It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Froze That Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I froze that day, that day in February waiting for somebody. Why, I waited for you, yes I did. See my love, I never could know the sins we'd get in and the hurt that we'd foster.

I froze that day, that day in February. Why, it was that day, that day after the 14th, the day of love. The snow swept the world away in silence that Sunday morn'. World swept away, you swept my heart away.

I stumbled 'bout a mile fighting the chill, fighting the wind. I held a rose, for you! Yes it's true, I held a rose for you then. Then I waited for you in that frozen wasteland. You said come, come a bit further.

So I did and I followed, I ran to you. You held me, when you caught sight, in embrace, in your warmth I could escape.

You took the rose. Claimed there was no need-but I knew. I knew then I loved you. We ate cheap, the poor young souls we were. You were young. I was old, I loved you then.

We sat under the cloudy skies, held in such embrace. I wished a kiss, one kiss! To steal away from you. But I remained with my love, for you, hidden away from sight.

A fortnight then passed, 'neath the Church bell tower did we stay. We sinned then, but not the sin of what we did now, what was yesterday. I spoke unto you words which you repeated unto me. I loved you then, and you loved me.

Kisses and embraces, we lay in the grass. Our joys and sorrows long past. I loved you then, long now for what once was. Unto you I cried. I received no care.

See, I froze that day in February, for you. I froze now, without a heart or soul, I am inhuman and weak and now, no one cares at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

This is Deep Tiamat! Very well done!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
It's a true story. At the time it was incredible. Love is amazing. And I like to reminisce. But sometimes I do so too long and then I get this way.

Thanks by the way. Glad you enjoyed.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You are a wonderful writer. You are able to allow the reader to almost "feel" what you felt. Thank you for sharing your story and your talent.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
I enjoy writing. I enjoy sharing. I love reading what people think of it. Every word is true, I do not lie. Perhaps this mode of message is not the greatest, far too subtle, but I enjoy it. And no, the pleasure was all mine and I thank you.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Nice writing!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am always drawn into the beauty and emotions of your writing!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
They are true emotions. They are true statements. They are true stories, sadly. Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed! And glad to see you around now.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That's beautiful

I wonder why you wrote " sadly it is true "

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny
Because I'd rather it be a false tale of lost love. I'd rather just have it being true with the love, without the lost bit. Glad you enjoyed!

new topics

top topics

join