It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Like so many other people, I fail to understand why, if it's really this big of an issue for trans folk, why they can't just use the unisex bathroom. Most places already have one. And if they don't, just take the existing bathrooms and make them unisex. Problem solved.

I was in Springfield the other day and stopped into my favorite coffee shop. Hadn't been there in months because I live in the middle of nowhere and seldom get to the city. Anyhow. Had to pee, and they've made both their bathrooms unisex since the last time I was there. The bathroom signs--I didn't have my phone so no pic, more's the pity--had the man symbol, the woman symbol...and a grey alien. Rotfl. And beneath, it said in great big letters, "WHATEVER." And below that, in smaller type it said, "...just wash your hands." I thought it was brilliant.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: rockintitz

Nobody had any problem for three years until that teacher complained for some reason.

How do you know nobody had a problem with it?

For all you know a group of scared kids spend that threee years trying to convince a scared teacher that they were very uncomfortable with the situation.

Scared to be honest...and it went on for so long the teacher got sick of it and finally grew a pair.

I just made that up...same as what you did, only I believe my theory is more credible - because that's what's been happening. People are scared to open their mouths or they'll be persecuted.

If you ask me this is the beginnings of the snap back to reality that many of us have been waiting for.
edit on 19/8/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
Like so many other people, I fail to understand why, if it's really this big of an issue for trans folk, why they can't just use the unisex bathroom. Most places already have one. And if they don't, just take the existing bathrooms and make them unisex. Problem solved.

I was in Springfield the other day and stopped into my favorite coffee shop. Hadn't been there in months because I live in the middle of nowhere and seldom get to the city. Anyhow. Had to pee, and they've made both their bathrooms unisex since the last time I was there. The bathroom signs--I didn't have my phone so no pic, more's the pity--had the man symbol, the woman symbol...and a grey alien. Rotfl. And beneath, it said in great big letters, "WHATEVER." And below that, in smaller type it said, "...just wash your hands." I thought it was brilliant.

I'll tell you why...because they're selfish, it's all about them.

They don't want to use a unisex bathroom...because it's not enough for them, they want to use the bathroom that allows them to continue their fantasy.

They'll make up an excuse as to why it's not good enough...oh, we're being singled out. We're being oppressed, we're not getting our own way.

They neither understand nor care that a world where everyone gets their own way is literally impossible. Other people should make concessions so that they don't have to.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

This is a reversed issue from the usual issue. This time it's the transgender boy who wants to use the boy's bathroom. So "protect the women from perverts in women's bathrooms" argument won't work.

This is a strange case. So, if the transgender boy enters the boys bathroom, and a real boy jumps on her, er...him, and makes the transgender "pregnant", can he "the jumper" deny that he could be responsible since boys can't have babies?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join