It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think Jesus would say about the present day United States government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by Americanpatriot123 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Weren't the kingdoms offered to Jesus when he was in the wilderness by Satan? And Jesus turned him down? I think his followers were commanded to prepare for his kingdom to come instead of getting tax breaks from this one.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ChloeTTR
I don't think any of the above. I doubt he would have much interest.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
He would say "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together try to love one another right now. Right Nowwwww." ♫

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

D : US government ? Oh crap I forgot about them, quick Putin push the button, don't worry I'll make their retaliation malfunction.

Oh yah? The same way God stopped all other mass deaths in the past from war, famine and plague?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"I am the U.S. government, as are you all."

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

He'd do no such thing, Brother.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Considering the nature of the Roman Empire and Roman Imperial governance and his lack of teaching on that subject during his ministry ... likely ... wait for it ... not a whole lot.

He was not a politician. This is one of the reasons the Jews rejected Him. They expected their Messiah to be a conquering warrior king in the vein of David, someone who would set them free from the oppression of Imperial Rome, and here comes Jesus preaching against legalism in the Sadduccess and Pharisees and talking about personal salvation and how a person must conduct themselves.

In essence, his message is a personal one about how each person is to conduct him or herself and walk right by God, not a message about establishing any earthly Kingdom. That won't happen until He comes back and does it himself at which point the governments of the earth are done, but until then, our job is to walk with God and stay right by Him, do as He bids within the confines of our day to day reality (of which governance is a part) and otherwise let those things be those things.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Question: What do You think Jesus would think about Uncle Suga?

Answer: E) When is the next flight to Nibiru?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

He would say: "I recognize you... You are the b@#terds who Hung me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join