It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the double slit experiment be amplified..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Could the observer wear shades and make the wave particles collapse more?
Would the particles be confused as to how the observer got such "huge" eyes thus it's self-awareness becomes self conscious and "obeys" what the observer wants it to do?

I ask this because I had a dream that took place exactly in real life, but with shades on. It's as if the particles arranged itself exactly in my dream. Everyone's "script", movements, and everything.

Could it be possible?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

People are way way way too big to be affected by observation, so "script", movements and the like of people wouldn't be affected at all.

Particles have no self-awareness. Or consciousness. So they don't "obey" you. They don't know what eyes are. Because they don't know anything. They're particles. So big eyes, small eyes, no eyes, doesn't matter.

The quantum observation effect has been hijacked by loons like Deepak Chopra and the like who push this absolutely bull# line of 'wishing yourself into the reality you want'. Nothing could be farther from what a physicist means when he writes about observation in a quantum system.

The 'law of attraction' is total unmitigated garbage.

That said, and I suspect it isn't what you were hoping for (i.e. can I control people or make dreams come true by wearing the right cheap sunglasses? Was that it?), but you can actually "over observe" a quantum system and prevent it from changing state as often as it might otherwise. But we're talking things like electron capture or a single particle tunneling in a system near absolute zero.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Didnt the light just bounce of the walls of the slit, or we in the field of quantum magic " I dont know but my imagination says its this "

Hell if even Einstein thought Quantum was to much

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think you are too quick to dismiss this fact, without observation there is essentially a lack of creation.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Or well I suppose it isn't a lack of creation but rather the universal roulette wheel of possibility never ceases to spin until someone or thing halts it with the act of observation.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you'd like to make your brain hurt a bit, look at Feynman's Sum Over Histories concept. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What about a triple split, or even more if you are trying to amplify the wave function of light.

top topics

join