It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama Papers reveal George Soros' deep money ties to secretive weapons, intel investment firm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
SOURCE

Oh the irony.

Billionaire George Soros, who has spent millions of dollars financing Democrats and left-wing causes, used a controversial Panamanian law firm to establish a web of offshore investment partnerships that operate around the world and out of the scrutiny of U.S. regulators, according to leaked documents.

The so-called Panama Papers, a trove of 11.5 million financial documents tracing the Mossack Fonseca law firm’s efforts to help politicians, celebrities and criminals shield their money from taxes, contain links to Soros, who funds the journalism group that is disseminating the information. So far, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) has been silent on its benefactor’s ties to the law firm.

George Soros, famed leftist billionaire, is funding the ICIJ (International Consortium of Investigative Journalists). In their efforts to analyze and publish the data contained in the Panama Papers, they have inadvertently stumbled on a trove of documents that implicate their top donor in a connection to off-shore corporate interests.

Three offshore investment vehicles controlled by Soros are catalogued in the Panama Papers. Soros Finance, Inc. was incorporated in Panama; Soros Holdings Limited was set up in the British Virgin Islands and a limited partnership called Soros Capital was created in Bermuda.

At face value, owning three corporate entities that book their profits offshore isn't necessarily a red flag nor is it necessarily illegal (at face value). But it gets better:

Soros, 86, is worth an estimated $25 billion. His Open Society Institute is one of ICIJ’s main funders, granting it $1.5 million last year. The Panama Papers data reveals only the tip of Soros' offshore iceberg, the Quantum Group of Funds. The ICIJ’s leader, journalist Gerard Ryle, said he had not noticed Soros’ companies in the Offshore Leaks database until FoxNews.com called the matter to his attention.

Because it is based offshore, the Quantum Group of Funds is not normally subject to regulation by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. But in the mid-1990s, Soros Capital bought several SEC-regulated firms, an act which required it to disclose the basic design of the Quantum network of interlocking offshore companies and bank accounts that shield Soros’ billions.

So now we have a confirmation that George Soros has diverted political funds through an array of offshore entities so as not to trace its origin and to remain out of control of the regulators at the SEC. How is this not illegal?

Soros Capital set up an offshore company in the Cayman Islands for the purpose of investing private equity with the Carlyle Group, alongside members of Saudi Arabia’s Bin Laden family. Carlyle’s partners include ex-heads of state and former CIA officials. The private equity partnership specializes in buying and selling weapons manufacturing and intelligence gathering companies with government and military contracts and it also uses secret offshore companies to conduct business.

Offshore Leaks does not include SEC information, but it reveals Soros Capital as a major investor and corporate officer of AIF (Indonesia) Limited. AIF combines private investments with public funding contributed by Asian governments to develop massive infrastructure projects. The database links Soros Capital to Dongya Ports Limited, owned by a tangle of offshore entities.

I'm not sure what I find more fascinating. The fact that Soros used the same investment firm used by the Bin Ladin family to launder his money or the fact that so do many former CIA officials.

Of course none of this news about Soros is surprising. But oh the irony! How does a billionaire fund a coalition of international journalists to dissect a collection of documents that could possibly implicate his participation in some rather large financial crimes? Seems like a critical oversight to me. And furthermore, how is this going to appear to the world in wake of President Obama publicly calling for the closure of that tax loophole being exploited by Soros?

News stories about offshore bank accounts revealed by the Panama Papers brought down Iceland’s prime minister last month. Heads of state, Hollywood stars, heiresses, arms dealers and drug lords who established secret offshore companies and bank accounts are outed almost daily by the ICIJ. Incorporating a business offshore is not illegal, but President Obama has called for the tax loophole to be sealed shut, saying everyone should “pay their fair share.”

Everyone indeed Mr. President. That includes your billionaire friends that have been funding all the leftist grass roots movements such as BLM and other political PACs aimed at discrediting GOP Nominee Donald Trump.

Soros is the sole proprietor of Manhattan-based Soros Fund Management LLC, which controls his offshore empire. In July 2011, Soros closed the multibillion-dollar fund to all but members of his immediate family, allowing him to escape the Dodd-Frank Act mandate for hedge funds to disclose investors and conflicts of interest. A few months later, Soros lost the final appeal of his 2002 conviction by a French court for insider trading. But he remains a potent political force.

In 2014, Soros donated $381 million of Quantum Group of Funds shares to his Open Society philanthropy. The New York-based charitable foundation supports hundreds of advocacy groups, academic research and investigative journalists that align with Soros’ oft-stated goal to promote globalized capitalism and democracy.

In other news, RT claims that Soros' connection to the Panama Papers was to fund a political movement aimed at discrediting Putin & The Kremlin. Source for that here.

