It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are They Really Hiding While We Bicker?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So there's obviously been a lot of talk about things that have blown my mind recently. Like, "Hey I've got a package but I should probably go to the women's restroom." Or (my personal favorite) "I'm pretty sure nature didn't really mean to give me a penis, so I'm opting for a vagina that's not really a vagina."

.....ok. So those are the big issues in the US of A right now. How ridiculous. BUT, I digress.

As we all know, these issues have been very heated, and in the front headlines of the media. Matter of fact, it seems to be all we hear about.

So what's really going on while we are bickering over things that should probably not be argued over while we're on the verge of a global economic collapse?

I've been on ATS for a few years and lurked even longer. For those of you who have also been here a while, you are probably starting to notice this has a funny feel to it. It seems to be the same play call they've done in the past.

You know what I'm talking about, right? The one where they say, "Holy $h!+ people! Look over here at this!" Of course while this is happening something that really affects the masses is going on. And of course, most of us miss it.....except for a few on ATS.

So I challenge the great minds here at ATS. What are they not wanting us to see? Is it something obvious like the presidential race? I doubt it. But I truly want to know what you think.

Let's hear it.

-Solong
edit on 19-5-2016 by solongandgoodnight because: Spell

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

The truth behind the global banking scam?

Oh, and aliens.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
They are not hiding anything.. All is in plain sight, it's just that most are looking but not seeing..

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Sausage, they're hiding the sausage.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Of course! Aliens! How could I not see it?!!!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The power of communication?

We are being divided so deeply, so much anger over internet, perhaps the elite is attempting to prove Internet equates with depression, in the hope of banning internet from civilian usage and thus means to organize against the elite?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
That's creative and possible I suppose. Just from looking at the headlines I'm wondering if this, www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">House Passes $602 Billion For Defense Over White House Objections might have a little to do with it. Preparing for another war?

VERY possible IMO

Messed up link, maybe this will work
edit on 19-5-2016 by solongandgoodnight because: Link

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If you've been here (ATS) for awhile, you probably remember the 2012 "Ascension" threads, the Ebola scares, on and on and on. There are always those topics that flood the front page for weeks, sometimes months at a time.

Whatever is abuzz at the time will probably dominate the forums. Lately it happens to be the trans stories and Trump/Hillary/Sanders presidential threads. ATS activity is a reflection of what's going on and what people are talking about.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Yes, ATS is a reflection. I have to agree. However, I remember 2 or 3 members picking on the huge banking problems before they were big headlines. I don't recall what the main headlines were, but I'd be willing to bet they were nonsense.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I posit that what's going on behind the scenes is a massive transfer of capital and wealth out of the US and that may have been partially revealed by Marc Cuban in an interview on CNBC yesterday when he noted that 20 years ago, there were 6,500 listed as public companies on the Stock Exchanges. Today that number is 3,800, (his numbers, not mine).

Per Cuban, this has happened because so many new start-ups funded by Venture Capitalists are NOT filing to go public because staying private makes it much less regulatory burdensome AND they can avoid myriad rules of accounting practices, which makes it possible for them to avoid things, like Uber being able to categorize its drivers as contractors. At the same time, it makes the owners of the Private Company that would have otherwise been taken public 20 years ago, to transfer their wealth out of the country through establishment of shell companies offshore.

At the same time, we're seeing a huge percentage increase in the numbers of US Americans renouncing citizenship and bailing themselves out.

Cuban actually speaks of this problem in terms of it being a National Moral crisis.

Its never a good thing when a nations wealthy elites bail out and it usually presages a coming collapse of some kind, brought on either by economic problems or............war. It actually explains, for example, how the European Royal families have been able, over centuries, to not only preserve their wealth, but to actually grow their wealth.

Thanks, great question!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We are going to get more of this nonsense as Trump continues to bring out the rape on Bill and Hill.
Smokescreens.

