It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autogynephilia: The Elephant in the Transgender Bathroom

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Have to ask this question and probably won't get an answer.

Why are woman exploited and subjugated more the more conservative a religion is?

Why are gay and trans children abused, raped, bullied and discriminated against by far more often in religeous communities particularly in the South and NW conservative States?

Strange and actual statistical data can be referenced with this.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Start with HB2, North Carolina, go from there.

No, you haven't mentioned any laws ... merely blathered on about totalitarianism and freedom with no reference to the real world. Catch up with the discussion and perhaps expose yourself to some of the facts underpinning the issues you're opining about.

The only mentally confused folks I see here are the ones, like yourself, who continue to deny a) reality b) medical science c) legal precedence in favor of your own blatant (and mistaken) prejudices.

Bla-ta-bla. Perhaps after you've actually discovered the facts of what we're discussing here, you'll have something of value to say?

I don't hold out a great deal of hope of course, but ...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Gryphon66

What is that even supposed to be? Oh, are you implying I'm gay now? Ironic that you would stoop to such lows, using gayness as a bait to try and insult me.

Either way it is pathetic and grasping at straws if anything. You have one question about a weird behaviour in the gay community and you start inferring fantasies based on that? Very rigorous analysis of yours. I don't know if this is your way of hitting on me, trying to see if I'm into that kind of thing? I'm sorry but you must be projecting. I can see where all the holes in your narrative stems from.

Ridiculous insinuation, akin to me telling you that you're probably gay or trans by virtue of association. Well, actually.. progressives are whiny, weak and feminine. Hell, you guys even make it a virtue.

Implying that you're gay? Oh, heavens forbid. No, you're just observably fascinated with gay issues.

Obsessed even.

Insult you? Oh that's rich. You're the one plying ad hominem on the edge of our community rules here.

More projection.

Speaking of projection, your commentary on "progressives" is simply fabulous.

Keep going. You're proving a point you don't even comprehend. LOL

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Have to ask this question and probably won't get an answer.

Why are woman exploited and subjugated more the more conservative a religion is?

Why are gay and trans children abused, raped, bullied and discriminated against by far more often in religeous communities particularly in the South and NW conservative States?

Strange and actual statistical data can be referenced with this.

Well, consider what's happened here in this thread. The OP was a cavalcade of half-truths, misrepresentations and obvious glaring mistakes. Virtually every post since attacking Trans* rights and even suggestions for greater security and privacy for all are ignored in order to continue the same tired, ignorant diatribes ...

The core issue is either rank ignorance, blatant dishonesty, or both. I'd love to see the actual issues here (greater safety for all) addressed, but instead of that, we have folks posting their own confusions about their own identities all over.

If it were not so sad, it would be funny.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am working on a major essay right now. Not sure if I will post it here. It's basically a questioning if a second Protestant movement is necessary . basically a call to the moderate and spiritual Christians to reject the hatred and discrimination. Basically using the statistical data available showing the strong correlation of religious conservatism and the subjugation of woman and abuse of children.

I don't hate religion. I am actually very tolerant, so much so that when I defend Christians against Atheists on ATS I get called an apologist.

If you have obsessed over the life of others and forget to practice the true purpose of Christianity. The study of the self and controlling actions and impulses and becoming closer to God.

Can't really do that focusing on everyone else. Hence why meditation has also become a lessor part of many Christian faiths in America.

I think it's fine to not like transgenders and homosexuals in terms of living and being in society. However one has to realize those views can not represent any kind of legal aspect to society. By constitutional definition.

The same reason we know bloodletting isn't a good medical practice we should also know through science and discovery that homosexual and transgender people being diagnosed as ill, deviant, or dangerous is also a damging policy. Our decisions of law were without a doubt based in reason and as our discovery becomes greater we are obligated to change falicious premises.

I may not post it here in fear of being hacked or associated with the essay and my personal information when I release the final draft in a more public forum.

One of the most heated discussions I had on ATS for seem reason I was hacked. Could be paranoid but we have quite a few programmers here.

edit on 26-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I am working on a major essay right now. Not sure if I will post it here. It's basically a questioning if a second Protestant movement is necessary . basically a call to the moderate and spiritual Christians to reject the hatred and discrimination. Basically using the statistical data available showing the strong correlation of religious conservatism and the subjugation of woman and abuse of children.

I don't hate religion. I am actually very tolerant, so much so that when I defend Christians against Atheists on ATS I get called an apologist.

