It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all Christians?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am aware of the different denominations of Christianity and what they believe. However I was watching One Touch Ministry and Stanley told his following, to pray to God for misery upon someone, just to make them believe.

Question: is Stanley wrong and should've reworded that prayer?

Are you guilty of doing such praying? If so, does that same person you prayed misery upon, come back to you for God's purpose?

Do most Christians pray this "curse" upon people so people can believe what Christians believe?

Sorry if it sounds like I accuse most of you, I know you all don't do such praying.

Thank you

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Stockholm syndrome

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight Never heard of this. If you want someone to accept Jesus into their heart, then pray that Jesus enters into their heart.
I have however, read about people using prayer against an enemy in the Hoodoo religion that uses prayers from the old testament, like Psalms.
I wouldn't subscribe to what Stanley is teaching, personally, and recommend looking elsewhere for guidance in Christian prayer.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Why don't people just stop praying and just start making logical and informed choices?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
I am aware of the different denominations of Christianity and what they believe. However I was watching One Touch Ministry and Stanley told his following, to pray to God for misery upon someone, just to make them believe.

Are you guilty of doing such praying? If so, does that same person you prayed misery upon, come back to you for God's purpose?

Do most Christians pray this "curse" upon people so people can believe what Christians believe?

Sorry if it sounds like I accuse most of you, I know you all don't do such praying.

Thank you

The very best answer that I as a Christian can give you is to go to the source. Read the New testament and see if you can see of such a prayer of cursing. But you won't find it. The only thing that can save a person is faith that comes from hearing the word of God. And this is the word of God; Jesus is the only way and He died to save you from your sin and bring you back to God and give you eternal life. Can you believe it in your heart? If so you can be saved from the penalty for sin. If not, you can't be saved and you will die in sin and have to be judged by God according to the same judgment you had on others; that is how God will judge you. But to pray misery on someone to make them believe, that can't be done. The Bible says that God is love. Why would love want to give you misery?

I hope I explained it enough for you so you can understand. It's all about the choices we make.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've never heard of this either.
It would be reasonable to pray that people should be brought to repentance, and repentance could be described as being unhappy about one's state of sin. I wonder if that's what you heard?

There are scriptural precedents for repentance as an outcome of misfortune (Joel ch1, for a start). Accepting that the Biblical God might work that way is one thing, but positively praying for him to take that route is a different matter entirely.

edit on 14-5-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What, can't do both?

I don't understand why some people think prayer and reasoned action are mutually exclusive. They are actually highly complementary.

edit on 5/14/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another let me ask you Christians something thread ? Who cares what they think or anyone in any religion, as long as they don't bother me, you or kill others then who cares. They don't know what they are thinking and its usually inherited through family so its a lost cause to ask them a serious question.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I dont and I wont

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Amen good advice. the source never had a prayer like that.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
believe that life lives on other planets? (no proof so your a nut) worship god? ( no proof but if you don,t your a nut cause he created everything and you will accept it,if you don,t then your cast to hell)

hope hell has wifi.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I would love to say I have never heard as strange a thing over the pulpit though I have

Anything christian should be prayed according to Gods will, if we pray outside of Gods will it's not a prayer that will be considered anyway
So praying for anything based on selfishness and against another's will isn't going to work

Praying for misery, that's not biblical, it's bizarre, I am sorry for Christians like that

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How about all those football games where the players get on one knee and beg God to help them beat the **** out of the other team? Or when in battle, pray God, who is on their side, the right side, help them kill as many of their enemy as they can? Is all prayer equal in God's "eyes?"

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Organized religion....

...there's a sucker born every minute.

-P.T. Barnum

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The biblical character of Jesus asked god to forgive those who crucified him. I seriously doubt he would approve of praying misery on anyone. In fact, I think he would consider it evil. Come to think of it...

Luke 9

51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, 52 and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?” 55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

edit on 5/14/2016 by Klassified because: edit

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes 10000%

And any such one thats says of follows such rubbish is not a Christian themselves.

To be fair I doubt less than 25% of so called "Christians" especially in the USA would be viewed kindly by jesus.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
How about all those football games where the players get on one knee and beg God to help them beat the **** out of the other team? Or when in battle, pray God, who is on their side, the right side, help them kill as many of their enemy as they can? Is all prayer equal in God's "eyes?"

Again no.

God would condem any such prays.

Same with politics.

Any prayer for wordly politics and war or to bring god or jesuses name into such disgusting things would be looked down upon and the person doing it would be acting contrary to Christian principles.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Thank you

Sounds very O.T, and we all know how Jesus and the O.t don't like each other. Or was that Christians and the O.T...These rules keep changing don't they.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It doesn't sound particularly "Christian" to me.

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing in the Bible to suggest such a thing.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

no never,

Do not return evil for evil or insult for insult, but instead bless others because you were called to inherit a blessing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join