It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helpful Gadgets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In case anyone missed all the whining I haven't been too well for a while. Due to various difficulties I've had to buy several items that have made life considerably easier, some of which I'd never have known about except someone in an online comments section mentioned them.

So, in the spirit of sharing useful information here is a list of the bits and pieces that have been so much help. Please, anyone, if you have anything helpful you'd like to add it might help someone else enormously.

I'll say my thanks now so as not to clog the thread with acknowledgements.

To avoid advertising or sponsoring particular products I won't provide links although sometimes I might have to use a brand name:

Electric tin opener

Ring pull can opener

Bed bath body washes - like large baby wipes and can really take the stress out of keeping clean.

Shampoo cap - just like a shower cap but includes a pad impregnated with shampoo & conditioner. No need for a rinse afterwards. Just put on the cap, massage into the hair and towel dry.

Bath bench - a slatted 'platform' that fits easily across the bath enabling one to sit under the shower or, if showering is too stressful, there is room for a bowl of warm water so a person can sit there and wash.

Fluffy dusters - these have a reasonably long handle and a disposable duster fits over it. It makes dusting a lot easier even for a fit person.

Hand held vacuum cleaner - not great but better than lugging a full size vacuum cleaner around.

Bed wedge - oh, the relief of being able to sit up comfortably in bed.
edit on 3-5-2016 by berenike because: addition

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The hand held vacuum can be replaced by ants and mice.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Super Glue

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tv remote lol.

Flashlight with foldable knife.

keyring with torch and bottle opener.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This isn't a gadget but really helpful information for those who suffer cramp in bed.

Sleep with an unwrapped, new bar of soap in the bed. It will stop the cramp.

top topics

join