It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Now Loses to Trump in Polls. Bernie Sanders Beats Trump by 10.8 Points.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't trust these early polls. I can't see how Sanders, would beat Trump, either. He is essentially the left-most candidate who has promised to raise taxes so he can give away free stuff. In that sense he's just like Trump, promising stuff he can't really do without Congress. Trump is NOT going to build a wall and Sanders is NOT going to make college free. These promises, on both sides, are empty ones pandering to emotion. The fact is Sanders has done nothing after decades in Congress, and Trump doesn't even have a political record to scrutinize.

But overall Sanders is a far left candidate and Trump is middle-of-the-road and not a right wing conservative at all. I do not believe the entire country is willing to move that far left. The people who don't pay taxes anyway will be fine with Sanders' promises of more welfare, but the people who actually pay for these programs are not going to be fine with it at all and they won't do it, particularly when Trump starts hammering on what Sanders has said.

Then we have the Huffington Post, which just "celebrated their diversity" like this:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's a lot of sexy white ladies on that board. Looks like I need to get a job at the Huffpo.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Trumps ideas change on the day of the week or audience he is catering to.

Not true (and seriously, you think HE panders? The guy who basically alienates key demographics?)

I'm not talking about press soundbites like just the wall, etc. Simply google on his book, and you'll see the same concrete ideas, over and over again in his talking points for over a decade. Same key items and plans. (details of these are linked below)

Foreign Interventions Must Require Cost-Sharing Plans to Reduce U.S. Costs and Guarantee Veterans and Their Families Are Protected

Pass NOPEC Legislation to Break OPEC’s Grip on Energy Prices

Crack Down on China’s Currency Manipulation by Calculating Taxes on Imports Based on How Much a Manufacturing Country’s Currency is Undervalued

Spur Job and Wealth Creation through a 5-Point Tax Plan (details on link below)

Finish the Border Fence (the Wall), Boot Out Criminal Illegals, and Reform America’s Legal Immigration System

(I happen to think that the last part is really all that is needed here. End this whole citizen by birth nonsense, as it is an incentive for illegal migration, and of course the family benefits that come with said citizenship).

If you want the details on these: www.breitbart.com...

Add in newer ideas such as scrapping and rebuilding ACA, because it was drafted by insurance companies, not in the best interests of the people. Ask Hillary, and she'll say nothing major is wrong with Obamacare.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Like I said if its between Hillary and Trump I would have to take Trump.

A Bernie vs Trump I lean more towards Bernie in the hopes of getting the majority focused on corruption.

I have a hard time not seeing trump as a con man and I don't see him bringing focus to our number 1 issue "corruption" like Bernie. To me the best thing I see coming out of this election cluster F , is bringing focus to corruption as issue number 1.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

"Isn't Huffingtonpost a left leaning source as well?"

LMAO, you're kidding by asking that, right? Seriously, its no more leftist than Salon or The Atlantic.

Sheeesh, really.

If you can't identify the Leftist propaganda outlets any better than this, you seriously need to work on your filtering process.

But as to the poll? What a friggin' joke that is. LEARN, you can design a poll to return any result you want and then publish it as a poll result. This is a poll designed to produce the result that Bernie wants............it was designed to meet his parameters. You can tell its baloney because it has Sanders over Trump. Sanders is the one candidate Trump could beat, (maybe), because Sanders doesn't resonate with the minorities, theweek.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

LMAO, you're kidding by asking that, right? Seriously, its no more leftist than Salon or The Atlantic. Sheeesh, really.

No need to get so worked over for such a question.

I don't typically read Huffingtonpost and always assumed them to be a left leaning source. Hence the reason I was surprised that they were thrashing the MSM and DNC darling Hillary and favouring Bernie as the better candidate.

If you can't identify the Leftist propaganda outlets any better than this, you seriously need to work on your filtering process.

Obviously unlike yourself I don't have any political bias and I don't solely put weight on the source as a reason to dismiss a story.