Again, I'm not surprised. But I am definitely impressed. It takes a real piece of work to get one's self in this lot of a mess.

Soros’ offshore companies may not pay U.S. taxes (his spokesperson, Michael Vachon, declined to answer that question), but the billionaire donates lots of money to Democrats who write and enforce the tax laws. In the 2004 presidential election, he contributed $24 million to George Bush’s opponents. He is the largest donor to Hillary Clinton’s campaign for the presidency, plunking down $8 million, so far. He has donated “up to $1 million” to the Clinton Foundation. And Secretary of State Clinton’s emails reveal that Soros has lobbied her on behalf of his interests, which encircle the globe, mostly in the dark.

Your thoughts ATS?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Soros is a main controller of the chess board. His scope, as it's now been reveled even more, has persisted and doesn't look like it will cease anytime soon-maybe after he is deceased-maybe, despite he has followers in the making I am sure.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The Sith Lord has finally been exposed. Next, I would like to see if Henry Kissinger in these papers. Then we launch them both. Kissinger undermined our country through his time in office by opening the gates to China (financial attack). Soros is trying to do his part by using his money to convince Americas to hate each other more over ideology. This is a cultural attack.

This means there is one more, and that is a military Sith Lord whos job it is to undermine our defense strategies. Who could this missing link be??

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm NOT defending Soros by any means but if it's legal as far as we know what's the problem? A man who has his beliefs putting his money where his mouth is. Btw I'm no liberal just saying that I fail to see the big deal. Its not the system he created can you really fault someone playing the cards he's been dealt.
edit on 3212016xMay000000Tuesday17America/ChicagoTue, 17 May 2016 01:42:43 -0500 by BoxFulder because: left out the NOT changes the whole point of the post

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

It doesn't look good that:

A. He helped fund the effort to dissect & publish the Panama Papers, when in fact he was directly implicated as being one of the many wealthy folk who have used Mossack Fonseca to launder money offshore.

B. He is arguably the wealthiest contributor to left wing politicians and causes within the past decade, when in fact some of the politicians he has funded have passed legislation to prevent him & others from using the tax loophole (Obama has publicly stated that he intends to close this loophole).

C. His corporate entities now have ties to investment firms that also helped move money for the Bin Laden Family.

None of that looks good, I'm afraid.

Of course, I'm sure Trump has his hand in some off-shore transfer pricing as well. But to what extent? Time will only tell.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Soros screwed my country well and truly costing each man woman and child money, albeit it was Lamont whose played into his thieving hands, so anyone who gets this git has my complete admiration.

What really bugs me is that these really rich people are only that rich because of tax evasion and they walk around like they are something far superior to the rest of us. However the only claim they really have to fame is they are thieves.

Perhaps if we shamed them regardless of whether its through a deliberately left open loop hole or not the share of the money they owe would come back into the coffers that actually need it.

Fine I hear you say if they are clever enough I would do it too, but you are unlikely to ever get that opportunity the door is closed to ordinary people because you can't afford it in the first place. They are only clever enough because we don't complain enough about it and ask for a change and boycott them, their products, films, media for a while till we get this thing settled. I do hope he doesn't have kids to carry on his behaviour.

As he wants to dictate policy he should work in government up front and take the debate not dictate!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

George soros is he a german?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Obama isn't closing any loopholes to block Soros, it is the final hours of his Presidency and he can do nothing.

If he really wanted to do it, he would have worked on it and got it passed instead of fleecing America with Obamacare, when he had a Congress from his same Party. He followed an agenda, it is just hot air to save his legacy that he now lies in public saying he can close loopholes at this stage.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Carlyle Group

IMO..Think pussy stroking...i'll rephrase..think villain stroking a white cat on his lap, while arranging for coups and civil wars to begin so they can sell weapons to both sides.

Smursh, spectre could be a good analogy.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That's pretty cryptic MisterX.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Soros has his name on all three funds. That's sort of a funny thing to do if you are trying to hide your money isnt it?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In other breaking news, water is wet.

Did anyone here seriously think that at least some of his money was being used in this fashion? Is anyone surprised by this "news"?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Obama is the Wall Street president. Why would anyone expect him to close a loophole when he not only looked the other way after the housing crash, but gave some of the guilty parties cabinet positions?

Hillary is next in line to carry that torch. TPP will grow to phase 2, and business as usual carries on.

edit on 20-5-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I hear billionaires are tasty if cooked right.
Just say'n..

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Do you have a billionaires cookbook recipe?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

There could be a crooked Billionaire that's not associated with the Panama situation.

Who knows. If he is, maybe we'll find out he invested in Transnational North American transportation

new topics

top topics

join