It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bentonite clay... ever use it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Bentonite clay... ever use it?

Yesterday I went to a tourist town with my sisters and I found this shop nestled in amongst the bigger well known stores in the area. It was quaint and unobtrusive in appearance...inviting. I think it was the scents that you smelled when you walked by its doors that got me to pause and take notice of it at first. Otherwise, I probably would've of just walked right past it, not knowing what treasures it held within.

It was an herbal shop. As soon as you walked through the door your senses were assaulted by the smells of the place. At first it was overwhelming, but after a short time, as you worked your way deeper into the store, the smell lessoned and you concentrated more on what they had for offer instead.

Anyhow, we spent a fairly long time in there.. discovering the different herbs and how they worked. The air plants I found fascinating and all the mud's, salves, and beauty supplies they had in there. It would take a life time to become knowledgeable about all the things each Herb or natural product does for you. In the end, I just picked up some clay masks and a facial moisturizer.. My sister ..well, she bought a ton of stuff.

So, this morning I used one of the masks.. and while I'm sitting here waiting for it to dry (no, I'm not taking any pics to show you) I decided it would be a good thing to research it and find out what the mud/clay is supposed to do.

As a side note.. all of these products are capable of being used internally as well as externally. You can mix them with yogurt or anything really and ingest them. But I'm not really ready for all that yet..

Bentonite clay was the one I used today. It's formed from volcanic ash and has many, many useful properties to it. While I'm sitting here with it on my face, I can feel it pulling the dirt and toxins from my pores. It is really strong, not like the products you get from the store.

Some interesting benefits to using it:

Bentonite clay has a very strong negative electrical charge. Since many toxins have a positive charge, the clay bonds to them. When it comes in contact with a toxin, heavy metal, chemical, or other impurity, the clay will gobble up the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use. In addition, Bentonite clay also pulls hydrogen from cells, allowing room for oxygen. This helps with circulation, and overall skin tone and health.

Bentonite clay can be used to rebuild damaged skin tissue. Activated bentonite clay assists in healing and regenerating skin tissue. The clay also helps to rejuvenate skin naturally and reduce fine lines and wrinkles while fighting bacteria and infection.

I just wiped the mask off from my face and I can tell you...all the things it is said to do, it did for me. In just one use I can see a major difference in the look and the feel of my skin. And I'll be buying this one again.

But I didn't really want this to be about the masks or a product. I truly was more interested in how it seems that we, as humans, are always trying to make something that will help us look/feel/be better then we do. Mixing chemicals, additives, putting artificial stuff into our food and water... when really, it seems as though everything we need may be already provided to us from the very soil on which we walk upon.

I kind of find it amazing that a lot of times (not all, but a lot) when it comes to natural ailments, the Earth seems to give us everything we need in order to fix them. All the cures are there, within its vastness, just waiting to be discovered. Some of them waiting to be rediscovered, lost from times long past when we were more in sync with the world.

The idea that dirt.. the very ground we walk upon is filled with so much that can benefit you... that a simple leaf from a tree or salve from the bark of one can help heal a wound.. that the scent of flowers carried on the breath of the wind can calm you, excite you, energize you.. that the very weather affects your mood. All those things.. I just find it all fascinating.

I have 3 more bags of dirt to try out... all of them are supposed to have healing or beneficial properties to them. I really hope they all work like they are said to.. because I like the thought of it all. The thought that we are so connected to this planet and that it has all the things we need to sustain us... mentally, physically and emotionally within it.

As always thanks for reading.. I appreciate that you took the time to do so.