Sometimes you have to look at the facts being presented before dismissing solely based the sources. Besides that, all MSM online sources are biased on way or another and the truth is often reading between the line.

But as to the poll? What a friggin' joke that is. LEARN, you can design a poll to return any result you want and then publish it as a poll result.

So you provide an old poll to dismiss a new poll, LOL? Nobody is saying anything about polls being legit or accurate.

Again what I found interesting was not the poll. I don't disagree with how the polls are skewed or irrelevant, but what I find intriguing is the overall trend. The over all trend is now shifting from Hillary winning to trailing even on Left leaning sources.

edit on 28531America/ChicagoMon, 23 May 2016 15:28:52 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe I'm dense today, or I just haven't spent a minute or two figuring it out, but I'm not getting the math on these polls.

If Bernie is beating Trump by a big margin, and Trump and Hillary are neck and neck, why is Bernie not beating Hillary?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

I guess the poll questions are just pitting two candidates (Bernie or Hillary vs. Trump) at a time against each other and not the 3?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I can't see how Sanders, would beat Trump, either. He is essentially the left-most candidate who has promised to raise taxes so he can give away free stuff.

JEEZUS PLEEZUS enough with the "Free Stuff"!
FFS, he's not promising "Free Stuff!" What the hell is wrong with you people? EVERYONE'S taxes would help pay for the Health Care and K-16 Education that EVERYONE would benefit from! What do you not get about this?

How do you not get it????

You pitch in a bit toward health care. The government holds it in escrow. When ANYONE needs a shot or brain surgery, the government pays for it.

It isn't rocket science, Schuyler. And you are smarter than that. Please stop with the lies and misrepresentations. Enemy or not, you are making things worse.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Some shady stuff going on. There are not that many Hillary supporters for her to come close to leading over Trump like she was. I guess it depends "which" poll also.

iTruthSeeker

not that many?....just because they don't shoot their mouth off every time they get butt hurt, doesn't mean your assumption is correct
to me, every time I hear someone say they support Trump, I hear instead "i support the most ignorant candidate"

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Excellent points and questions!

XP100 - sounds like an old Texas Instruments calculator...????

I think the polls are kinda lame - only a few hundred people here and there in one 10-minute period, with accuracy only up to 5 points +/-

...that is really really not statistically meaningful at all. It is far too easy to stack, pick, choose, ignore results....
unfortunately polls are sketchy. Even peer-reviewed polls and studies are routinely dismissed as quackery (which they should be).

But IMO, Bernie isn't "winning" because the superdelegate thing is always hanging there....like "Door Number Three!". And we won't see inside until the convention.

More and more I feel like this is all scripted and orchestrated and a production of monumental proportions - Trump is going to just walk away into the manhattan smogset, Hillary will put a bag over her head and never be in public again, and Bernie will be ushered into the white house.

(Well, that's my fantasy anyway).... (sorry, you caught me daydreaming)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XP100
Maybe I'm dense today, or I just haven't spent a minute or two figuring it out, but I'm not getting the math on these polls.

If Bernie is beating Trump by a big margin, and Trump and Hillary are neck and neck, why is Bernie not beating Hillary?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

I guess the poll questions are just pitting two candidates (Bernie or Hillary vs. Trump) at a time against each other and not the 3?

LOL its a cluster F all around.

Its the same math the GOP was using to claim cruz was the better candidate to beat hillary despite Trump consistently beating cruz .

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't disagree with how the polls are skewed or irrelevant, but what I find intriguing is the overall trend. The over all trend is now shifting from Hillary winning to trailing even on Left leaning sources.

Unfortunately, I still think that she will likely get the win simply because she is a proven Corporate prostitute. However, this gives me hope that maybe there is a .01% chance I could be wrong and even the lobbyist and MSM will turn on her.

I agree it is possible, however the US has a fairly large population base, I would say around 150 million adults. Most of those adults more than likely feel disenfranchised. Better still, they have guns. What is going to happen when they knowingly get cheated, read Hillary in the white house? I am not one to promote violence as I have done more than my fair share supported by governments, but I do have two cases of popcorn and a place far far out of harms way to watch the highly probable ensuing nightmare. I hope, I really do for the sake of all Americans that the PTB, congressional whores, political prostitutes and their handlers don't make the wrong decision.

