It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are a God, According to the bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
in psalms 82:6

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

and again in the book of john 10:34

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

Here the bible clearly states that all of us are children of God.
as well as we are gods.

i found this to be interesting and i was wondering your opinion on these scriptures.
I can explain my opinion on how you are a god if you would like.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
my opinion of how you are a god also goes in hand with the parable of the vine and the branches.
just wondering what you think of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Dan Brown touched on this in the novel 'The Lost Symbol'. "Do ye not know ye are gods?"

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The vine is God, and we are the branches.
We are a little piece of the vine.

Before you were born you were nothing.
You came to be from nothing, to experience everything.

Some would say that before the creation there was nothing, and out of this nothing came everything.

basically, you are the answer to what came first the chicken or the egg.

The whole context of the passage of john goes like this.

the pharisees were going to stone jesus for claiming to be the son of god, and he reference psalms that says we are all children of the most high.

edit on 25-4-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There are religions that say man is God. Check out the Nation of Gods and Earths formerly known as the 5 percent.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-4-2016 by lostbook because: Add

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't want to be a god. Do I have a choice in the matter?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Tis true... We all have a spark of the divine within...

Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

BUT...

ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes

Something we're here to experience... without exception

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Tis true... We all have a spark of the divine within...

Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

BUT...

ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes

Something we're here to experience... without exception

In revelation it says that some people will eat from the tree of life and have everlasting life.
i dont know if thats literal or a metaphor or what but. yeah, according to the bible some people will live forever.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Psalm 82:6 translates the word "elohim" as "gods" but in the Hebrew meaning, when the word elohim is used to refer to more than a single human person, it can mean "rulers" or "judges", as well as 'little g' "gods". Which makes the passage have two meanings depending upon interpretation. The wording in the passage is also a question (a hypothetical) in a song, it was not a statement of fact by God or other authority. To assume that the Psalmist is calling human beings gods, is taking the passage way out of context.

Similarly John 10:34 is Jesus pointing out the legal inaccuracy in that very particular interpretation of Psalm 82:6. If the Pharisees were to interpret things one way (as they were doing in their interpretation of what Jesus said) it would actually make the Psalmist (Asaph) a blasphemer and guilty under the law. Since the Pharisees knew the intention behind the Psalm was not blasphemous, they could hardly apply the same criteria against Jesus and find Him blasphemous.

In both cases, the meaning is in the context of the passage. To take the meaning otherwise (looking at the verse in isolation, and out of cultural and Biblical context) is going to lead to error.

That being said, in Genesis it does say that God is making us in His image (a process that I would say is ongoing based upon observation).

To say that we are now at this time, or were in the past, gods is demonstrably nonsense.

edit on 25/4/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I wouldn't put too much stock in revelation...

Though Jesus did say...

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think what happened there was the authors decided to add in their delusions to the book. Probably an ancient translator thought he and others were important because of the translation given to them. they probably felt they were Gods because they were writing a book about God which they didnt truly believe in.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've myself have dwelt into this concept along the lines of the whole 'ask the universe" and the "law of attraction" and the movie and books called the "Secret"

It's all a concept, whether it works or not depends on the individual. It worked for me a few times in the past manifesting a better life or help, But I also found it dangerous eventually and it left me in shambles in the end.

Kinda like the whole Genie in a bottle thing, you get three wishes but the wishes get screwed and you eventually do not get what you intended?
you are probably better off leaving this alone, please trust me on this.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Lots of "like God" likeness, in his image and such…

Bible Hub

What that means to me is that our DNA is from somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Well we are derivations of the prime source so sort of, yea!
edit on 25-4-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

That's the rub, isn't it? This whole thing sounds very totalitarian.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yea it's kind of a collective totalitsrianism. What if some want to be lead? Good questions to ask.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Psalm 82:6 translates the word "elohim" as "gods" but in the Hebrew meaning, when the word elohim is used to refer to more than a single human person, it can mean "rulers" or "judges", as well as 'little g' "gods". Which makes the passage have two meanings depending upon interpretation. The wording in the passage is also a question (a hypothetical) in a song, it was not a statement of fact by God or other authority. To assume that the Psalmist is calling human beings gods, is taking the passage way out of context.

Similarly John 10:34 is Jesus pointing out the legal inaccuracy in that very particular interpretation of Psalm 82:6. If the Pharisees were to interpret things one way (as they were doing in their interpretation of what Jesus said) it would actually make the Psalmist (Asaph) a blasphemer and guilty under the law. Since the Pharisees knew the intention behind the Psalm was not blasphemous, they could hardly apply the same criteria against Jesus and find Him blasphemous.

In both cases, the meaning is in the context of the passage. To take the meaning otherwise (looking at the verse in isolation, and out of cultural and Biblical context) is going to lead to error.

That being said, in Genesis it does say that God is making us in His image (a process that I would say is ongoing based upon observation).

To say that we are now at this time, or were in the past, gods is demonstrably nonsense.

Nailed it.
The simple conclusion here is that if you read something in English that makes you raise an eyebrow, take a look at the Hebrew (or Greek, or Aramaic) and see what the original word is.

Some things don't translate well into English; other words have literally no English equivalent, while some are just poor translations that should have been done better.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: eisegesis

That's the rub, isn't it? This whole thing sounds very totalitarian.

I was happy being a humble servant to man. Now, unbeknownst to me, I am serving a god. To me, there was a point to serving man, but a god...

Why would I serve those that can serve themselves?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Amen...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Each Self will return "from whence You came" The One Infinite Creator. Some only have to take a few passes (incarnations) and then work off their 'karma', some "Bodhi Sattvas" are here now to assist others in their trip (Service-to-Other). So each of Us is a bit of the Divine..

www.lawofone.info 'May' also help in Your research.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join