It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in a choice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is my take on choices. There are more pearls of wisdom that many of you can offer about choices.

The choices we make today are influenced by the choices we made yesterday.
The choices we make tomorrow are influenced by the choices we made today.
Making good choices is very difficult to do.
The choice is not to be undone.
The results are not to be second guessed.
The amount of time we have to make choices is often a split second.
Sometimes the choice can be well thought out.
We own the choices we make.
Blaming others is only a copout for the choices that have negative consequences.
Taking credit for choices is easy when they have a positive outcome.
We often make choices without regard for others.
Sometimes we make choices for others.
Making choices is a huge responsibility.
Every choice we do make has a value.
Some choices are simple, like what to eat, what to drink or what to wear.
Other choices are considerably more difficult, like where to live, who to date or what to do for a living.
Not all choices made for us are ours to make.
Choices involve truth and lies.
Making a choice to believe is often based on patterns of behavior.
Sometimes good choices lead to bad choices.
Sometimes bad choices lead to good choices.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: INEVERQUIT

However you look at it

Choice is an illusion, and I hate it

I very much hate it and wish it wasn't true

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JoejustJoe

If that were true how do you explain your choice to post a reply? You are an illusionist?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The absence of coercion is the meaning of free will, I believe that "choice" follow the same paradigm.. You have a choice to choose, but you are always under an influence internally or externally, meaning that your choice is made for you even though you believe you made a choice.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: INEVERQUIT
What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!
We experience 'thoughts/feelings' of making 'free-will choices'.
But that is insane vanity to 'believe' those feelings!
It is not physically possible for people to have 'free-will', or to make 'choices'!
Every moment of Universal existence already is, Here! Now!, and no one, no matter how ignorant and vain, can ever do anything that would 'change' a single moment! Ever!

To actually 'change' any moment, anything, requires the changing of the entirety of the One Universe!
And usually the 'change' is a matter of making your life more comfortable!
Nothing deeper than that!

No, there are no 'choices', other than vain 'feelings'!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!
It is not physically possible for people to have 'free-will', or to make 'choices'!
Every moment of Universal existence already is, Here! Now!, and no one, no matter how ignorant and vain, can ever do anything that would 'change' a single moment! Ever!

To actually 'change' any moment, anything, requires the changing of the entirety of the One Universe!

...excepting those trying to assert thier own 'insane vanity' that there is none...of course...pffft

Å99

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The ultimate choice is to either accept the perfect path that God gave you, allowing you to return to His everlasting love, or to take a detour off that path and fall into a ditch of self-pity or fall off a cliff into the Abyss.

There are ups and downs in every persons life. Yet every major event happens for a reason. Life is a journey for learning and wising up for the next stage that lies beyond this mortal life on planet Earth.

Holding a grudge at the time of death results in reincarnation where the spirit will go through the same test again.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Love or a lack of Love is in every choice.

A person can always ask themselves before making a decision, "What would Love do?"

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

The ultimate choice is to either accept the perfect path that God gave you, allowing you to return to His everlasting love, or to take a detour off that path and fall into a ditch of self-pity or fall off a cliff into the Abyss

But that "perfect path" is also ascribed to god when you veer off; stated "it was part of gods plan" we are just human and never saw it. Who is this god that makes itself so unreachable?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
But that "perfect path" is also ascribed to god when you veer off; stated "it was part of gods plan" we are just human and never saw it. Who is this god that makes itself so unreachable?

It is the God Presence that exists beyond this Universe that can only be reached by His One and Begotten Son - Jesus Christ.

This is why so many people hate Christians. They are envious that true Christians have a 'Get out of Jail Free' card. a.k.a 'Escape Prison Planet Free' card.

Otherwise, its reincarnation where the evil Archons feed off the human fear that the Draconian lizards create on this planet via never ending wars.

It does verify what many people say about this planet and that is that this planet is a hell-hole.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Is there really anyone there who can choose not to read these words?? Whoops too late!!

It may seem as if there is someone there separate from what is happening but that is an illusion. Apparent choices are made but there is no one actually 'in there' making them. There is no 'in' or 'out' to what is appearing to happen.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Who is this god that makes itself so unreachable?