If you have obsessed over the life of others and forget to practice the true purpose of Christianity. The study of the self and controlling actions and impulses and becoming closer to God.

Can't really do that focusing on everyone else. Hence why meditation has also become a lessor part of many Christian faiths in America.

I think it's fine to not like transgenders and homosexuals in terms of living and being in society. However one has to realize those views can not represent any kind of legal aspect to society. By constitutional definition.

The same reason we know bloodletting isn't a good medical practice we should also know through science and discovery that homosexual and transgender people being diagnosed as ill, deviant, or dangerous is also a damging policy. Our decisions of law were without a doubt based in reason and as our discovery becomes greater we are obligated to change falicious premises.

I may not post it here in fear of being hacked or associated with the essay and my personal information when I release the final draft in a more public forum.

Well, as one of the atheists that may have castigated you in the past ... you have my apology.

I do get passionate about issues, as you may have noticed.

I grew up in the church. I can agree with you, first hand, that the Churchianity we see today is not what I grew up with.

I'll remind you of the Bible verse about pearls and swine ... and suggest that you retain full ownership rights on anything you intend to publish.

But send me a link ... when you publish ... if we're both "still here" LOL.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Don't tell me I'm arguing for totalitarian laws then. Backtrack... Ok, fine.

There is nothing of value to say, the debate is a red herring. There is no value in it, there never was a problem big enough to be worth discussing in the first place. There's dozens of issues more worthy of discussion.

Another lie, more handwaving bull# from you. I don't really give a crap about gay issues, their struggle is simply a facet of the brainwashing accompanying the cultural Marxism inundating the West. It's just another made up dialectic struggle to divide and occupy jojo's like yourself from effecting any real type of change.

Meanwhile, the globalists are consolidating their power and actualising their long term plans. You don't even realize how trivial this discussion is in comparison. These issues doesn't matter in the face of an oligarchy that are selling their people out a hundred different ways. You're like emotional children running around whining about the most banal things, headless chicken.. you actually believe in the efficacy of modern democracy as anything but a dog and pony show meant to placate you. Well, keep thinking your an adult that gets to sit at the adult table and make decisions, in reality everything is decided for you by your masters.

You whine about trivial gender issues and other made up conflicts, they legislate away your freedoms, you labour at your job, they pass TTIP type laws. You think you're clever, they bring down the World Trade Center towers under your nose and in your face and you don't even have the common sense to realize it.

There's no worth in talking with you. You're just another docile cog in the wheel. Keep playing with the shiny toys of your masters, your newspeak, your "clever" relativism and your social constructs. Makes you feel intelligent, parroting the default standard of the MSM media and a billion other people.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Well, as one of the atheists that may have castigated you in the past ... you have my apology.

I do get passionate about issues, as you may have noticed.

I grew up in the church. I can agree with you, first hand, that the Churchianity we see today is not what I grew up with.

I'll remind you of the Bible verse about pearls and swine ... and suggest that you retain full ownership rights on anything you intend to publish.

But send me a link ... when you publish ... if we're both "still here" LOL.

I have a fear we have an inordinate amount of hackers here with some really messed up Headspace's. A few bad apples not saying it's common.

I was in a debate about Muslims not long ago and same day one of my hardrives was infiltrated. The hardrives had clients music I was recording on it. So now I keep it all on an external drive.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

No interest in discovering the facts of the matter being bloviated about? Check.

Good. You've declared that the matter is of no moment ... to you. Why keep posting about it? Why the obsession?

Your standard NWO cant is garden-variety. I agree there's no value in conversation. You avoid facts and your content is merely personal, off-topic projection.

I keep forgetting, I'm ignoring you because of these kinds of hysterics. Thanks for the reminder.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thats unfortunate to hear.

Extremely unfortunate.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Thats unfortunate to hear.

Extremely unfortunate.

Hopefully just paranoia. Unpublished music getting out (don't do major artists or anything but you never know who can write a song people like) is pretty much like sewing a sponge back up in someone's head after brain surgery.

Off topic.

Sorry.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't have the time to waste on reading up on this insipid trash, I only present the context behind your slavish defence of any and all notions currently considered progressive by the mainstream media.

Ironic because everything you ever type is garden variety.

Replying a few times to a thread is obsession now, ok.. let's count your replies in this thread.