I see a highly probable and perfect storm coming.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

LOL its a cluster F all around.

Its the same math the GOP was using to claim cruz was the better candidate to beat hillary despite Trump consistently beating cruz .

this is why we Hillary voters don't talk much about the Trump voters. it's simply not worth it, if they cannot see it for themselves, it's useless for us to engage them.
edit on 23-5-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If Bernie is beating Trump by a big margin, and Trump and Hillary are neck and neck, why is Bernie not beating Hillary? I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

Because Hillary is the establishment's candidate. In reality, Sanders IS beating Clinton, and has been...but the DNC has blatantly cheated (and been caught at it, even on video) during the process.

In Kansas, the machines miraculously came up with 2000 more votes for Hillary (in an acknowledged malfunction) that put her over the top. In Nevada, the chair opted for a verbal vote and then simply ignored the outcome. More shenanigans in Ohio as well. Time after time. I'm sure the GOP has had some shady ones as well, especially those designed to oust Trump....but it goes to show you just how corrupt the process is. Seriously, Google on any of these examples, and see the video for yourself if you doubt it. It's rather eye-opening, and disgusting.

Remember too, NONE of this primary stuff has much of ANYTHING to do with law. This is simply two parties deciding their own internal processes, so nothing really illegal here...not until you get into the general election....so really, there isn't much risk for those cheating the system.

this is why we Hillary voters don't talk much about the Trump voters

Ah yes, the champion of child rapists.... So, we don't talk about that much either.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I see a highly probable and perfect storm coming.

I go back and forth on that ,but tend to think nothing will really happen.

I think the people are to passive and willing to accept what is fed to them so they can dedicate more time to the kardasians or pay their bills . They will swallow this and what ever the MSM , DNC, and the GOP continues to feed them.

Just like the GOP did when they pissed all over the free market and actually convinced individual republicans that using tax payers money to pick the winners and looser of the market was a good thing.

Its really shocking how they manipulate the masses.

I think the next presidential cycle will be the year the govt goes full retard on the internet and you will see a decline of the coordinated anger you see today towards the govt.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

really.....that was her job....are you that ignorant of how our court system works?...all suspected criminals have a constitutional right to a lawyer....I guess you don't believe in that

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The over all trend is now shifting from Hillary winning to trailing even on Left leaning sources.

That is indeed interesting as trends go.

Hilary does, it seem, have some issues with the left wing of the DNC.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

In Kansas, the machines miraculously came up with 2000 more votes for Hillary (in an acknowledged malfunction) that put her over the top.

Yeah, so - was just cruising by - and so much nope. NO. Nuh uhh. Liar. Boo.

Sanders won this one, 2 to 1 basically

Kansas caucus
Last updated May 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM CT

Sanders (won)
23 delegates
67.7% of votes
totaling 26,450

Clinton (erm, no)
10 delegates
32.3% of votes
totaling 12,593

So, please stop with the lies.
Please.

www.google.com...=kansas%20primary%202016&eob=m.0488g/D/2/short/m.0488g/
edit on 5/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

"Isn't Huffingtonpost a left leaning source as well?"

LMAO, you're kidding by asking that, right? Seriously, its no more leftist than Salon or The Atlantic.

Sheeesh, really.

But as to the poll? What a friggin' joke that is. LEARN, you can design a poll to return any result you want and then publish it as a poll result. This is a poll designed to produce the result that Bernie wants............it was designed to meet his parameters. You can tell its baloney because it has Sanders over Trump. Sanders is the one candidate Trump could beat, (maybe), because Sanders doesn't resonate with the minorities, theweek.com...

Last year huffpo said they were putting all things Trump in the entertainment section.

So yeah, they might be lefty.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Ahhh, but could bernie beat hillary in the general?

That's the real question!

bernie will take cali!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join