It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Clinton. Sanders. What about your candidate appeals to you? Specifically. Sell me.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: XP100
a reply to: Bluntone22

What sucks about each?

Why is Trump best suited to improve economy in your opinion?

I think sanders has economic ideas that would do more damage than good and he would not be able to pass any of his plans anyways. I also think he is to old to make it through two terms and I don't want to elect someone that can't last eight years.

Clinton is completely unqualified to be president and would not be in this position if she had a different last name or was a man. Way to many things in her past that make me nervous.

Trump is a dirty wheeler and dealer that takes advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. That's the man I want negotiating trade deals with other nations.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: XP100

How about actually reading the post ?
I apologize for the above comment and have redacted it. I have got to keep in mind for some members of ATS , English is not their primary language.

edit on 5/7/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thanks for the clarification!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I did read your response:

"I am voting for the candidate most diametrically opposed . In other words , a GOOD President.Not a lame , weak-kneed , do everything by executive order cause he cant get the horse^^^^ he proposes to the floor in Congress.Yes THAT Obama ."

and was not trying to be funny. I was being genuine. What I deduced from your above response was what I wrote back:

that you oppose Obama because of his inability to get bills passed through congress. And, English is my primary and only language. And, thank you for insulting my intelligence. That was the point of this exercise for me.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks for posting his video, I was thinking of the same one.

He nails it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

You call Hillary 'crooked'. Can you be specific as to what action(s) of hers in your opinion makes her crooked?

and I'm not sure what 'but, mostly, TRUMP!' means'...

I've followed the Clinton Crime Family's illustrious career for decades...PLEASE don't ask me to produce a list of their 'Crooked' activities through the years, up until the present. It's extensive (for those who care enough to actually look at the body (bodies) of evidence).

As for "mostly Trump"...I'll use the 'CaddyShack' analogy:

The 'Establishment'of both political parties is the stodgy, exclusive, morally-bankrupt, posh country club.

'Crooked' Hillary Clintonis the elitist and corrupt 'Judge Smails' (Ted Knight)...who wants to keep the common pedestrian trash out of her happy little kingdom of exclusivity, self-enrichment and total control.

Trump is the bombastic, clever and completely genuine character 'Al Czervik' (Rodney Dangerfield) who barrels in like a bull in the china shop...to completely upset the elitist 'status quo' of the member's exclusive little self-aggrandizing and self-enriching, pompous country club.

edit on 7-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Trump is the bombastic, clever and completely genuine character 'Al Czervik' (Rodney Dangerfield) who barrels in like a bull in the china shop...to completely upset the elitist 'status quo' of the member's exclusive little self-aggrandizing and self-enriching, pompous country club.

I bet you get a free bowl of soup with that hat.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I wasn't looking for a list, just clarification for the moniker 'crooked'. Your clarifying response was clear and to the point. Thanks. And now I want to go watch Caddyshack again! I think I have it on DVD, so I got that going for me.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I like Hillary's push for universal healthcare, but I fear what she'll do with Obama's new domestic army. Rather than attacking our enemies, she'll be attacking churches by taxing them into oblivion and seizing their assets at gunpoint. Free healthcare just isn't worth having another SJW in the WhiteHouse.

I like Bernie's firm stance against corporate funding in politics and I'm extremely impressed with how much money he was able to raise the right way, but his his proposed $15/hr minimum wage would force businesses to automate and completely wreck our economy... which is why I've decided to vote for him.

Trump is a tyrant who's full of sh!t.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If you knew about politics here in the states , you would already have the answers to all your questions
I tire of this idle banter .So..

Thank you for playing the game , but you are all outta tokens.
Peace to you

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Best, most specific answer of the day. Thanks! Star for that!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Gary Johnson.

The only candidate who believes in smaller government and individual liberties.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There are no good choices, not that I think voting actually matters. This time around it seems like this:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

Best, most specific answer of the day. Thanks! Star for that!

Ummm...YAWN...You gave the bone creds for the above statement...only because of his last line...

Trump is a tyrant who's full of sh!t.

I checked out your post history as per the ongoing political climate...no need to deflect ...you are who you are...
Which makes your whole thread premise specious...and your comments disingenuous...

Your attempt at expose is more expositional of your own stance and mindset than anything any respondents had or have to say...

