It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Fined: A Closer Look

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs gets fined 5 billion dollars but get this, it's tax deductible! After the announcement their stock actually went up, probably because they can continue making gains illegally and literally face no consequences.

Let's see, who running for pres would actually regulate Wall Street? Trump? Clinton? Cruz! Oh wait, no, not him.

Hmmm..

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's pretty standard practice, not just for the banks but for any large industry (see BP with their oil spill) that when they're fined, they can make the fine tax deductible and ultimately pay nothing for it. In a few cases, companies have even been given tax refunds after deducing their fine and finding the government owed them money. Hows that for a punishment? Sometimes we even pay them for screwing over the people.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Goldman Sachs gets fined 5 billion dollars but get this, it's tax deductible! After the announcement their stock actually went up, probably because they can continue making gains illegally and literally face no consequences.

Let's see, who running for pres would actually regulate Wall Street? Trump? Clinton? Cruz! Oh wait, no, not him.

Hmmm..

Just more evidence of and a measure of how corrupt the US govt and business is and of how far the US has declined in world standing.

Another way of saying this is "we will look the other way if you put 5 bill in the kitty." yea righto, no worries.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ok. That's it. I'm gonna speed like 'ell, I'm gonna park like 'ell, I'm gonna pee publicly, eat fancy restaurants without paying - - and do great, GREAT tax deductibles.

After all, if CORPORATES are HUMAN, then HUMANS must be also HUMANS.

new topics

top topics

join