It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should fighting sports be legal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hahaha I think it's funny you authored two threads recently:

Men don't fight enough and are being emasculated.

Men (and women) fight too much and they're getting brain damage.

Just gave me a chuckle.

I have heard though that boxing can be more dangerous simply because the fighter is given a ten count to resume the fight where he can suffer a second or even third concussion in a short amount of time.

Watching a UFC fight ending with a guy knocked out and getting whopped in the head is pretty crazy too.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No they shouldn't be banned, that's non sense.

People who take part should be fully informed of the risks, but if they choose to take part they need the freedom to do as they wish.

People who dedicate their life toward the skill of fighting have a different kind of spirit. If you make it illegal they are going to have unregulated street fights. You won't ever stop fighters from fighting. I personally have no interest in being punched in the face, so I'm not a fighter, but I appreciate others who do it at a high level. Its one of the highest human arts.

if you ban fighting as a sport do you also close all the gyms? They will go out of business. I don't like the idea of a completely pacified society. I like people who can fight. Some of you hate anything competitive, but I think competition is one of the most healthy parts of human society.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Boxing is far more dangerous to the brain and if you read through this thread you'd see me post very early on that I start this out of Borden whole traveling.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its such a ridiculous argument to compare a combat sport to a dangerous one.

If a driver is knocked unconscious from a car crash during a sporting event the crowd don't (or shouldn't) cheer and jump out of their seats in glee at the possibility that the driver may be unable to continue.

"Real men" lol

"Mummy what does Daddy do for a living?"
"He's paid to punch people"
"Why is he now in a wheelchair?"
"People were paid to punch him back"

Whooo! MEN! Yeah!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought playing Ludo is far more risky than the mentioned sports

edit on 26-4-2016 by AsianStellar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah. Football too.

But perhaps the problem isn't with the "sport" itself. Just in how it is conducted.

Is kicking someone's ass a sport?

Gladiators? Feeding people to lions? Whee!!!

I think bringing back the coliseum is the next step in the lefts plan anyway. Unfortunately, I think they will be tossing in Christians and the snowflakes will be cheering them on!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Im with the no crowd.

Any sport where knocking out is a goal should not be a thing, being knocked out even once can cause brain injury if your out for too long or the hit it just that hard.

So for that reason alone it has to be a no, rationally.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
Should it be illegal for me to skateboard. I could get knocked out or break bones, even die.

How about surfing? Very dangerous. Not only can you get knocked out, you can drown.

Should that be illegal?
edit on 26-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Should it be illegal for me to skateboard. I could get knocked out or break bones, even die.

How about surfing? Very dangerous. Not only can you get knocked out, you can drown.

Should that be illegal?

The goal isnt to be knocked out is it, you just suck at it and dont wear any protection.

Does a boxer get to wear a helmet and box till he runs out of energy? no.

edit on b4444550 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Should that be illegal?

The goal isnt to be knocked out is it, you just suck at it and dont wear any protection.

. I suck at skating huh? Lol.

Fights can end in a variety of ways.

I am dumbfounded with the way some of you want to play it so safe. Just stay locked in your house ok?

Maybe I'm crazy, but ill stick to it because I have a lot of fun pursuing my passions.

I'm glad you're not in charge.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Dude. Once you commit to a trick there is no turning back.

I feel comfortable saying you have no clue what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I read a report years ago that seemed to take the line that brain injurie and deaths in boxing could be attributed to well meaning attempts to make it "safer".

Bare knuckle fights can look brutal, blood and snot everywhere quite early in the fight, but you can only hit so hard with an ungloved fist before you break your hand, and the fight would probably be stopped sooner as one boxer would be cut too badly to carry on or have both eye swollen and be unable to see properly.

When you surround the fit with padding you can hit much harder, and do less skin damage to your opponent, which means he can be hit more times and suffer bigger impacts than he could in a bare knuckle scenario.

Maybe we should go back to that?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I read a report years ago that seemed to take the line that brain injurie and deaths in boxing could be attributed to well meaning attempts to make it "safer".

Bare knuckle fights can look brutal, blood and snot everywhere quite early in the fight, but you can only hit so hard with an ungloved fist before you break your hand, and the fight would probably be stopped sooner as one boxer would be cut too badly to carry on or have both eye swollen and be unable to see properly.

When you surround the fit with padding you can hit much harder, and do less skin damage to your opponent, which means he can be hit more times and suffer bigger impacts than he could in a bare knuckle scenario.

Maybe we should go back to that?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I used to skate, skateboard and mountain bike and ive had loads of accidents never knocked myself out and if i did i would have the good sense to stop as long as that first hit didnt make me dumb enough to carry on and ignore it.

The GOAL of boxing is knockout or TK, thats not the goal of other somewhat dangerous sports which ENDORSE waring head protection.

The one talking crap is you not me.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Im with the no crowd.

Any sport where knocking out is a goal should not be a thing, being knocked out even once can cause brain injury if your out for too long or the hit it just that hard.

So for that reason alone it has to be a no, rationally.

Interesting, last year you were bragging about knocking a guy out for having an argument with some woman and you tried to justify it but you are not cool with it in a sport, very strange.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I used to skate, skateboard and mountain bike and ive had loads of accidents never knocked myself out and if i did i would have the good sense to stop as long as that first hit didnt make me dumb enough to carry on and ignore it.

The GOAL of boxing is knockout or TK, thats not the goal of other somewhat dangerous sports which ENDORSE waring head protection.

The one talking crap is you not me.

Hey now, I am not talking smack. Nor did I accuse you of doing so.

You said I suck at skating. What kind of talk is that?

The worst thing I did was disagree with you and state that I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I've been skating for 16 years, I've fought In the cage. I have strong opinions here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join