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 23-5-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I came here thinking this was about rocketry. I was not aware it was also used as a facial mask. Maybe next time I'm making rocket engines I'll also have a facial mask

ETA: You do realize that really cheap, unscented, boring old kitty litter is 100% pure bentonite clay right? It's what I buy when I need it, $2.99 for about 10lbs of it at walmart.
edit on 23-5-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes I agree with you the nature is full of goodies, yesterday I replanted 12 aloe plats that I had planted in the wild two years ago and brought the new version back in to my garden. They are an amazing plant for healing also, I eat it fresh daily with a small peice of garlic. Not sure what benefits exactly I am getting, but my intuition tells me its more than worth the effort. Our skin is like an enourmous sponge and loves to absorb minerals that were not getting from our diet. Yesterday I took a large fungus type growth of the bark of a tree, ground it down with a cheese grater and spread it as food all around the flower beds. Also I am making a compost tea out of nettle and a few other herbs that grow around. Use what is allready around seems to be the motto for me, two years ago no worms now there everywhere. Yipee.a reply to: blend57

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Good read!

I especially like the part where you waited till after it was on your face to research it

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think it can be used with coconut oil and arrowroot to make natural deodorant.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I would advise caution.
It's a main component of Fuller's Earth, an industrial degreasing agent
Might make your skin dry....

Cheers

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It's been used as a facial mask for a long time. I have used it since the seventies. It draws out impurities and excess oils.
It itches as it dries and pulls at the skin. Rinses off easily and keeps for a long time. Most clay masks sold in drugstores contain bentonite clay.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: C8H10N4O2

I came here thinking of borehole fillings for geothermal uses.. Wasn't aware of that facial thing, too.

Bentonite is some wonderful stuff. And those negative electrical charges seem to be real. Fascinating.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It's recommended for active adolescent skin mostly.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: C8H10N4O2

Multi-tasking..

Honestly.. I never have been into masks or any of this stuff. I had no idea .. and apparently, I still don't. Sounds like this one type of dirt could afford me hours of reading and discovering. (didn't know it was used in making rocket engines) Thanks for responding..and giving me some more information to read about. I appreciate it!

a reply to: ancientthunder

I drink aloe vera juice whenever I can find it. Love that stuff! Sounds like you are a pool of knowledge on this stuff.. I dunno if you have started any threads on all that (I'll look) but if you haven't.. I certainly would be interested in learning more from you...

a reply to: In4ormant

Lol.. I trust my sisters.. that's why I tried it without researching it. Otherwise I would've read about it before I used it..But, I did luck out.. as I said.. I noticed a positive change in my skin immediately.

a reply to: knoxie

Thank you for the info.. I guess I'll put that on my list to try..

a reply to: M5xaz

Wow... Fuller's Earth Wiki

Decontamination: Fuller's earth is used by military and civil emergency service personnel to decontaminate the clothing and equipment of servicemen and CBRN (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear) responders who have been contaminated with chemical agents.[10]

*gulp*

Thanks for all the information.. interesting how many different uses one thing can have.. I appreciate all the information and everyone taking time to read and write out a response. Thank you!

blend57

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't know how different it is from kaolin, aka Georgia white dirt, but I imagine it would be about the same. In the following video people eat kaolin.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nice thread blend!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I make large sugar rockets and use Bentonite as containment. It packs very well....

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It makes me think of this:

Which then just makes my laugh at my sister.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have used it to make "green sand" for metal casting.

Never thought of putting it on my face...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
I have used it to make "green sand" for metal casting.

Never thought of putting it on my face...

Been there. Still doing that.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

hah! that guy looks just like Simon Pegg with long hair. Funny that.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
anyways, i have a few tips for those interested.

I've been using bc for a while now, and have discovered a few things you can use it for.

- Mix it with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, it mixes so much better and will come out to a smooth consistency.

-Put it on tooth aches, it sucks the poison out incredibly fast, it really does work well, and the pain vanishes within about 15 mins. nor does it come back for mths, atleast thats been my experience.

-And of course a clay mask.

Side note: Diatomaceous Earth is good for getting rid of parasites, it tastes like dirt but it's very good for you as it's full of Silica highly needed by the human body.

And thanks for the great info
S/F

edit on 5/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join