It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with ultra rare card

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Years ago, when my son was younger, he collected Yu Gi Oh cards. Tonight, just for the fun of it, we started looking through some of his cards that he kept in one of those pocketed keepers, made just for that purpose. I know some of the cards have increased in value over the years and we were curious as to how much some of them were worth. On the average, they're worth a few dollars, up to about $60. We ran across one card that, when we looked it up on the internet, it was actually claimed that it was a legend that doesn't really exist. Now, I know nothing about this game or how much the cards or worth or even what cards are valuable. He has hundreds of them, all in mint condition, some still in the cellophane wrapper they came in.
The card I'm talking about is : Japanese Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon with Armor.
This is what I found when I tried to look it up -

www.thecelebworth.com...

This trading card is considered as the most expensive Yu-Gi-Oh! card. But, the existence of this card is even doubtful. There is no or little information available on this million dollar card. This card functions as a monster, and can be used to face the Gods of Egypt. If you are interested in purchasing this card, you need to burn a huge hole in your pocket as this card costs around $500,000.

5. Hundred. Thousand. Dollars.
And there's one in my son's room right now.
Can anyone who is familiar with this give me some info? Please?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If it's a million dollar card ... why do they tell you to have $500,000 to purchase it?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry....

Ebay says $4.50

www.ebay.com... te+dragon&_sacat=0

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Keep it another twenty years? Value just might go up. Played when I was around 11 and 12, but no expert on it now.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Sorry....

Ebay says $4.50

www.ebay.com... te+dragon&_sacat=0

Think the with armor part makes it different.

And the Japanese part.
edit on 20-4-2016 by StolidPanda because: (no reason given)

Yea the regular Japanese blue eye thing go for a lot higher on ebay. Didn't see one with armor.
edit on 20-4-2016 by StolidPanda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know. I'm assuming it's just a twist of phrase from the writer of the list.
That's why I'm asking someone here, who may know more about this game and what cards are actually valuable..

One site says you need a boat load of money to buy it. Another says there is only one in print. They show the card and it's an exact copy of the one my son has.

yugioh.wikia.com...:Most_expensive_card%3F

With all the gamers we have here, I'm hoping I can get a more informed opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

They're not the same card. I don't know anything about trading cards in general beyond having a few pricey baseball and football cards tucked away but if you look at the writing directly under the bottom right corner of the image, the one in the OP's link has DPKB-EN001 on it and the one at the eBay link is SDK-001.

EDIT:

Looks like the DPKB-EN001 is still not all that expensive. Used, "Moderately played" :

eBay - $17.91

I'm thinking maybe the card referred to by the OP's link is not this DPKB-EN001 card and is in fact a card with Japanese writing on it that they probably couldn't find an image for. Don't they have online price guides for these things?
edit on 2016-4-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Take a picture of it, there are enough gamer geeks on this forum that could properly identify it for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StolidPanda

edit on 20-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Researching into it right now...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sorry then, you're not rich. That's the SDK-001. Here's what the ultra rare card looks like apparently:

According to a comment from the video:

cVc's review and unboxings8 months ago It's not 99% the same as the (original) The original Japanese cards have a high gloss Finishing and it's so high you can see it through most acrylic cases! This card does not have that. This is not a real Konami card which I know you have stated "Orica" but this card is basically worth nothing! Their is only one real (legit) blue eyes ultimate dragon with armour in the world, produced by konami. Your stars are noticeably different when you hold the card back from the camera also. I'm know card expert but If I had that card beside the real one I would probably be able to point out 5 differences minimum! Overall good attempt. I don't know why people are mad about a fake card not for sale!!!!!!!?????? Saying this card is 99% the same as the original does not put price tag on it! Only a fool would spend $20+ on this card! 

Other sources seem to verify that there was only a single T3-01 made by Konami ever and so only one in the world. There are knock offs from other companies like the one in the above video.

EDIT:

Looks like a non first edition SDK-001 in mint condition probably tops out at about $15-$20.
edit on 2016-4-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What's the difference between the English version and the Japanese version? Is it the writing? or the armour?

My daughter has several of the Blue eyes ultimate dragon cards in her collection from when she was younger. I'll look at them tomorrow.

ETA: Her's are probably knock offs as well, going by the above post. I'll look anyway to see what she has.
edit on 20-4-2016 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank You!!
I'm actually pretty relieved..... and disappointed. Although I would like to have something like that, I'd still be kicking myself for letting half a million bucks sit in the closet for the last 8 years.
My heart can slow down now.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
32.00 - 18.00 dollars on amazon for the version of the card you have.

But where the confusion comes in comes from the Anime itself, in the Anime there are only four of that card Printed 2 lost and one confirmed destroyed, kind of like the Willy Wonka Golden Tickets...

Thing is In the Real world it is just like if you bought a Wonka Bar today and Guess what you get a Golden Ticket, Problem is every wanka Bar has a "Golden Ticket" it was part of the Advertising gimmick.

Sorry the card you found is not Uber Rare, more like Moderately Uncommon. Sort of like a Sengir Vampire / Lord of the Pit / Serra Angel from magic the gathering, Real nice to get, great if you have 5 (four for play one for collection book).

CoBaZ

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Lol. If I found out I had a half million dollar trading card in my possession without knowing it for years, I'd probably stroke out on the spot.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is what's confusing about these. Many of them look quite a bit alike. This one looks a lot like the one in the video.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for the help!
My blood pressure is finally getting back to normal.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I feel so sorry for you, your hopes reached new heights. I bet you even saw the fee for college being paid by your kids hobby.. Well we all know the feeling of just wishing to much sometimes and crashing down.. But thanks for the laugh while it lasted

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This sounds alot like the fiddle scam

From Wikipedia en.m.wikipedia.org...
Fiddle game
The fiddle game uses the pigeon drop technique. A pair of con men work together, one going into an expensive restaurant in shabby clothes, eating, and claiming to have left his wallet at home, which is nearby. As collateral, the con man leaves his only worldly possession, the violin that provides his livelihood. After he leaves, the second con man swoops in, offers an outrageously large amount (for example $50,000) for such a rare instrument, then looks at his watch and runs off to an appointment, leaving his card for the mark to call him when the fiddle-owner returns. The "poor man" comes back, having gotten the money to pay for his meal and redeem his violin. The mark, thinking he has an offer on the table, then buys the violin from the fiddle player who "reluctantly" agrees to sell it for a certain amount that still allows the mark to make a "profit" from the valuable violin. The result is the two con men are richer (less the cost of the violin), and the mark is left with a cheap instrument.

It's referenced in the TV show leverage alot
edit on 20-4-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

Do you see, anywhere in my post, an offer to sell it? Did you see I was trying to get help identifying the card and it's authenticity? Did you see I went out of my way to post clear pictures of the card and it's numbers?
I'm not trying to sell anything, I was just asking for a more informed opinion from the gamers we have on the site. Insinuating that I would try to scam my brethren here is insulting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join