It's not going to work, however.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gee, an aide to President Obama gives an interview to a liberal Newspaper and drops a bombshell that the administration lied about everything in the Iran Nuclear deal.

Then just as the story breaks in the national news ...

President Obama announces that any school that doesn't allow the boys to shower with the girls if the "feel like it" will lose federal funding.

Instant change to headlines and the Iran deal is lost in the shuffle.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
No doubt that you are correct

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Gee, an aide to President Obama gives an interview to a liberal Newspaper and drops a bombshell that the administration lied about everything in the Iran Nuclear deal.

Then just as the story breaks in the national news ...

President Obama announces that any school that doesn't allow the boys to shower with the girls if the "feel like it" will lose federal funding.

Instant change to headlines and the Iran deal is lost in the shuffle.

Got a link for the Iran deal?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What they are doing is this: They are hiding the rest of the stuff in plain sight.

Take HB2 for example. While alot of people were focused on the bathroom part, and buying the lie that was being told, what people did not realize is what else was in that bill that they got through in such a big hurry.

As of right now in North Carolina, all of the protections that were at the local, city and county, level to prevent discrimination were removed by the passage of HB2. And if a person feels that they have been discriminated against, they now have to seek justice at the federal level. These were the protections for say the age, veterans, the LGBT, sex and disability.

While everyone was focused on the bathroom bill, in the same bill that would become law, they removed and forced it where there can be no raise in the min wage unless it comes from the state level. That means citys can not force a business to pay more than the federal level of min wage.

That is what is being done, in addtion to bathrooms. In short they did far more damage and used a hot button issue to hide it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here's one that's a fun read as far as cover spin is concerned
Politico

Here's one (Fox) and the WH response to the blowback to the initial statement. President will not allow Rhode to testify.
Fox

I have to apologize. I'm trying to find the original NY Times article and when I find it I will post it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Probably more than we will ever know, except when they use it on us.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In a bid for world domination its easy to convince everyone to invade some country or other, at first. Especially if the government, media and corporations are all on board.

The evil dictator over there, the necessary 'intervention' because they are killing their people, killing their people, the towers fell after all, somebody must pay. Everyoneis on board…

… at first.

Its live, the first gulf war was a world wide event on the news. Then, when country after country falls to the sword, and always for the same reasons-- We're helping, we're the world police, we're intervening in troubled lands, the evil dictators must go…

but then…

after a while, one begins to question the validity of it all, whether or not it is justified, people dying, trillions of dollars, blood and treasure poured down a bottomless hole, and all for what, another bad president that must go, an intervention to stop the killing (with bombs).

Pretty soon the news about it begins to rebound in everyones ears, hey… wait a second… whats really going on? The endless wars for profit, the endless reboots and surges to retake countries we already killed the evil dictator and defeated the terrorists… again, and again, and again.

After a while the same old excuses why we break international law, violate other countries national sovereignty, conquer and subjugate them, again for profit (from arms and resources like oil).

So the media begins to play a different tune, omitting the war, omitting the war crimes, omitting the build up to the next one and the failure of the last one. They have to play something else, anything else to keep us distracted.

Heres some race baiting, sexual preference and political soap opera. Chew on each other about that. Mean while in a foreign country, once thought subjugated, a 100,000 countrymen rise up and occupy the green zone and corrupted government parliament chambers and …

Nobody over here hears a peep about it. If they do, they don't mention it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sadly it works incredibly well.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
One word: Fukushima. Now, I'm not saying they are hiding the disaster, but there seems to be very little attention given to the damage (and potential damage for many decades/centuries to come) that is being inflicted on this planet and its inhabitants. Call me cruel, but I don't care much about humans- what really gets me steamed is what has been happening to the other (more intelligent) creatures and plants. Radiation is not very healthy in the quantities that have been spewing into the environment from this horrible incident and there seems to be no end in sight. I suspect that we don't even have a clue as to the actual magnitude of this event...

Recent article on mainstream media
edit on 5192016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join