It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Simulated Reality 'Theory'.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There were people who were upset with those who said the Earth was not flat and the sun did not revolve around the Earth.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
There were people who were upset with those who said the Earth was not flat and the sun did not revolve around the Earth.

OH THEM! The "Pave the Earth" proponents, always looking for better extortion opportunities to fund new Cathedral building projects.
edit on 26-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Restricted

How am I suddenly topic of the thread?

I already got a rant dedicated to me...

So Why don't you explain how exactly this is VERY interesting? You like the idea of a "ruler" behind the chaos? Issues to accept life just is, without your mind being the centre of all existence?

I know from personal experience that we are not in control.
There is only the illusion of free will.

Tell me more about that personal experience of subservience and why just an illusion of free will and not the REAL DEAL allowed us?

Ever been psychotic? I recommend every adult experience it at least once.

There is a reason the government doesn't want us tripping on illegals. Therein lies the truth of our existence.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

'___' ? interesting stuff , also a bit scary.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You're making me sad, a bit, somehow.
McKenna was a very smart man, if you didn't already you should check him out.
Free will is a difficult task, but not impossible. While it is true your brain is wired a certain way I believe it is paramount YOU stay in charge.
I had my share of weirdness and think I get where you're coming from, you can't influence what's happening to you, but how you react to it is what sets you apart from the "bad guys".
That's why I consider the simulation theory as so dangerous. It matters you know? This is reality. You matter you're the butterfly causing a storm. Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes, I've seen McKenna's stuff. VERY interesting. He was a very smart, gentle man.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Substances like '___'(N,N-Dimethyltryptamine) hold the key regarding expanding ones consciousness possibly allowing the ability to alter our consciousness and accomplish and understand different aspects of our Human condition otherwise locked away or out of bounds.

Ive been psychotic in the past on numerous different occasions generally down to substance abuse, i dont know whether i would recommend the experience through. The condition certainly carry's with it quite a few foibles, paranoia being the main contender for the crown.

Settled down now with 2 kids and my Mrs, so all the jazz is a decades in my past.

And the reason i imagine our respective governments don't want us "tripping on illegals" is so we don't attempt to remove or own eye with a dull spoon or bite someone else's face off.

After all dangerous drug addled people make poor indentured servants.
edit on 27-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm a lifelong psych patient, so no choice there. However, the awareness that comes with psychosis is unmatched, in my humble opinion.

I'm in the rare percentage of people who has never touched an illegal substance, so I have no experience where that is concerned, however, I've read a great deal about it including Huxley, which is why I draw the comparison.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I wont ague the fact that psychosis certainly offers up a unique perspective but the impairment regarding the rest of our external reality somewhat negates any advantages bestowed. That's just my own opinion of course.

Good for you for staying away from those illicit illegal substances. I was not meaning to suggest that you partaken with such. That would be my own transgression.

As to Aldous Huxley, i enjoyed a few of his books, all through i do find the fellow quite hard to read. Certainly enjoyed his philosophical essay "The Doors of Perception".
edit on 27-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No worries. I didn't take it that way.

Regarding psychotic impairment, I don't see it that way. Many doors were opened.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The device being our organs, where it should be Stimulated Reality, instead of Simulated Reality.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Peeple

How am I suddenly topic of the thread?

I already got a rant dedicated to me...

So Why don't you explain how exactly this is VERY interesting? You like the idea of a "ruler" behind the chaos? Issues to accept life just is, without your mind being the centre of all existence?

I know from personal experience that we are not in control.
There is only the illusion of free will.

Tell me more about that personal experience of subservience and why just an illusion of free will and not the REAL DEAL allowed us?

There is a reason the government doesn't want us tripping on illegals. Therein lies the truth of our existence.

I did not know one could self diagnose at least one experience (otherwise no need to see a professional unless multiple experiences are in the works).
Tripping on illegals; meaning what truth to/of our existence a natural plant affords us? (tells us who we are just by ingesting it)? how funny is that? The plant is smarter than the human..
edit on 27-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
The device being our organs, where it should be Stimulated Reality, instead of Simulated Reality.

That right there is pure gold

Funny and true.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

The plant is merrily growing out there wild for a reason; waiting to be found (twiddling its plant parts) to be harvested by the human. Why do psychotropic plants exist? to help the human achieve enlightenment; they are no accident of nature and yet labeled illegal. Law enforcement needs to CHARGE GOD with the crime of growing illicit substances.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So basically before u when your parent was pregnant with you hence you can't observe her, which means your mom never existed nothing ? Ok now that we have logic out the window? how did Ray Charles play his piano if he never observed it, therefore his piano never existed? therefore the device simulates the sounds of keys playing when we/he thinks he's playing music? also it simulates the stick and every other structure blind people use to notice objects that they cannot observe therefore don't exist? And how many letters is simulation? 10? what's 1+0 = 1? Also starts with the letters si? Which rhymes with eye? Omg which starts with letter E the fifth letter of the alphabet, plus that other 1+0 we had so 5+1+0= 6? tripled because telemundo spent $3billion over 3 years to have the sheeple believe 3 is a lucky number but is actually unlucky multiplied by the word eye which is 3 letters and on top of the pyramid? =666?
edit on 30-5-2016 by ssenerawa because: none given

edit on 30-5-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join