It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My respect for Cruz just went up.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
In general, as most of you know, Cruz lost my support a few months back. The only reason I say this is to point out that this is a sincere compliment.

By more or less bowing out, Cruz has likely assured Trump sufficient delegates to lock up the nomination. This avoids a prolonged battle within the ranks of the GOP which could, and perhaps would, destroy the Party in the event of a contested, or worse, a brokered convention.

Cruz is opening the door for reconciliation within the ranks and an opportunity for the party to unite in it's support for Trump. The party as a whole may or may not take advantage of this. Either way, the opportunity is there. Whether these guys take advantage of it is another story.

In this, Cruz has done the right thing and should be acknowledged for it. (It might even get him a nomination to the Supreme Court as a Constitutionalist).....

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

In this, Cruz has done the right thing and should be acknowledged for it. (It might even get him a nomination to the Supreme Court as a Constitutionalist)

I do not believe I have ever had a good word to say for MrTrump, but in this case I must say that I do not think that he could be that stupid.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Cruz has done the right thing? Maybe so(happy he dropped out anyway) but seriously doubting he had any intent of doing the right thing here. To add that he's far from a Constitutionalist.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Jesus Christ the last thing we need is Cruz on the SC. I hope he isn't already promised the spot in exchange for dropping out.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

you have never meet or interacted with him, how could u respect him, you are lost

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

for instance i only give respect to people that earn it through personel interaction

thats real life

media are lies and polys are bought and paid for like a prostitute

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Try reading the OP again. I said I respected his act of halting his campaign.

Deserving of acknowledgement.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

for instance i only give respect to people that earn it through personel interaction

thats real life

media are lies and polys are bought and paid for like a prostitute

Then why bother reading and posting on ATS? Contradictory to say the least.....

link   

its fake dude get it together, you are getting played

link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
Jesus Christ the last thing we need is Cruz on the SC. I hope he isn't already promised the spot in exchange for dropping out.

Stop cussing......

link   
Cruz simply saw the writing on the wall. Getting past Trump was going to be near impossible and the general election is going to see the GOP take a terrible beating. Better to let Trump get the blame for that. Trump will be blamed for the disaster and Cruz will step up in the GOP as the guy who tried to stop him. If the party survives he likely will have found himself in a stronger position in the party as the anti Trump. That is of course unless the GOP is retaken by the moderates that have been deserting the party en mass. They will hold Cruz in no better regard than they did Trump. Although I think the moderates are not coming back. So likely we will see an ultra conservative GOP with people like Cruz at its top. Cruz knows the political game.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He'd better a lot better than any Obama nomination......

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

as a random poster i interacted with stated

im bored

but i will say this, if one person stops buying the bs that reads a disscusion im in then i win.

if i do win we all win

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I think you mean blaspheming haha it was an actual prayer. I can also respect Cruz giving it to trump, just not for an SC spot!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cruz simply saw the writing on the wall. Getting past Trump was going to be near impossible and the general election is going to see the GOP take a terrible beating. Better to let Trump get the blame for that. Trump will be blamed for the disaster and Cruz will step up in the GOP as the guy who tried to stop him. If the party survives he likely will have found himself in a stronger position in the party as the anti Trump. That is of course unless the GOP is retaken by the moderates that have been deserting the party en mass. They will hold Cruz in no better regard than they did Trump. Although I think the moderates are not coming back. So likely we will see an ultra conservative GOP with people like Cruz at its top. Cruz knows the political game.

So your saying the 'moderates' will be in Hillary's camp??? Now there's a stretch.

The moderates that want to keep high paying jobs in the U.S.? Affordable health care? The disaster that is free trade? et al.

I see a lot of room for moderate support. I don't see it for Hillary. I don't even see Bernie supporters backing Hillary.

Yessir, all those paid protestors are absolutely sure Hillary has this in the bag. No fear from the left whatsoever.....

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You seem to think Trump is doomed to fail against Hillary. Hint about those betting websites. The "guaranteed money" is always presented early. It seems a surefire bet with Hillary costing $3-$3.50 to win a dollar. With Trump it seems like a loss because the odds are for hillary. This is a common tactic amongst line setters. Set the loser up to look like the winning bet so that when the overwhelming bets for the winner come in you have hedged your take-in/payout properly.

If you follow sports betting at all you should know this. NEVER take the early line.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Bingo. Cruz will have running in the 2020 presidential cycle in mind. After Trump loses to Clinton , Cruz will be ready to say "If we had run a Principled (read loon) Conservative the GOP would have won the election." The GOP as a party may leave Cruz behind through as there will be no going back from the America First Mk2 movement.
edit on 4-5-2016 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cruz simply saw the writing on the wall. Getting past Trump was going to be near impossible and the general election is going to see the GOP take a terrible beating. Better to let Trump get the blame for that. Trump will be blamed for the disaster and Cruz will step up in the GOP as the guy who tried to stop him.

I disagree; I See the democratic party taking a terrible beating and the GOP being rendered irrelevant. Hopefully both parties will be made irrelevant as they are perversions to that a constitutional Republic stands for. Besides that, Everyone knows that the GOP would have pulled a fast one at a brokered convention and outed Trump. This would come at a cost however, the American people would be more disenfranchised than ever with all politicians. Civil disobedience may have emerged more and more until everyone potentially suffered. Ted Cruz simply lost his funding; and without money he simply quit. There is no honor in that and I read a Real Politics article that seems to be a partial base of your theory (if not then it must be a very popular theory).

If the party survives he likely will have found himself in a stronger position in the party as the anti Trump. That is of course unless the GOP is retaken by the moderates that have been deserting the party en mass. They will hold Cruz in no better regard than they did Trump. Although I think the moderates are not coming back. So likely we will see an ultra conservative GOP with people like Cruz at its top. Cruz knows the political game.

I believe the single most excruciating part of any election is watching people segregate themselves into neat and orderly (read predictable) societal cliques like Republican/Democrat or Liberal/Conservative and every shade and hue on the rainbow thereafter. I wish folks would wake up and demand the truth from media with our the spin. I wish that we might gain enough insight to realize that both sides are the criminals and we need to peacefully start over by electing people that have not had a chance. Only then can we potentially take some semblance of control back of our corrupt governmental system.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Perhaps, just perhaps, Trump breaks that Republican-Democrat paradigm.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Cruze dropping out made kasich look even more like a delusional old man.

He should have dropped out months ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join