Only 4 pages of replies, oh man.. you want to talk about projecting? That's compared to my SIX replies. You can't be real. Let's follow your model and make vapid inferences; someone's in love with trans people and is projecting his obsession on others because of self-esteem issues. Yeah, let's go with that, sounds about right.

I'm out

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Taa taa.

In more interesting news ...

Associated with the legal issues in this case, 11 States filed suit yesterday in Federal court challenging the Obama Administrations guidelines for Title IX adherence in regard to Trans* kids.

This will greatly accelerate the legal process and hopefully produce even more legal precedence for equal rights (and of course, increase safety and privacy for all students (as the Administration's guidelines were intended to do).

So many in the discussion seem very confused between the Administration's letter and the North Carolina law, I felt this might help clarify the matters at hand.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I started out in this thread sharing that the 1st time I ever heard the term Autogynephilla was from a very kind woman who was born a man.....here is what it boils down to me......having the "soul" of the opposite sex / gender is a complex issue....She did tell me that she was beat up as a young "male"..and man that broke my heart to hear......and probably if we think it through trans males are pretty vulnerable to violence from straight males in public bathrooms....IDK...that's what makes this whole AGP group of males so hard to understand......Narcissists suffer quite a bit, and if you end up loving one it sucks......but at the end of the day , there is a BIG difference between having the "soul" of the opposite sex and a sexual fetish to be the opposite sex...and actually I think it's possible that young males are at most risk in this twisted game.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So ... what have we learned.

There is a sexual fetish (or paraphila) called autogynephilla.

This is tangentially related (at best) to various gender identities (such as Trans*, non-binary, genderqueer, etc.)

There is no MEDICAL evidence of a direct relationship between trans* identities and autgynephilia EVEN according to the concepts originator, Dr. Ray Blanchard.

The primary concerns we should all be concentrating on here are greater safety and privacy for ALL people of all genders.

The only twisted games or dark side agendas that are evident here are those from the political side that is trying to legislate gross invasions of privacy and return millions of Americans to second-class citizen status.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: MikeA
I asked a civil question . I thought all the statists are for collective rights what's right for the majority. At best this is radical social engineering and you are part of it. Cultural Marxism . Radical social justice warriors always know what's right don't they and always resort to extreme name calling intimidation. I see right through you.

Wow you see right through me what a shocker. Everyone I know can see just where I come from because I speak my mind. I don't talk about people behind their back, nor do I react to something because of what someone told me might happen. I also don't believe I attacked you directly, but I do find it funny that you took it that way. To me that says something about what you truly think of yourself. I think of myself as an open minded fair person willing to admit when I'm wrong, ARE YOU ?

Lets find out. Your wrong about it being what's right for the majority. To pass a law that violates the civil rights of one person just because a second person is afraid of what MIGHT happen even though it NEVER has, that is the crime. Civil rights apply to EVERYONE or they are meaningless. If you can't see that then I feel sorry for you, and more so for any child you might raise because that child will likely grow up afraid of all kinds of things that aren't even there.

I also must say that I tend to find that most people only get pissed off and attack someone on a personal level because that person pointed out their flaws, and they realize that they were wrong and don't want to admit it. So I'm sorry if you thought that I was talking about you, but then that's your problem not mine.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This is just so nonsensical. Predators who go into bathrooms don't want to be seen by witnesses, as they will be identified. Think about it. A guy walks into a women's room in plain sight of several people. If he then attacks a woman, the police will be asking witnesses what they saw. Don't you think the witnesses will tell the police about the guy that went in there? That guy is going to be suspect numero uno, and he knows it. Any predator knows they have the best chance of getting away with it if they aren't seen by anyone. This is how predators have dealt with bathrooms since way before any non-discrimination laws for transgender people were passed, and it's how they have and will continue to deal with it after the non-discrimination laws. No witnesses. These laws won't change that.

Apparently, some folks have bought the propaganda line from the rightstream media hook, line and sinker:

They think that there is "some law" being imposed "some where" that says that "any man" can go into any bathroom "any time" and not be questioned, observed, or asked to leave.

Do you know what "law" they think they're talking about? Does anyone else?

Hey gryph here is a very dark list of the worst States for women to live in. These are rapes per capita. See if you see a pattern to which states and what those states moralities are.

