It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP delegate says there will be 8 candidates for party nomination in Cleveland.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Curly Haugland is a delegate from North Dakota and is unbound.

Today he said that the primaries do not matter and that he will be proposing a rule change as part of his role on the rules committee to include any candidate that received even 1 vote during the primary process. He has suggested that there will be 8 candidates to choose from and even questioned whether anyone will be bound on the first ballot. This would mean Bush, Rubio, etc back in the race.

This is probably the most open admission of the plans for Cleveland yet:

Even if Trump reaches the magic number of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee," Haugland said. "The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor.

Video Link for this story

This is the same guy that, back in March, said the voters don't matter...

Things could be starting to get even uglier now that Trump swept NY.

Is the last throw of the dice a brazen suspension of all votes?
edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
from his history I would say that Curly is just an attention seeker. just like that reporter who said that Donald Trump's assistant threw her to the floor.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Undermining the process and uprooting Trump is the only chance they have at potentially putting up a fight for the White House. Trump is a guaranteed loser if he goes against Hillary or Sanders.

I can see why they would do it, but not sure it is very ethical.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's fine. Let them blow the whole party to kingdom come. Because that's EXACTLY what they will be doing if this happens. They can wave bye-bye to the GOP forever and I will be clapping and toasting as the flames rage on.

This has really gotten out of control IMO. I am also sick of hearing that the votes don't matter. Just put a man in the WH then. A dictator of their choosing because this is coming mighty close to that. If that's how they want it to work then just do away with the illusion of the elections all together and quit crapping around with it.

The only two people that should be on that stage are Trump and Cruz. If Trump gets to 1237 then he should be the nominee outright.

The people are choosing and if they don't like it, maybe they should think about how they can change instead of ramming a faux candidate down everyone's throats. Their pick WILL lose simply because the people will not have it. They can either save the party and go with the people or lose the party and the election both.

I am beginning to wonder if they don't just want Hillary as much as the Dems do. It sure seems like it. Idiots.

edit on 4/22/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The more I think about this the more it just reeks of a "Money Grab" which lines these folks' pockets while the taxpayer pays for providing their own illusion of having any say in how things turn out. I've thought this since 2012 when the U.S. Chamber of Commerce 'donated' $100M to the Presidential Erection. Why?? I started digging around back then and have been 'off' ever since. Now if a 'candidate' can raise $100k or $5k/ in 20 different States, then they receive "matching funds" so a person could get rich if they had the right campaign workers.

So if what this turd says is 'True' then why are We (taxpayer) bankrolling this show? I wonder how much $$$ is spent on this crap all tolled? Where does the $$ go that these Delegates and Super Delegates contribute?

Nobody in '16

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
from his history I would say that Curly is just an attention seeker. just like that reporter who said that Donald Trump's assistant threw her to the floor.

I think this guy runs the risk of being unseated at the convention given his comments.
The thing is, though, that the 1237 threshold and any binding can be removed by the rules committee before the first ballot starts, at least if I have understood the process at the convention correctly.

Popcorn, beer , TV.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I think this guy runs the risk of being unseated at the convention given his comments.
The thing is, though, that the 1237 threshold and any binding can be removed by the rules committee before the first ballot starts, at least if I have understood the process at the convention correctly.

Popcorn, beer , TV.

Priebus, was on FOX today saying that there would be "NO RULE CHANGES".

roflmao

The people will hopefully finally be able to see "2 wings on the same vulture"! No offense to vultures...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: UKTruth

Popcorn, beer , TV.

Priebus, was on FOX today saying that there would be "NO RULE CHANGES".

roflmao

The people will hopefully finally be able to see "2 wings on the same vulture"! No offense to vultures...

I think Prius has run out of charge. I don't think he knows what he is doing.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Undermining the process and uprooting Trump is the only chance they have at potentially putting up a fight for the White House. Trump is a guaranteed loser if he goes against Hillary or Sanders.

