It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police, Direct Entry Superintendent Farts In Spacesuit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Traditionally all British police started at the bottom. That way they learnt the essential skills and knowledge.

As part of the long planned private takeover of British policing, direct entry at superintendent level was introduced.

Direct Entry Superintendents are a way of fast-tracking spooks and military types into influential and powerful positions.

Here's a video from 2013 outlining some of the issues.

Adam Thomson enjoys being in control. He became a direct entry superintendent.

I thoroughly enjoy commanding, . . .
www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

Recently he said what is on the minds of many direct entry superintendents.

Describing the 12 weeks patrolling that direct entry superintendents are required to do alongside constables and sergeants as part of their training, he is reported to have said: “If I was training to be the leader of the council, I wouldn’t be asked to do a few mornings with the bin lorry first.”
www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

Steve White, head of the Police Federation which represents 124,000 constables, sergeants and inspectors, told The Times that the comment had been received “like a fart in a spacesuit”.

No one should underestimate the value of binmen. They provide an essential service.

Adam Thomson denigrates binmen, and the day and night constabulary duties that have helped keep our society more or less stable.

Would someone like this welcome civil unrest as an opportunity to prove himself doing what he thoroughly enjoys?

I believe the risk is too great.

The ex-military direct entry superintendents must be kept on a tight leash.

The spooks will have to be extensively pilloried online by merciless wits.
edit on 28 5 2016 by Kester because: spacing

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
As the saying goes your own farts ain't so bad and if you fart in a spacesuit no one else smells it anyway.

Steve White has no talent for simile.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I believe the world of British policing politics is the spacesuit in question.

Interesting. This brings up the unity of the British policing family. Bad when it leads to 'us and them'. But good when it's supportive.
edit on 28 5 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Then that would be a fart in a spaceship, not a spacesuit.
Entirely different.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Perhaps the Times reporter didn't quite hear it right.

Like a massive Klingon fart in the Starship Enterprise, Captain!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I am dead against any person being able to take a government job on a fast track of any kind. A persons effectiveness at each rung of the ladder, should be measured before they may pass from one to another.

We do not want the dirty handed macro mobsters that have helped steal the world from the majority of its citizens, to be responsible for the maintenance and protection of the very justice and liberty that they make careers out of eroding and taking away.

A thousand of the bitterest curses upon the cur in the article and upon anyone who would seek to take a law enforcement job without putting in the grunt hours.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hear, hear.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

A persons effectiveness at each rung of the ladder, should be measured before they may pass from one to another.

What if my brother in law needs a job? Isn't that different?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Not sure about your old saying. Did you make it up?

There may be a fire hazard.

A study from 1969 entitled Intestinal hydrogen and methane of men fed space diet . . . examines the dangers of letting one rip in an enclosed and pressurized space:

Intestinal bacteria form two gases, hydrogen (H2) and methane (CH4), that could constitute a fire hazard in a closed chamber.
www.themarysue.com...

I suspect this may be Steve White's original inspiration. 00:45

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What if my brother in law needs a job?
BAD fuc*** LUCK!......

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Depends really on the nature of the job.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

There may be a fire hazard.

While I cannot find the full text of the study, the abstract does not actually say that there is such a hazard.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up because it will affect all our lives.

Allow me to correct something many Brits have learned already. Yes once our Bobbies were the very best in the world. They were a respected part of our community but they are not so much today. The reason for this being that for most older Brits the idea of the Police being public servants and protecting the public has undergone a 180* change in perspective for the Police. Now their attitude is "Who can I arrest for whatever today and the public are the enemy and the State and its institutions are the good guys.

If you don't think the above is correct watch how they treat legitimate protestors on a rally - they deprive them of the toilet and kettle them so no one can leave. They even kill innocent people walking past and we have seen Officers using their truncations on small women in the front line and then getting away with it in the courts.