I ll just start with the 30 worst places to be a woman.
where rape is most common
By John D. Sutter, CNN

20. Alabama - 26.9
21. Florida - 27.2
22. Rhode Island - 27.4
23. Mississippi - 27.5
24. Illinois - 27.7
25. Maine - 28
26. Iowa - 28.3
27. Kentucky - 29
28. Oregon - 29.2
29. Texas - 29.6
30. Idaho - 30
31. Minnesota - 30.5
32. Tennessee - 31.5
33. Ohio - 31.7
34. Washington - 31.8
35. Utah - 33
36. Nevada - 33.7
37. New Hampshire - 34
38. Arizona - 34.7
39. South Carolina - 35.5
40. Kansas - 36.5
41. District of Columbia - 37.3
42. Montana - 37.7
43. Nebraska - 38.3
44. North Dakota 38.9
45. Colorado - 40.7
46. Oklahoma - 41.6
47. Arkansas - 42.3
48. New Mexico - 45.9
49. Michigan - 46.4
50. South Dakota - 70.2
51. Alaska - 79.7

WOW !!!!!! I can't believe first that anyone would do such a study. Second being a man does NOT mean you plan to rape women. Third if you check that list you will find that a lot of those "rapes" are women who wake up in a mans bed after drinking all night and regret it ( I got drunk and he took advantage of me. ) ( NO I'M NOT SAYING IT DON'T HAPPEN. I'm saying that two people get drunk and have sex it's not rape, it's regret. ) Fourth if a guy thinks of himself as a woman why on earth would you think he would rape another woman. Fifth as far as I know there is no correlation between being a transgender / cross dresser and any kind of sex crime, let alone rape. Lastly I fail to see what any of that has to do with who uses what bathroom. It's a toilet not a bed, no ones asking you to sleep with them, or let them sit in your lap while you pee.

My god people don't we have enough fear laws. I mean any woman can walk into any public bathroom and be attacked as can any man. Far more people are robbed and killed in public bathrooms than are raped, should we then demand that they ALL have an armed guard standing at the door. If you're so afraid of it lock the door. If it has no lock don't use it.

This reminds me of the ban on pot in the 50's. When people were told that smoking pot would make you go insane they were like Hu, What. But when they were told that smoking pot made black men want to rape white women OH MY GOD. White men could not get to the polls fast enough, and white women were scared to death to be in the same room with a black man. Laws should be based, not on the fear of what MIGHT happen, but on what DID happen.

Also I don't like the fact that you seem to think that every man on earth wants to get into your pants. I'm 51 years and have had sex with 2 women in my life. First was my 8th grade girlfriend and the second is my wife that I've been married to since we were 18. Though there are men who brag about 20 or 30 women in their bed the real number is far lower. Men as a hole are no more or less interested in sex than women, we just don't deny the fact. Women it seems like to try and make people think they don't have sex EVER, but if that were true none of us would be here.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Did you actually just make the claim that most of those rapes are just women claiming rape because they got drunk and slept with someone? Come on now.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

WOW !!!!!! I can't believe first that anyone would do such a study. Second being a man does NOT mean you plan to rape women. Third if you check that list you will find that a lot of those "rapes" are women who wake up in a mans bed after drinking all night and regret it ( I got drunk and he took advantage of me. ) ( NO I'M NOT SAYING IT DON'T HAPPEN. I'm saying that two people get drunk and have sex it's not rape, it's regret. )

Your "Third" point is part of the problem, not a solution. Cite any evidence, any study, any statistics, ANYTHING that backs up your contention ... because I say that claim is utter crap. Further, there is NOTHING about your comment that adds anything to this discussion but, rather is directly related to the kind of ignorance and callousness on display here regarding the equal rights of everyone.

So, show us your proof for this claim! Show us that "most women on that list" fake rapes.

If you can't ... THINK about what saying that actually means. I'm hoping that you can admit you misspoke.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

In other words, you refuse to address the issue of this girl's privacy. Shows the facts well.

Yes, it does show the facts.

And the facts are that that you are wrong again.

We've established that the real issue here is the safety and privacy of these public spaces.

That issue is the one that we all need to be looking at, so that everyone can be safer in these places.

No, really, can we go back to your ignoring my posts?

. . . all you and others on your side want to do is complain about the "rights" of people who can't figure out what sex they are.

It's gender, not sex.

Gender is sex.

Gender is what your brain tells you you are.

And if your brain says your gender is not your sex, your brain has something wrong with it. It's a blindingly simply concept.

Not according to science. Genders mentally how you feel and think about your SEX. You know M or F on ANY APPLICATION? It dotn ask GENDER does it? Although you continue to deny what science says about the subject.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join