What difference will it make who they nominate? None of the Republican candidates will beat Hilary. Hilary has already been ordained as the next 'Criminal-in-Chief'.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We can all say (from the bread lines) where were you when Hillary was crowned?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What difference will it make who they nominate? None of the Republican candidates will beat Hilary. Hilary has already been ordained as the next 'Criminal-in-Chief'.

That's because none of them, except Kasich, seems to have what it takes to beat Hillary.

And let's be factually correct here. She is not a criminal. That will come later, if at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"What difference does it make...".. I see what you did there

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The MSM is putting forth the narrative Trump doesn't have a chance. The Dem establishment won't let Bernie beat out Hillary. Trump would actually beat Hillary in a general. MSM polls are fed to the sheeple. I'll say about 80% of people I've talked to would vote Trump over Clinton. People I know dislike Trump, but they dislike and don't trust Hillary even more.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

80% of the people you talk to would vote Trump over the witch that doesn't surprise me. Like minded people usually consult each other, but polls are somewhat indiscriminate (not all). Most polls say he will be slaughtered if he is the nominee.

He polls about 50% with the republicans but they only account for about 30% of the electorate he polls single digits with the Dems and less than 10% with the independents. The majority of the voters are decided on Trump very few are undecided. Trump can't win enough votes to win.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If they do this, it will be the end of the GOP. People are paying attention this election. If they think that people are just going to roll over and vote for whoever they choose, against the will of the people, then they are delusional.

The voters have shown how they feel this election.

Some of the top party seem to recognize what will happen if they change the rules to go against the voters. Hopefully the rational ones will dominate the stupid ones.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That's because none of them, except Kasich, seems to have what it takes to beat Hillary.

And let's be factually correct here. She is not a criminal. That will come later, if at all.

Kasich won't get Republican voters. He is far to liberal to attract their base. He will poll better among Democrats simply because he represents moderate Democrats better than his own party.

Also, just because Hilary hasn't been convicted doesn't mean she isn't a criminal. She is guilty of many things, but is slimy enough to wiggle free of the justice system especially since it is being controlled by her party and Obama.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If they do this, it will be the end of the GOP. People are paying attention this election. If they think that people are just going to roll over and vote for whoever they choose, against the will of the people, then they are delusional.

The voters have shown how they feel this election.

Some of the top party seem to recognize what will happen if they change the rules to go against the voters. Hopefully the rational ones will dominate the stupid ones.

Then the GOP better get it's **** together and find some compromise. Like Trump dropping out of the race, which I suspect he will do in the near future; his job of running interference for the dembs is about over. Can the Republicans mount an effective campaign after this Cluster ****? I doubt it.

I can almost hear the beltway democrats laughing their asses off way out here in the desert SW.

hey, it's a conspiracy site right?
edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UnBreakable

80% of the people you talk to would vote Trump over the witch that doesn't surprise me. Like minded people usually consult each other, but polls are somewhat indiscriminate (not all). Most polls say he will be slaughtered if he is the nominee.

He polls about 50% with the republicans but they only account for about 30% of the electorate he polls single digits with the Dems and less than 10% with the independents. The majority of the voters are decided on Trump very few are undecided. Trump can't win enough votes to win.

The Clinton/Trump polls are narrowing. Now single digits. Remember also that he was level just a few months back and there are still 7 months till the general election. I would think Clinton would win, but it will be much closer than you expect.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

In a Clinton/Trump contest, using logic:

Many Bernie supporters hate Hillary. Many will likely either not vote, or will vote for Trump.

Independents and non-affiliated voters have not yet been counted in the closed primaries. They will likely either not vote, or vote for Trump. I can't see them choosing Hillary.

Republicans who did not support Trump will likely not vote, or will vote for Trump just to stop Hillary.

Trump supporters will vote for Trump.

I don't see Hillary getting too many from the above groups flipping to her side.

I think Trump has a pretty good chance.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

If campaigns don't get public funding, it means they're surviving entirely on private funding. Do you really want special interests to have even more of a say than they already do?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join