Police numbers have been deliberately cut down thereby making the service very much less efficient - so without the numbers of 'foot soldiers' doesn't matter who you put in charge it won't improve. Also the time its taken to deal with Hillsborough has disgusted the public and killed confidence in the police as a profession - which isn't fair on those not involved in that tragedy.

The banking service bought in 'Career Finished Ex Servicemen' back in the 1960's and firstly they didn't fit in with the rest of the staff whatsoever and were not necessarily competent because, even with training they were square pegs in round holes.

If you think men who have been deliberately career stuffed by an outsider are going to cooperate willingly dream on - why should they? This could well affect good people being recruited because they who will see this as now a bad career because of lack of prospects and being sidelined and then expected to help a newby who will need their hands held in situations they simply don't have the experience to deal with.

The solution to what is a real problem is simply the lack of police training where the force needs expertise in certain areas which I noticed is something the ex police Prof should have postured but clearly felt not necessary for some reason.

I'm also not happy about some American who will be coming with with experience from Detroit etc and its gun-ho policing onto the streets of the UK, simply because the publics are very different and the UK is very culturally diverse with a lot of 'knot-it-alls' who will challenge an American's perspective. It isn't about how good that individual is and they will be good in their own environment, its about acceptance, experience and knowledge of the British streets and crimes which a Bobby learns from the bottom up, as was aptly put in the video.

Surely these people they are considering should be used in an advisory and especially training positions without having to lead the whole protect the institution and property brigade. People do get second degrees and those with potential should be given the opportunity to gain this expertise during their police career. In fact it would help attract more people to this often dangerous and very difficult job. Silly little short courses only go so far.

We already jump start graduates but they still do (if I remember rightly, 2 years on the beat which was considered absolutely necessary and naught has changed, its not a picnic often and I suspect with human rights laws plus our PC sue ya if I can get compo brigade in full swing). Its actually a job that will need far more training that X months in a class room.

Try ringing a Police Station you wait and wait and wait no chance of a squad car roaring down the road in time to stop the crime which us to happen but its deliberate government policy, so protecting the public - don't make me laugh.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

One could worry about your deep interest in farts and their locations.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In the British Army you can leave school...(usually a private school) and become a Second lieutenant after a few months training at Sandhurst...Pretty much the same thing. In saying that most of those who go through Sandhurst have came from a Military background...

Example: Prince William and Harry. Sons of Famous Warrior and all round Hard Bastard, Charles "Chuckles" Windsor.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I think you hit it on the head its those placed and promoted by the elite who have risen through the ranks because of of their agenda of pure governmental protection at the heart of their actions that will be recruited. That's simply because the elite have been exposed and sooner or later some ex SAS gent will decide to do a little culling of the predators who are ruining the country and quite frankly, the sooner the better ,as I am sick of men like Dr Kelly suddenly experiencing an early death and not from a car crash or illness etc.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Hey. Don't blame me.
It's the headline of this thread.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

One could say funny how suddenly Royal Duty can end what could have been a career. The closest some of those escalated through Sandringham will get is putting on some fancy uniform and strolling past a lot of genuine armed forces personnel at inspection time.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I remember direct entry police recruits. I say so as a previous employment being an O.I,C. of a police college. It was a weird thingy. Those who had no absolute policing experience except in the civilian learning and development used their university accomplishments verses going through the 6 months police course inclusive of physical fitness tests.

Tragic thing is I had to salute them and also make my students stand salute them even though they wore no uniform.

These men and women never went into direct front line policing. I guess this was because of their personal degrees in education which lead them and the force to believe they knew what they were talking about.

I personally know one who advocated that there will be no more swearing by training officers in front of recruits. This was inclusive of any remarks that might be termed racist.

How the hell are recruits able to learn unless they are confronted, in training, to what will be expected in the street. Sorry but I left the job shortly after that, I'm institutionalized, and from that time on try my hardest not to offend anyone. I'm a tragic.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

One could worry about your deep interest in farts and their locations
Ha Ha...good one, many of *** posts are full of farts that lack traction only friction....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join