Libertarians. If push came to shove the democrats are a bunch of yellow dogs and will support Bernie.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As exhibited by their interference in several states Legislatures?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know, but to me, libertarianism is even LESS moderate than conservative when it comes to issues of government because the libertarian wants to scrap even more of it.

I agree with you, but that is why I created this thread. Something seems to have changed in the Liberterian Party. The convention showed that 50% of their own party don't believe Johnson and Weld are true Liberterians. They (those that voted against them) hold the extremist approach. Basically, it appears the Liberterian party is suffering from the same extreme left and right that the DNC and GOP have been experiencing.
edit on 5 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This ex-Libertarian was into Libertarianism before there was a party. I left the whole scene behind when I realized they would NOT save Amerika. I have suspected for years that the Repugnicans took over the Libs at some point.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Someone needs to take it over. I'd hate for all the interstates to become toll roads.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Donald Trump is the best thing that has ever happened for the Libertarians.

Honestly, I would say, so his Hillary! Even if she had to drop out due to criminal charges...Bernie is too far left for most moderates to vote for. Hillary supporters are the moderate Dems. They wouldn't stomach Trump, but a like Johnson/Weld ticket may be more viable option and less queasy at the polls.

Maybe but I don't see many dembs bailing from their party like the GOPers in favor of the Libertarians. If push came to shove the democrats are a bunch of yellow dogs and will support Bernie.

You could be correct. I am biased on this perspective. When I went to the state primary last March...I was tossing a coin between Kasich and Bernie. Kasich won my vote then. I don't think I am alone. Bernie supporters are mostly sticking it to the establishment...aka Clinton. If he doesn't get the DNC nod, they are going to look for someone other than Trump. Johnson may very well benefit this election from both sides.

Edit add: Kasich's problem was having a R after his name. Most liked that he was the sanest candidate during the debates. Johnson will have a L. That will be seen as change by the anti-establishment crowds. Even some current a trump supporters may be wooed. So many, are becoming disillusioned that he has not calm down his rhetoric after winning the nomination number.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
Someone needs to take it over. I'd hate for all the interstates to become toll roads.

Two lines of thought on that.

1.) It would suck as we are a heavy commuter family.

2.) It would be a way for you to actually pay for the roads you use.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
This ex-Libertarian was into Libertarianism before there was a party. I left the whole scene behind when I realized they would NOT save Amerika. I have suspected for years that the Repugnicans took over the Libs at some point.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Plenty of people feel disenfranchised by the Republican party, so where are they going to go?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

Two lines of thought on that.

1.) It would suck as we are a heavy commuter family.

2.) It would be a way for you to actually pay for the roads you use.

See? With such a simple issue...why always have an all or nothing approach? Toll roads are awesome, but public roads should still be maintained. I will use the toll roads and pay many times due to they are usually better maintained. I still appreciate the public highways when I don't have the funds available for a certain commute. American government just needs more balance in it's structuring. It is too big now, but a functioning government will still be needed to keep it balanced.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Even some current a trump supporters may be wooed. So many, are becoming disillusioned that he has not calm down his rhetoric after winning the nomination number.

September is still essentially in the distant future. Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking or CT obsession, but Trump will "stumble" along the way to the convention. There are powerful Machiavellian forces that hate Trumps guts and they will never tolerate anyone that believes their own BS. Either he bends over soon or he's SOL.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There are moderate Republicans?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Easier to call them that then the more confused far left disenfranchised Republicans or far-right disenchanted Democrats! The extreme right Repubs are too religious for mainstream America. The extreme left Democrats want to hand out too many freebies at the expense of working Americans. I suppose many have been beginning to call themselves Independents, forced to jump the Party Line fences every election. Yep, just easier to say moderate Republicans. Come up with a better title, let me know. Though, this election is showing that titles and parties are a joke!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Even some current a trump supporters may be wooed. So many, are becoming disillusioned that he has not calm down his rhetoric after winning the nomination number.

September is still essentially in the distant future. Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking or CT obsession, but Trump will "stumble" along the way to the convention. There are powerful Machiavellian forces that hate Trumps guts and they will never tolerate anyone that believes their own BS. Either he bends over soon or he's SOL.

Honestly, I think he already stumbling and doing so on purpose! CT'er here too. I just don't believe he really wants to be President. He has almost completed his mission: what if he came to break up the Republican party and try to make Hillary look like the sane candidate of choice. They just never figured on how much Americans disdain her!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

So, I take it from your statement above, you have decided to just not vote this election? Seriously? This whole election has been a whilwind of controversy and candidates not really fitting in with their 'title' roles. Americans today, more than ever, are attempting to vote on the individual candidates themselves, but stymied on party rules.

If anything, Americans seem to be saying, we want more than just 2 parties! I have no clue if I am biased...most likely, I am. I do know that I cannot say anything afterwards, whether shameful regret, condemnation, or rejoice...if I do not give voice via my vote in our election this year. One could smugly say they didn't vote for a candidate...but reality, that means you had no say at the time and cannot complain afterwards!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Bolding my effect.

So do you think even the Bushes may send some support to the Liberterian Party to quash Trump's chances? True, it seems they are more corporate friendly in ideology than Clinton appears to be...( she is just a sell out)! Then again, she may be cheaper in the political stage of $$$. Hmmm.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who knows?

I don't want to get all woo woo here but I believe Skull and Bones play a much bigger role than we can possibly imagine.

Bohemian grove, Masons, in fact all male dominated secret societies don't just come together to get ******up on alcohol and brotherly camaraderie.....

sorry, I did get all woo woo, didn't I?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You know what I'm talking about don't you...

A response would be cool....

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Who knows?

I don't want to get all woo woo here but I believe Skull and Bones play a much bigger role than we can possibly imagine.

Bohemian grove, Masons, in fact all male dominated secret societies don't just come together to get ******up on alcohol and brotherly camaraderie.....

Honestly, I am clueless on those type of woowoo conspiracies. Wasn't ignoring you, just experiencing extremely spotty Internet service.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Who knows?

Honestly, I am clueless on those type of woowoo conspiracies. Wasn't ignoring you, just experiencing extremely spotty Internet service.

Sorry, In case you are interested however.....

www.oilempire.us...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No.

Mainstream republicans don't want to massively reduce government(removing the IRS and multiple government departments is pretty big). Libertarians DO want to massively reduce government.

Mainstream republicans are not for legalizing cannabis,Libertarians believe in ownership of your body.

Mainstream republicans are not for non-interventionism, Libertarians are mostly non-interventionist(Infinite war is against the NAP).
Mainstream republicans are anti-gay marriage, Libertarians are against government banning gay marriage.

Mainstream republicans will not audit the fed,Libertarians are for auditing the fed.

Mainstream republicans want to deport 11 million illegal immigrants. Gary Johnson wants them to stay,pay a fine and backed taxes, and get a work visa.Gary Johnson also welcomes people that want to come to The United States of America legally regardless of their race,religion and ethnic background.
edit on 1-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join