Do carry on though...the entertainment factor is much elevated by such transparent discourse...

Oh...BTW...Trump...but only because that's what he'll achieve...it's going to be better than reruns of..."The Apprentice"...

"YOUR FIRED"...

YouSir

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I wasn't looking for a list, just clarification for the moniker 'crooked'. Your clarifying response was clear and to the point. Thanks. And now I want to go watch Caddyshack again! I think I have it on DVD, so I got that going for me.

Come back after watching Caddyshack. You'll see how great my analogy truly was.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

My intentions for this thread were not as nefarious as you suspect. I truly was trying to get a gauge on what causes folks to pick a certain candidate. I gave that Star to bones because in my opinion that was the most clear and specific (except the Trump jab) answer I read today.

My intentions for starting this thread today were based on an argument I witnessed this week between two opposing acquaintances. One liked candidate A, the other B. I watched and listened for a good 7-8 minutes as they argued, got red in the face, and tried to one-up each other on who was better. But, at no point did either of them make an argument with any substance. Neither explained to the other 'why', 'how', or 'because'. It was actually fascinating to watch.

I shared this experience the next day with a lifelong friend, and we got into a heady discussion about folks voting on sheer emotions, and not based on real issues or facts. Today I simply wanted to prove/disprove his theory for myself.

Obviously posting on a public board like this, it is easy for you or anyone to look up any of my prior posts and try to get a read on my political preferences, so I was not in any way trying to disguise myself, troll, or start a political argument.

If it's total transparency you want, I will take the same medicine I have asked everyone else to take today:

I haven't voted along party lines until I had surgery a few years ago putting me in the 'pre-existing condition' category. The main issue I vote for is that I continue to qualify to buy medical insurance going forward.

In the past I've voted for Reagan (was 18 and didn't know politics; my father told me to). I didn't vote for a while after that because I was busy being in my 20's... I voted for George W. Bush his first term, then against him his second. Then Obama twice.

I won't vote for Donald because I don't like his nasty demeanor and nick-naming his opponents. I dislike this behavior in my own Gov. Christie as well. I can accept it from friends, co-workers, comedians, but I don't care for it in a boss, leader, person in power or President. Also, I don't believe he ever explains the 'how' when telling us what he will make great.

I do like the idea of a woman President, but I'm not sure that woman should be HRC. I don't like the idea that it's the same couple families in power (Bushs, Clintons) year after year. And, I've read alot of sketchy things over the years.

I liked Kasich before he dropped because of his demeanor and it seemed like he was a level-headed decent guy. I didn't study his message/policies much because it quickly appeared he probably wasn't going to be a contender.

I would not have voted for Cruz, mainly for his promise to repeal my healthcare. And on a side note, there was just always something about him I didn't/don't like. I found him smarmy.

Which leaves Sanders. I like his personality. But, I'm not so sure he can do all the things he says because I heard people punch some holes in his plans. And, at this point he has such an uphill climb that it doesn't look good in his favor.

So, Clinton vs. Trump? I have to vote Clinton (med insurance #1 factor), but I wouldn't bet a dollar on who is gonna win.

Hope that is transparent and specific enough.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Haggis and Watermelon made coffee shoot out my nose. I almost drowned!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It did me, too. All better now?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Hillary - I do not want her to win the primary mostly because I feel she is a liability. The investigations on her has potential to completely screw the Democrats out of a win if she is nominated.

Trump - I am happy he won his primary. I don't believe he has a chance but, even if he did become president, he has flip-flopped on so many issues that I would assume he would lean liberal again after the election. I cannot stand this man's personality or the ideas he claims to believe but... it couldn't be as bad as a dominionist theocrat.

Sanders - I do want him as our next president. I believe we have fallen behind on our evolution towards social values. We had times in our history where we almost went this route and failed to carry it out. It's time to catch up and restore some balance. That, and the fact a bird landed on his podium, proving he is a Disney princess.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Thanks for your very precise and clear answer. It is really incredible how much the two top contenders are so hated by the other sides. This election cycle it's not "well I like this one better", its like its an all-out war between the voters on the two-sides. I haven't followed politics my whole life and I've been wondering if this type of passion is normal over the years, or if it coming to head as of late. Thanks for replying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join