God is unreachable because there is no one that could reach God - there is only ever the presence which is God - what is happening is all there is - including the feeling that there is a separate you.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

...excepting those trying to assert thier own 'insane vanity' that there is none...of course...pffft

Å99

I'm sorry, did you say something?
Are you refuting my offerings?
Is there a specific point that you are attempting to refute?
Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!
Of course it wasn't your 'choice' to write that...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
By its definition, choice is simply the act of choosing. Deciding. Being capable, in one's own self and being, of making a conscious effort in one direction or the other, and accepting the consequences or rewards of that effort with full responsibility. Regardless of the options presented or the possible courses of action that may be taken, choice becomes a matter of whether or not you will do anything at all. Assuming that there isn't some sort of cosmic baseline upon which neutrality sits as a focus for all of perception, even abstaining from choice is a conscious effort, reaping consequence or reward, and requiring responsibility for said lack of action, lest that responsibility be claimed by another.
In these ways every action that any being takes is a choice. A choice to make a conscious effort at life or a choice not to.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!

I'm sorry, did you say something that wasn't your vain feelings?

Own the 'insane vanity to believe those feelings' you're so sure of - don't get miffed.

'Attempting to refute a specific point'...of what?...the one you had no choice in trying to impress on anyone?...for no reason, with no choice?...a product of your own 'insane vanity'?

Why would I need to qualify that? That's your qualification - do you have a problem with it?

Å99

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2016 by akushla99 because: dp glitch

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!

Own the 'insane vanity to believe those feelings' you're so sure of - don't get miffed.

'Attempting to refute a specific point'...of what?...the one you had no choice in trying to impress on anyone?...for no reason, with no choice?...a product of your own 'insane vanity'?

Why would I need to qualify that? That's your qualification - do you have a problem with it?

Å99

You are babbling!
What I wrote is the following, if you have the intellect to refute something, using logic and science, please, feel free.
If I said something that you are incapable of understanding, the intelligent thing is to ask for clarification, rather than the low IQ method of immediate emotional argument.
Should you have an intelligent question, feel free to ask.
But this emotional crap is just a time waste.

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Now, either rationally refute, ask for clarification, or piss off.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!

Å99

You are babbling!
What I wrote is the following, if you have the intellect to refute something, using logic and science, please, feel free.
If I said something that you are incapable of understanding, the intelligent thing is to ask for clarification, rather than the low IQ method of immediate emotional argument.

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

I actually just did all of the above...exemplified in your most 'rational' of responses...

Å99

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!

Å99

You are babbling!

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

I actually just did all of the above...exemplified in your most 'rational' of responses...

Å99

The great Acarya Maitreya says in his Saptadasa-bhumi-sastra-yogacarya:

"Before accepting a challenge for a debate, one should consider whether his opponent is a person worthy of carrying on debate through the process of proposition (siddhanta), reason (hetu), example (udaharana), etc. He should, before proceeding there, consider whether the debate will exercise any good influence on his opponent, the umpire, and the audience. But first of all, he should consider whether a debate - even won - would not bring him more harm than benefit."

I leave you to your acceptance of your ignorance..

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

What is in a choice?

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

Can you refute?
Are you agreeing?

Pffft tight back atcha!

Å99

You are babbling!

Imagination!
Imagination = ego!

Å99

The great Acarya Maitreya says in his Saptadasa-bhumi-sastra-yogacarya:

"Before accepting a challenge for a debate, one should consider whether his opponent is a person worthy of carrying on debate through the process of proposition (siddhanta), reason (hetu), example (udaharana), etc. He should, before proceeding there, consider whether the debate will exercise any good influence on his opponent, the umpire, and the audience. But first of all, he should consider whether a debate - even won - would not bring him more harm than benefit."

I leave you to your acceptance of your ignorance..

There's always the quandery of having to use all of the most childish instruments of defence in the debate on free will...none of them intelligent, none of them relevant and none of them effective...the ad hominem being the most obvious of straw grasping, because there is no other way of defending a position that (in the case of non-free will) is the defense of a mirage.

The great Bugs Bunny said "That's all folks" hahahaha

Å99

top topics

<<   2 >>

join